Cowon D3 - We have contact...
Jan 5, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #211 of 380
Of course this is the usual Cowon thing they slowly....release firmware updates. Don't worry though I'm as of now discovering where these where built so I can go over there with my shotgun. I'll make them improve this and the X7 for that matter. Damm shells...this thing is heavy.

Jan 5, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #213 of 380
yes, very very bad.....

i'll take my time and wait until the firmware gets better.
no rush what so ever....

perhaps even pricedrop if nobody buys it......
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 5, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #218 of 380
SORRY! I read the information totally wrong, the PIII 500Mhz was the system req.

Quote:
It's a PIII 500Mhz if I remember correctly...bad choice

Quote:
Bad news fellas: it is SLUGGISH AS HELL, more like unusable: http://www.youtube.com/user/enurireview#p/u (most recent 4 videos). I was extremely excited in last a few days, even thought a preorder without reading reviews, now it is all gone, in seconds... this is sad. Maybe a huge firmware update can solve this..

Dear Cowon,

Why you need to put a internet browser-wifi-800x480 screen if the chip inside is not capable of. Hell with andriod, all I need was a J3 with a nicer UI, digital out and more battery life. D3 is too early, X7 was too old as in terms of specs, please find the middle.

Regards,
J3 user

----

Edit: He made the videos private now, don't know why, maybe cowon made him to
tongue_smile.gif
but maybe he will put them again.

Jan 7, 2011 at 5:47 AM Post #219 of 380
The D3 has a firmware update v1.21:

* Video player
Screen and audio sync error correction

* Music Player
Delete files from the folder browser when the browser update has been applied for
Album Matrix browser to display the images should not appear often correct errors

* Sleep mode, reducing the transition time
For about 2 seconds to hold state jeonhwanhu Lock screen mode, press the power button to sleep mode, enters through

* Photo Viewer, image decoding error correction

* App Update: Twitter, wodeueop

* Additional stability improvements

Jan 7, 2011 at 6:14 AM Post #220 of 380
these videos dont look very encouraging...

Jan 7, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #221 of 380
the nail in the coffin is this browser comparison video with the zune hd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzaXMH2I73c

As I remember, the ZHD browser wasn't that great to begin with back when I had it (FW 4.5) but it flies compared to the D3, rendering pages faster and shifting orientation (Portait/landscape) much more quickly and fluidly than the D3. The ZHD is almost 18 months old and will likely be replaced by a faster ZHD2 running WP7 OS!

Jan 7, 2011 at 9:37 AM Post #223 of 380

Quote:
but honestly, it's not even out properly and already needs a massive upgrade.....what is that?

x2...seriously, how did this thing get overlooked?? why would they release this in such condition? 
its obvious that the web browsing is far from optimal...I doubt that they will fix this anytime soon. otherwise why release it in this state?

Jan 7, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #225 of 380
I was afraid this would happen. On paper, everything sounded so wonderful, but it appears the D3 is nearly crippled from slow hardware and/or a poor software implementation.

Dang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back