Cowon Plenue D
Jun 6, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #4,846 of 4,949
Yea what technobear said was what I was aiming for, trying to get it removed from the PD completely including any kind of caching and re-add. @mdtolic I like some RTJ myself sometimes like Nobody Speak :)

Jun 6, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #4,847 of 4,949
Wow. Cleared MusicDB. Still didn't show up. Removed all traces of it from the player and put it back on. Again, no cover. Weird. I'm pretty nutty about metadata so this bugs the heck out of me. @phase0 I believe the album is still free on the RTJ website if you want to grab it - and let me if you experience the same issue :wink:

Jun 6, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #4,848 of 4,949
I got it! ...but I cheated in enough ways it may not count. Make sure your image is jpg or png and try to reapply it. I used a program called metabliss but anything that can update the meta data in the mp3 would work.

IMG_3184.jpg

Jun 7, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #4,850 of 4,949
I deleted every trace again and re-downloaded fresh from the web site. It's different. They changed it to one single MP3 for the whole album. My original download (on release day) was separate tracks, the booklet and a cover.jpg file. There has to be something up with those files. After looking at them again I'm thinking a couple didn't even play, even though they look just fine on the PD. Unfortunately, the new file doesn't display artwork either. IDK, guess I just need to live with it.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #4,851 of 4,949
My Cowon Plenue D2 has been frozen since 7:55PM yesterday (~17 hrs ago) on the "Invalid File" screen.

Nothing I do can get it to go away. If I hold down the power button, for literally minutes, it will never shut down.

Is there some sort of reset button? This image is going to get burned into the damn screen, because it has a freaking full battery....

Please, someone help. I have never had a single issue with this device, and now it's essentially bricked.

I also tried removing/changing SD cards, nothing matters. It's totally locked up on me!

Jun 26, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #4,854 of 4,949
I already tried the button combinations, as I knew this from other devices.

However, nothing has worked yet. I'll try it again! Thanks for the input.

Jun 26, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #4,855 of 4,949
Luckily, the battery did finally die!

I think it'll be just fine now, but no clue why that happened. It must not have liked that Otis Redding album in DST. :ksc75smile:

Jul 13, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #4,856 of 4,949
Just wanted to give an update on my Plenue D2:

Since it locked up and I was forced to wait for the battery to die; I haven't had a single issue since.

I think it was just a fluke! Thanks to those who attempted to assist.

Jul 21, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #4,858 of 4,949
Has anyone had their plenue D just die... mine wont take a charge, wont respond to the -/+ reset... just dead. Had it since they came out. I put it on the USB charger, nothing, on the laptop - nothing.

Yeah that happened to me. Battery died after I had it for a couple of months and then it wouldn't charge back up again or start. I had a second one due to an Amazon screwup, so it wasn't that big a deal, but still kept me super suspicious of the device after.

Jul 30, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #4,860 of 4,949
In my search for an upgrade to the Shanling m0, the D2 stands out if I’m looking purely for battery life and sound quality. However, the limit of 128gb sd cards essentially takes it out of the running. Is there any knowledge of a newer model in this range coming anytime soon that will support 256-512 cards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back