Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Aug 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #2,521 of 5,310
Hi

Well got the ma's back today and they seem to fit fine now (!) :)  Only briefly tried them but fit seems ok.  The cables changed from westone style to klipsch like ones due to the strain relief issue.  So I think I'm going to draw a line under this for now, for Phil's sanity as much as my own!  Would I like to try out the multi ba's and such?  Well yes, but not if it's going to be this much hassle for me each time.  So I'm going to quit whilst I'm ahead.  With these and the mi's I had from minerva I should be set for a while (I give it a week before boredom at work starts me thinking "hmm") anyway.

If anyone is on the fence about Cosmic, go ahead you will be in very safe hands.

Oh and I got the snazzy black case with purple lining.

Cheers

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #2,522 of 5,310
Quote:
Hi

Well got the ma's back today and they seem to fit fine now (!) :)  Only briefly tried them but fit seems ok.  The cables changed from westone style to klipsch like ones due to the strain relief issue.  So I think I'm going to draw a line under this for now, for Phil's sanity as much as my own!  Would I like to try out the multi ba's and such?  Well yes, but not if it's going to be this much hassle for me each time.  So I'm going to quit whilst I'm ahead.  With these and the mi's I had from minerva I should be set for a while (I give it a week before boredom at work starts me thinking "hmm") anyway.

If anyone is on the fence about Cosmic, go ahead you will be in very safe hands.

Oh and I got the snazzy black case with purple lining.

Cheers

Pics of your monitors!

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #2,523 of 5,310
Will be done over the weekend I'll even post a pic of the case, though if you page back you can see the shells with a sansa clip plus and the old cord.  Been trying them again and fit seems spot on.  More testing tomorrow at work.  Just bummed that my ears were too small for the dual driver.

Cheers

Aug 8, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #2,524 of 5,310
Quote:
Will be done over the weekend I'll even post a pic of the case, though if you page back you can see the shells with a sansa clip plus and the old cord.  Been trying them again and fit seems spot on.  More testing tomorrow at work.  Just bummed that my ears were too small for the dual driver.

Cheers

How big are the drivers for the dual driver? My cousin has pretty small ears and when I got tf10s reshelled for her, I was concerned all the drivers wouldn't fit but it ended up fitting perfectly, tight but just enough room.
See. Blue ones are my cousin's.

Aug 8, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #2,526 of 5,310
Quote:

Cheers

I'm glad they finally fit! However, how incredibly small are your ears! I thought my ears were small, but they should be able to fit 4 drivers in it.
They started working on my BA4s today/tonight. After asking if my tiny ears weren't too troublesome, Phil replied: 'your tiny ears are making them a nightmare to do' which I think is a fairly hilarious response. I do have to mention that they were still working on it at 10 pm, so they must've gotten pretty frustrated. But it might open up windows for other users with tiny ears?

Aug 9, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #2,528 of 5,310
I'm glad they finally fit! However, how incredibly small are your ears! I thought my ears were small, but they should be able to fit 4 drivers in it.
They started working on my BA4s today/tonight. After asking if my tiny ears weren't too troublesome, Phil replied: 'your tiny ears are making them a nightmare to do
' which I think is a fairly hilarious response. I do have to mention that they were still working on it at 10 pm, so they must've gotten pretty frustrated. But it might open up windows for other users with tiny ears?

You and Phil actually made me laugh :D

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #2,530 of 5,310
That's an electric fast craftsmanship. I like his work and how determined he is.

I remember Frogbeats were keeping their customers several months. Spiral Ear had a similar problem once I guess, overwhelmed by the orders but my experience with them is as fast as yours. So far, we are both happy I guess.

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #2,531 of 5,310
Quote:
Wow, my BA4s are already being finished. That within 24 hours of receiving my shells!
To think that some cIEM brands actually take over half a year to produce a single set of cIEMs, makes me respect Phil and cosmic ears even more.

Can't wait to get your impressions on them! I hope my impressions arrive at cosmic soon. :frowning2:

Quote:
Are the clear ones from Cosmic Ears?

No, neither are from cosmic. I was just trying to show how small the blue ones were.

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #2,532 of 5,310
Quote:
Can't wait to get your impressions on them! I hope my impressions arrive at cosmic soon. :frowning2:

Where are you sending your impressions from? I'll be sure to give you a detailed impression of the BA4s. You'll probably want me to shut up about them :p
After reading the review on innerfidelity again, I'm really glad I picked the fun version.

Aug 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #2,533 of 5,310
Quote:
I haven't heard any of them, but I'd say so yeah! What kind of sound signature do you like? If you like a lot of bass, it's probably better to wait for the BA3.

I generally like a bit darker sound signature with slightly emphasized bass for electro/dubstep but that also has rich, deep mids for listening to stuff like metal and rock.  None of my phones right now have quite that combination.

Aug 9, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #2,535 of 5,310
Quote:
HY3 can be good for you, that dynamic driver would give what you need.

+1 to that.

I have just obtained Fiio's X3 DAP, and combined with the HY3 is an excellent combination. Good, deep, extended bass and a slightly warm sound overall. Clarity of this combination and sound quality are also excellent. 

The HY3 is relatively neutral sounding in its natural state, but can easily be adjusted to suit the sound you prefer with a bit of EQ, without ruining the overall sound, which is not something you can say of all CIEM's. That dynamic driver for the bass also allows it to extend deeply when required for dubstep or similar bass heavy genres, which is something many purely BA based IEM's struggle with - Hybrid's ftw!! 
cool.gif
 It's good for rock and metal too. If I had one criticism of it, and it's a small one, is that it has a slight rolloff on the top end of the treble. This will be of absolutely no relevance to many people (myself included), because sparkly/bright treble responses can be fatiguing to listen to.

The HY3 also scales well with decent kit. Plug the HY3 into better DAP's or DAC/Amp's and it will improve. All in all, it is my favourite IEM,  whatever I have it attached to. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back