Cowon D3 - We have contact...
Jan 5, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #197 of 380
All thing: even icons in the menu doesn't go up and down smoothly. It gets worst when watching a hd video (OK, I can tolerate that one but) menu shows up about after 1 sec. If we will able to watch 4 of these videos again, just look how many times he have to push to do something..

Jan 5, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #198 of 380
It's a PIII 500Mhz if I remember correctly...bad choice

Quote:
Bad news fellas: it is SLUGGISH AS HELL, more like unusable: http://www.youtube.com/user/enurireview#p/u (most recent 4 videos). I was extremely excited in last a few days, even thought a preorder without reading reviews, now it is all gone, in seconds... this is sad. Maybe a huge firmware update can solve this..

Dear Cowon,

Why you need to put a internet browser-wifi-800x480 screen if the chip inside is not capable of. Hell with andriod, all I need was a J3 with a nicer UI, digital out and more battery life. D3 is too early, X7 was too old as in terms of specs, please find the middle.

Regards,
J3 user

----

Edit: He made the videos private now, don't know why, maybe cowon made him to
tongue_smile.gif
but maybe he will put them again.

Jan 5, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #199 of 380
Seems I've narrowly missed being able to watch those videos.
I'd prefer there be no transitions all if it were to help, but if theres that much of a delay between menus then I'm not sure about this one anymore.
I was so looking forward to this.. oh well. Usually is hit or miss with cowon.

Jan 5, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #200 of 380

Quote:
It's a PIII 500Mhz if I remember correctly...bad choice

No that should be the PC CPU at least, you want to connect your d3. I think d3 processor should be better that because p3 was like 10 years ago.

Jan 5, 2011 at 5:45 AM Post #201 of 380
Yes but those had much better batterytime dident they?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The batterytime may be the result of a better buildt-in amp.
biggrin.gif

From all the Cowon products I have tried out, they sound extremely similar. The Cowon D2+, S9, J3 all sounded identical. If they put in a better amp, that would be great, but I don't think they changed it.

1+ Cowon, like Sony stick the same in my experience, D2, D2+,S9,J3 no noticeable difference.

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #202 of 380
http://www.youtube.com/user/jsgon0#p/a/u/2/KSKieVnAFXc
triportsad.gif
it lasted just 3 minutes before locking down.

Jan 5, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #205 of 380
Yes, you can install apps (that was one the 4 videos, that are now private) But who cares? It hardly handles the UI, I don't think you can enjoy most of the apps. I am even suspicious about bit perfect output with this processor....

Jan 5, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #206 of 380
Looking good slightly sluggish nothing that can't be fixed with a firmware update. In the usual 'Cowon' fashion, sounds sturdy too , also processor would be nice is it were better but if I'm not mistaken this is another S9. Something about it is annoying though.....like I'll pass annoying we shall see though.

Jan 5, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #209 of 380
Well, first: It seems that the person who's taking the video is afraid of touching the screen. Most of the times when he hits it, it doesn't react or he hitting it just off of the button.

The audio screen when he does the cover flow, it didn't move because it only had three covers, If he had more music on, it would move.

The video change is a big let down, yet overall I've heard that Android 2.3 instead of 2,2 which the d3 i running is faster.

The D3 kinda reminds me of the early s9, of how slow and sloppy the UI was

Users who are viewing this thread

Back