Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Nov 20, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #3,437 of 5,310
Hm, this is weird. I just saw this picture of BA4s on cosmic's facebook and my configuration does not look like that.
confused_face_2.gif

I guess maybe this is a new thing?

Nov 20, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #3,439 of 5,310
  This is a new kind of cable. I saw it a few months ago.

I meant how the drivers are set up, not the cable. Though the cable is pretty cool but looks like it can break easily?

Nov 20, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #3,443 of 5,310
  Hm, this is weird. I just saw this picture of BA4s on cosmic's facebook and my configuration does not look like that.
confused_face_2.gif

I guess maybe this is a new thing?

They are freaking beautiful though 0_o 
I really like that green!
They way the drivers are setup probably has something to do with the shape of the ear.

Maybe it was simply to small/flat to have the drivers 'hugged' together. Don't think it would matter too much for the sound. 

Nov 20, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #3,444 of 5,310
  They are freaking beautiful though 0_o 
I really like that green!
They way the drivers are setup probably has something to do with the shape of the ear.

Maybe it was simply to small/flat to have the drivers 'hugged' together. Don't think it would matter too much for the sound. 

Yeah, that color on the left is amazing.

The thing is that that picture looks like it has more drivers than my BA4s because of that driver on the top. Mine look like the bottom part of those monitors, that big driver and then a small one with a medium sizes one sitting together on the bottom. Unless that picture is also three drivers space out more? I hope I am making sense here.

Nov 20, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #3,445 of 5,310
Oh crap!

Yesterday I discovered that a significant gap between the earpiece and my left ear, that was causing some fit issues. Note that these issues were most apparent when I was outside, and my ears got cold.

So I first used some tape to close the gap, and it took about 3 layers of insulation tape to close the gap.
I think my audiologist messed this ear up. It could also have something to do, that the impressions were made on a hot summer day, and I'm using them outside in the cold today. Since I have no problems in my right earpiece, it probably was a mistake from the audiologist.

Now that I've tried to close the gap with nailpolish (sorry Phil), it's so much better to have equal isolation in both ears. And, the imaging and staging seems to have improved for the better. 

Nov 20, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #3,446 of 5,310
  Oh crap!

Yesterday I discovered that a significant gap between the earpiece and my left ear, that was causing some fit issues. Note that these issues were most apparent when I was outside, and my ears got cold.

So I first used some tape to close the gap, and it took about 3 layers of insulation tape to close the gap.
I think my audiologist messed this ear up. It could also have something to do, that the impressions were made on a hot summer day, and I'm using them outside in the cold today. Since I have no problems in my right earpiece, it probably was a mistake from the audiologist.

Now that I've tried to close the gap with nailpolish (sorry Phil), it's so much better to have equal isolation in both ears. And, the imaging and staging seems to have improved for the better. 

maybe water-based poly urethane is a better choice for this. It doesn't eat away at the acrylic like nail polish does and it cleans off with denatured alcohol. It's also a lot harder than nail polish is when dry.

Nov 20, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #3,448 of 5,310
  I have to remember that. Where would one buy this. Is there a well known brand that sells this?

sorry, can't remember the brand I used back then. Just remember it HAS to be water-based, the other types will probably dissolve your customs faster than you can scream bloody murder. any art-based shop should have it.

P.S
make sure to check that there are no solvents in the W-B polyurethane. I remember mine was a very gentle solution that could be washed away with just water before it dried.

Nov 20, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #3,449 of 5,310
  sorry, can't remember the brand I used back then. Just remember it HAS to be water-based, the other types will probably dissolve your customs faster than you can scream bloody murder. any art-based shop should have it.

P.S
make sure to check that there are no solvents in the W-B polyurethane. I remember mine was a very gentle solution that could be washed away with just water before it dried.

Alright thanks, but I won't be needing it for now. I already applied the nailpolish, it doesn't seem to eat away at the acrylic at all. I was even able to peal a couple of layers off when it was still semi wet. It will probably melt the acrylic a tiny bit underneath, but it's not visible since the nail polish melts together with the acrylic. Anyway, I did test where the gaps were before I applied the nailpolish. And I have no intention of removing it now. But, in the future it would be more sensible to use water based polyurethane.

I could have sent them back to Phil, but first off I don't think it's Phil's fault, and second I just don't want to wait so long! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back