Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Oct 24, 2013 at 4:52 AM Post #3,226 of 5,310

I dont think it is, Phil does and I know what he means cause with the C5 and BB on, you'll loose detail and clarity, but get warmth and bass. To me it depends on the music I'm listening too and the quality of the mp3s, but I can appreciate the C5. The DZero is more neutral, I like it as well, but you won't be able to get the extra bass.

I'm actually surprised to see people complain so quickly (like for example one week in the same stage) and there's almost no mention of all the positive things CE is doing, their customer service is exceptionally good.
I ordered 1964 V6 Stage at the end of september, only thing I heard was they received my impressions... am I worried, no. Just don't pressure these companies, they're doing a great job. Patience is a virtue

I'll definitely won't use the bass boost. But people usually find the C5 to sound very resolving. I would still like to test the D-zero though, the thing is, people from iBasso commented on the internal amp of the DX50 vs the D-zero. And they like the internal amp from the DX50 better. But when I hook up the LO of the DX50 to the O2, there's a pretty darn big improvement. I lose quite a bit on dynamics and clarity on the DX50's HO with the BA4f.

That's why I also commented on the people who kept asking what each stage meant. Just don't look at the stages honestly, it'll be there soon enough.
Cool that you ordered the V6! Have heard pretty amazing stuff about it.

Oct 24, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #3,228 of 5,310
That's why I also commented on the people who kept asking what each stage meant. Just don't look at the stages honestly, it'll be there soon enough.

Exactly. Mine BA4 did not follow all the stages of production. Moreover, sometimes they were stucked at one stage for the entire one week but within one day they went through three stages.

Oct 24, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #3,231 of 5,310
For some strange reasons I can't download from the Cosmic Ears page the insertion guide on the CIEMs with detachable cable. Is there someone who download it and can send it to me?

Doesn't exist
cool.gif

Oct 24, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #3,233 of 5,310
The CIEM Overlord!

Oct 24, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #3,234 of 5,310
I've just listened to my BA4r in work (had a chance to listen them maybe for 3 minutes as I'm very busy now in work).

My first impression is that they are linear but definitely they are not on the thin/cold/bright side of the spectrum. For me they are very dynamic with good depth.

Bass is very quick, dynamic with powerful punch; what's more important bass is not thin at all; I would rather say that there is a good amount of power and depth in bass. Maybe I'm the opposite of a basshead.

At this stage I can't say more about the midrange and highs and other essential aspects of their sound. However, there is one thing which surprised me the most - they are not bright, I'm not saying that they are dark but definitely they are not bright in the Etymotic ER4s' sense.

Oct 24, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #3,235 of 5,310
I've just listened to my BA4r in work (had a chance to listen them maybe for 3 minutes as I'm very busy now in work).

My first impression is that they are linear but definitely they are not on the thin/cold/bright side of the spectrum. For me they are very dynamic with good depth.

Bass is very quick, dynamic with powerful punch; what's more important bass is not thin at all; I would rather say that there is a good amount of power and depth in bass. Maybe I'm the opposite of a basshead.

At this stage I can't say more about the midrange and highs and other essential aspects of their sound. However, there is one thing which surprised me the most - they are not bright, I'm not saying that they are dark but definitely they are not bright in the Etymotic ER4s' sense.

That's really nice. I guess Phil changed the bass of the BA4r, or I just had a bad seal with the BA4r demo model. 
I do find myself tuning down the midbass still in EQ. Especially in metal, or progressive rock, the BA4f just has too much midbass. Now, I do have to mention that my dac is slightly warm sounding, then again, the O2 is slightly cold sounding to some folks.

Oct 24, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #3,236 of 5,310
I'm the exact opposite. For rock and metal I want more bass in the BAF4, that's when I use the C5. My source is the Cypherlabs CLAS solo or the Theorem

Oct 24, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #3,237 of 5,310
  I'm the exact opposite. For rock and metal I want more bass in the BAF4, that's when I use the C5. My source is the Cypherlabs CLAS solo or the Theorem

Obviously there are many different types of music in the rock and metal genre. But especially in songs that have very saturated lower regions, with low tuned guitars and  bass guitars, I find the midbass just too much. These are songs that are very saturated by default. In songs that have more space, any regular pop/rock song, the midbass is very pleasing. 

Saturated songs like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-27AHfaVn6M

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #3,239 of 5,310
Sorry been busy with work.
I contacted Phil last night HK time via email and he was like real time replies! Anyway Phil was extremely sorry, and offered me 3 options which I have accepted one.
Mistakes do happen and I'm generally happier now.

I have no problems with Cosmic, let the honeymoon period commence.

Cheers all.

Oct 24, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #3,240 of 5,310
I love CE. I originally wanted to get my custom TF10s reshelled in the US but dealing with Phil is really no hassle and their quality and service is top notch. I'm going to consider my options but I'm leaning towards CE when the time comes. My only problem is that I think CE can't do custom artwork yet or that was the case a few months ago but perhaps things have changed since I see some of you guys now have initials engraved on the inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back