Cowon J3 + Sennheiser MM 450. Sounds terrible, is that normal?
Sep 19, 2011 at 9:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

tobold

New Head-Fier
Longtime lurker, first time poster (I could have sworn I had an account...).

After replacing the cables on my Sennheiser HD 25-1 II for the fourth time in less than a year, and seeing the favorable video review of the MM 450, I decided I should try these wireless headphones.
I was rather wary of bluetooth headphones, but I decided to give them a try. After some trouble pairing them I finally got them working, but I immediately noticed the mushy snares. Most of the music sounded okay, but the snares reminded me of the 64kbps MP3s I traded with friends in the 90s.

Is that normal with these headphones or do other PMPs support better codecs for bluetooth?
I really like the Cowon J3 and carry it around in my trouserpocket all the time (which is why the HD 25-1 II cables break so often :/).

I have no problem trading some audio quality for comfort when I'm on the go, but that is too much of a sacrifice.
Any recommendations what other PMPs I could try? Or should I just send them back and spring the extra 150 Euros for these with this ?

Sep 19, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #2 of 2
Bluetooth always gives lower quality audio and is very noticeable.  Really have to use cables....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back