Cowon D3 - We have contact...
Jan 4, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #182 of 380

Quote:
J3, S9, this is real life that would be listening, changing songs and options. 

The price is a bit much, but I'm waiting for a good review to ask if it's worth it

J3 ui is not trashy. Its fast responsive and easy to learn. You also cut 24hours  out of the 64hours cowon states for j3. That is more than a third. You are mostly right, but if you do the same maths for D3 then 21hours should drop to at least 14 hours.

Jan 4, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #184 of 380
@KitKat, contact me on that my GF wants one

I think my main thing with this is battery life, compared to the other Cowons I own this is a letdown. It's to be expected seeings as what it will be doing but Cowon needs to bounce back battery wise. Other wise looking forward to this, the UI should be nice first the S9 - acceptable- the J3 - nice improvement- so we will see.

Jan 4, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #185 of 380

Quote:
@KitKat, contact me on that my GF wants one

I think my main thing with this is battery life, compared to the other Cowons I own this is a letdown. It's to be expected seeings as what it will be doing but Cowon needs to bounce back battery wise. Other wise looking forward to this, the UI should be nice first the S9 - acceptable- the J3 - nice improvement- so we will see.

sweeet

i'll probably wait 3 or 4 days till someone puts up a decent review for the D3 then i'll contact you first if I do decide to go with the D3

Thanks

Jan 4, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #187 of 380
I remember reading somewhere that the world-wide release is January 7. Can't remember if it was just a rumor or an official announcement.

Jan 4, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #190 of 380
The batterytime may be the result of a better buildt-in amp.
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #192 of 380

Quote:
biggrin.gif

I've read it's running the same set up as the s9 and j3, but cowon doesn't post their specs almost at all for hardware. SO we have to wait

Jan 4, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #193 of 380

Quote:
biggrin.gif

From all the Cowon products I have tried out, they sound extremely similar. The Cowon D2+, S9, J3 all sounded identical. If they put in a better amp, that would be great, but I don't think they changed it.

Jan 4, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #194 of 380

Quote:
Quote:
biggrin.gif

From all the Cowon products I have tried out, they sound extremely similar. The Cowon D2+, S9, J3 all sounded identical. If they put in a better amp, that would be great, but I don't think they changed it.

1+ Cowon, like Sony stick the same in my experience, D2, D2+,S9,J3 no noticeable difference.

Jan 5, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #195 of 380
Bad news fellas: it is SLUGGISH AS HELL, more like unusable: http://www.youtube.com/user/enurireview#p/u (most recent 4 videos). I was extremely excited in last a few days, even thought a preorder without reading reviews, now it is all gone, in seconds... this is sad. Maybe a huge firmware update can solve this..

Dear Cowon,

Why you need to put a internet browser-wifi-800x480 screen if the chip inside is not capable of. Hell with andriod, all I need was a J3 with a nicer UI, digital out and more battery life. D3 is too early, X7 was too old as in terms of specs, please find the middle.

Regards,
J3 user

----

Edit: He made the videos private now, don't know why, maybe cowon made him to
tongue_smile.gif
but maybe he will put them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back