Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Oct 27, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #3,286 of 5,310
In regards to mingz question, I would suggest dropping a message through email or even skype and also try to think of a possible IEM you can refer to to show your preferred sound signature. Phil should be able to suggest a more fitting one from there...

Edited...

Oct 27, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #3,287 of 5,310
  Uh.. anyone can tell me how long did your final product reach yr place/country after the deposit date?

Just hope to get a gauge instead or checking the tracking system day after day.....
Information from an Asia country would be an even more accurate gauge for my side..

Thanks in advance... :)

Anyway, in regards to mingz question, I would suggest dropping a message through email or even skype and also try to think of a possible IEM you can refer to to show your preferred sound signature. Phil should be able to suggest a more fitting one from there...

I sent them my TF10 on the 22nd of August from Singapore and reached CE at the 31st.
CE just finished my TF10 and was shipping it out on the 25th of October to the US.

Oct 27, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #3,288 of 5,310

I sent them my TF10 on the 22nd of August from Singapore and reached CE at the 31st.
CE just finished my TF10 and was shipping it out on the 25th of October to the US.

Haha.. that's the exact same date of when my package was deposited.. Guess mine is shipping only til monday itself..
Guess I can only rely on the 4-10 days information...

Anyway, Good luck with yours.. :D

Oct 27, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #3,290 of 5,310
Hi Guys, I am very new here. I have plan to move from universal item to ciem. I have been using sfi-5 pro for almost 6 years. I love its sound charactor. However, I was suggested that to go ciem is worth compare to quality that I would get. So, Iam here to find it
smily_headphones1.gif

I am in Thailand , an Asian country. As per my understanding, there is no issue for me to purchase the stuff internationally, right? In term of shipping and tax at origin side.

Also, can you please suggest me for a model from Cosmic ears which have bass outstandingly and still keeping detail of vocal. My music style is quite wide and various but majority are rock and pop style.

Your kind comment and suggestion are fully welcome.
Please feel free to share me.

Thanks in advance guys

Hey man, 

I'm not sure about the import rules in Thailand, but another guy from Hong Kong didn't seem to have any problems with importing his cIEMs from Sweden.

For the clearest vocals, get the BA4r. No question. Unless you specifically listen to very low, gutteral voices, then get the BA4f.

Oct 27, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #3,291 of 5,310
  I didn't know that Thailand was in Asia...hmmmmmm...

Are you kidding me?
Where is Thailand in your understanding? 
biggrin.gif

In regards to mingz question, I would suggest dropping a message through email or even skype and also try to think of a possible IEM you can refer to to show your preferred sound signature. Phil should be able to suggest a more fitting one from there...

Edited...

I think so. I would give it a try.
IMHO, the detail in product description is too short and not reflective for very amateur person like me. 

Hey man, 

I'm not sure about the import rules in Thailand, but another guy from Hong Kong didn't seem to have any problems with importing his cIEMs from Sweden.

For the clearest vocals, get the BA4r. No question. Unless you specifically listen to very low, gutteral voices, then get the BA4f.

I think so .... as per my reading this topic awhile. It seems BA4F is fit for me. However, it will not clear like BA4R but BA4F still have good enough vocal, right?

I am trying to balance between bass and vocal. My need maybe classical need for a lot of people.
etysmile.gif

Thanks all for you guys good comments

Oct 27, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #3,292 of 5,310

Are you kidding me?
Where is Thailand in your understanding? 
biggrin.gif

I think so. I would give it a try.
IMHO, the detail in product description is too short and not reflective for very amateur person like me. 

I think so .... as per my reading this topic awhile. It seems BA4F is fit for me. However, it will not clear like BA4R but BA4F still have good enough vocal, right?

I am trying to balance between bass and vocal. My need maybe classical need for a lot of people.
etysmile.gif

Well, I was given the BA4F choice after I made my request similar to yours..
He say that BA4R might be too clear for me..
since I wanted something lighter in bass than triplefi but I heard BA4R recently gotten slightly more bassy. (< correct me if wrong)

Oct 27, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #3,293 of 5,310
  Well, I was given the BA4F choice after I made my request similar to yours..
He say that BA4R might be too clear for me..
since I wanted something lighter in bass than triplefi but I heard BA4R recently gotten slightly more bassy. (< correct me if wrong)

Yeah I think the BA4r got a little more bass. 

Correct me if I'm wrong Phil, but reading the new impressions of the BA4r, it seems they have a bit more bass than the demo model I received a while back? 
The demo model sure had little bass, but this could also have been caused by fit issues.

Oct 27, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #3,294 of 5,310
  Yeah I think the BA4r got a little more bass. 

Correct me if I'm wrong Phil, but reading the new impressions of the BA4r, it seems they have a bit more bass than the demo model I received a while back? 
The demo model sure had little bass, but this could also have been caused by fit issues.

Yes we tweaked the R slightly to increase the bass just a little to make it sound less thin, it has changed since your demo model. Also the fit could make a difference, it only takes a slight break in seal to have a significant drop in bass, I did a test with the ear simulator, I made a 0.5mm hole in the seal and the result was zero headroom below 90hz, it was amazing to see the huge drop off from such a small break in the seal.

Oct 27, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #3,295 of 5,310
  Yes we tweaked the R slightly to increase the bass just a little to make it sound less thin, it has changed since your demo model. Also the fit could make a difference, it only takes a slight break in seal to have a significant drop in bass, I did a test with the ear simulator, I made a 0.5mm hole in the seal and the result was zero headroom below 90hz, it was amazing to see the huge drop off from such a small break in the seal.

Thanks! This clarifies a lot!
I did hear bass, but I definitely did not hear any bass below 90hz. So it might've been a seal issue.

Oct 27, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #3,296 of 5,310

etysmile.gif

With the info Phil gave us I'm going to have to recommend this:

If you like clarity above all: get the BA4r
If you like clarity, but also a good thump in your bass, and you don't mind a slight bass boost: get the BA4f.

Oct 27, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #3,297 of 5,310
Wow a lot of valued suggestion. let me digest them first.

Parallelly, Can I know an estimated lead-time since Cosmic Ears get my impression until ears are ready to ship.
I have vacation plan during this coming New Year holiday. Not sure whether it will be in time or not.

Thanks again guys

Oct 27, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #3,298 of 5,310
  Wow a lot of valued suggestion. let me digest them first.

Parallelly, Can I know an estimated lead-time since Cosmic Ears get my impression until ears are ready to ship.
I have vacation plan during this coming New Year holiday. Not sure whether it will be in time or not.

Thanks again guys

If you don't need the prefit option, they should be done well before new year. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back