Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further.
Apr 25, 2017 at 4:32 AM Post #406 of 1,024
That's the point if you EQ and just to get both to sound similar, is an upgrade justifiable where you need to fork out additional cash?

Treble can get sibilant on P2 which I did not experience on same track played on P1.
yeah, I demoed the P2 and well Ill stick to my P1 and M.

Apr 25, 2017 at 4:58 AM Post #409 of 1,024
yeah, I demoed the P2 and well Ill stick to my P1 and M.

i am really surprised why cowon does not have any presence on head-fi, are they too good to be around here?

Apr 25, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #410 of 1,024

End of it, it all boils down to taste if you are looking for something which sounds precise versus one which is musical.

I will stay with the musical one as that is always what I aim for :)

Apr 25, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #411 of 1,024
if the treble is really sibiilant on P2 that then is really a problem, my Vision Ears VE5 are really perfect and if something pops up from the dap they become harsch and bad for the ears.How is P1 with veeery sensitive 10 to 20 Ohms IEMs?

Apr 25, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #412 of 1,024
As I mentioned before, if you hear sibilance with P2 it's probably because your headphones tuned with a peak around 6k-7k and the reason why you hear that sibilant harshness. If the same pair of headphones sounds smooth on your other dap, it means that other dap is tuned to mask (smooth out) that 6k-7k FR region. P2 is more neutral than musical/smooth. Based on how you guys describing P1, P2 is indeed a side grade in sound quality.

Apr 25, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #413 of 1,024
Also I wanted to ask about vocals on P2. Is it feels a bit upfront or rather burried into the mix? Read, that AK DACs performs the middle frequencies very well.

P.S
The most interesting competition for me is between Opus 2 and P2, cuz they have a similar price tags. No EQ or Jet, only a fair comparison head to head.

Apr 25, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #414 of 1,024
That's the point if you EQ and just to get both to sound similar, is an upgrade justifiable where you need to fork out additional cash?

Treble can get sibilant on P2 which I did not experience on same track played on P1.

have you tried to put all the 7 I guess different DAC roll-off filters, to see if the treble gets right much amount on P2, maybe P1 has direct DAC roll off control as well. I often suffer from tinnitus even now with stellar Vision Ears VE5 custom IEMs(they are no wrong) and overexpressed iBasso DX90 (I love it but its harsh in the treble and upper mids and that gives me tinnitus for months and I am really considered about my health and worried not to get some degree of hearing loss, iBasso is perfect with ATH m50x though, but VE5 is quite big game changer and extremely sensitive needingvolume from just 120 to 150 from 225, AKGK545 is not best friend with DX90 as well, extreeemely harsch in 10kHz and giving fast and worrying long lasting tinnitus, coped to heal it just after 4 months or so)

Apr 25, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #415 of 1,024
have you tried to put all the 7 I guess different DAC roll-off filters, to see if the treble gets right much amount on P2, maybe P1 has direct DAC roll off control as well. I often suffer from tinnitus even now with stellar Vision Ears VE5 custom IEMs(they are no wrong) and overexpressed iBasso DX90 (I love it but its harsh in the treble and upper mids and that gives me tinnitus for months and I am really considered about my health and worried not to get some degree of hearing loss, iBasso is perfect with ATH m50x though, but VE5 is quite big game changer and extremely sensitive needingvolume from just 120 to 150 from 225, AKGK545 is not best friend with DX90 as well, extreeemely harsch in 10kHz and giving fast and worrying long lasting tinnitus, coped to heal it just after 4 months or so)

My P1 is on fast roll off. I did not try on different filters for the P2.

Apr 25, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #416 of 1,024
please try with all roll offs on both, if you have the oportunity, as well what HPs or IEMs are you using? I really want to see good all roll off filter comparison between P2 and DX200 and which one gives more pleasure in listening after weeks, including P1. As I see till now theEQs are made in hifi way together with Jets and so on, cause with DX90 the SQ drops significantly when EQ is on...

Apr 25, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #418 of 1,024
Also I wanted to ask about vocals on P2. Is it feels a bit upfront or rather burried into the mix? Read, that AK DACs performs the middle frequencies very well.

P.S
The most interesting competition for me is between Opus 2 and P2, cuz they have a similar price tags. No EQ or Jet, only a fair comparison head to head.

Compared to Astell & Kern's AKM implementation, the P2 sounds more upfront.

Apr 26, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #419 of 1,024
New Firmware 1.10 for Cowon P2

http://www.cowonglobal.com/zeroboard/zboard.php?id=C08&category=&no=586&bmenu=support&category=1028

- Support to play 32-bit AIFF
- Fixed to close the volume pop-up when the user touches the screen discretionally
- Fixed the search error of progress bar's end part during the audio play
- Fixed volume malfunction in the change of playing music between DSD and other music files
- Improved the noise when the earphone is removed
- Fixed the change of left/right output when connecting USB DAC
- Added the setting function of selecting USB DAC Power *
* When the internal battery is set in Setting/System/USB DAC Power, PLENUE 2 internal battery will supply
USB DAC Power.
When PC/Smart phone is set in Setting/System/USB DAC Power, PC/Smartphone which is connected with
USB DAC will supply USB DAC Power.

Apr 26, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #420 of 1,024
Its back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back