Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Aug 6, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #2,491 of 5,310
Quote:
I would love to try Phil's remote cable. I know he wasn't happy with them and went back to the drawing board, but I'm sure they would work just fine, just not up to his high standards 
cool.gif

Apparantly they had a fair few returns due to the fact they kept breaking, which is why they discontinued it.

In other news my ma's have left sweden so could get them tomorrow or thursday (god knows I need something to cheer me up this week :) ).

Aug 6, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #2,492 of 5,310
After a few months of waiting, I finally made perfect impressions and sent them off to cosmic for BA4F! Does anyone know what type of pin the cosmic cables use? I'm hoping they will fit the UE pre 2010 cables cause I like buying those. I would have liked to maybe ask Phil if he can make the current ue cable work with my BA4 because UE has a cable with ipod controls/mic but then I figured it's not really a big deal for me.

Aug 6, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #2,493 of 5,310
Quote:
After a few months of waiting, I finally made perfect impressions and sent them off to cosmic for BA4F! Does anyone know what type of pin the cosmic cables use? I'm hoping they will fit the UE pre 2010 cables cause I like buying those. I would have liked to maybe ask Phil if he can make the current ue cable work with my BA4 because UE has a cable with ipod controls/mic but then I figured it's not really a big deal for me.

They use the westone connectors apparently. Did you make more than one impression?

Quote:
Apparantly they had a fair few returns due to the fact they kept breaking, which is why they discontinued it.

In other news my ma's have left sweden so could get them tomorrow or thursday (god knows I need something to cheer me up this week :) ).

I'm really curious how they look etc, and what was wrong with them exactly. I hope everything is well, otherwise good luck!

Aug 6, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #2,494 of 5,310

The new UE cable with remote/mic will work, you just need to cut off the sleeve around the pins, which essentially turns it into a Westone cable.

Aug 6, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #2,495 of 5,310
Quote:
I would love to try Phil's remote cable. I know he wasn't happy with them and went back to the drawing board, but I'm sure they would work just fine, just not up to his high standards 
cool.gif

So with what dap would you use your ciems? And what model ciem do you have? I don't think the BA4 would be able to shine on an iphone :0

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #2,496 of 5,310
So with what dap would you use your ciems? And what model ciem do you have? I don't think the BA4 would be able to shine on an iphone :0

Yeah it's an iPhone 4. Not quite audiophile quality but it's the best sound of all iPods and popular smartphones. I'm not quite as picky about sound while on the go, and for sit-down listening I have a desktop amp. I have an HY3 on order.  
I'm looking for a good dock with remote though. The Apple dock sucks - it's noisy when I turn up the gain, which I don't get with other sources or even the headphone jack.

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #2,497 of 5,310
Quote:
They use the westone connectors apparently. Did you make more than one impression?

Oh, then the pre 2010 ue cables should work too. I actually made two sets, I was going to send my impressions last month but then now that I finally decided to send them, I looked at the impressions and wasn't satisfied with them so I just made new ones yesterday.

Quote:

The new UE cable with remote/mic will work, you just need to cut off the sleeve around the pins, which essentially turns it into a Westone cable.

Hm, I guess since I have a spare of that cable I can butcher that and see how it is before I purchase the ue cable.

Aug 6, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #2,498 of 5,310
Quote:

I'm really curious how they look etc, and what was wrong with them exactly. I hope everything is well, otherwise good luck!

If you page back through this thread I posted them with a sansa clip plus.  The problem was the left cable went (weight of the strain relief, the irony is the position of the strain relief on the right prevented fitting!) so I had no sound in that ear piece.  Phils changed the type of wire as that was the main issue.  Fit should (ha!) be ok as it fitted fine before.  I just asked for the right side to be built up a tad as though it fit, it wasn't as snug as it should have been.

Will post pics when they get here.

Aug 6, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #2,499 of 5,310
Well I don't think I'll sell them! They would simply get too expensive. I'd have to buy the actual cable, and looks like I'd have to order them from plussounds from the us. Then after paying a lot of import taxes and shipping fees I would have to braid them or get them braided. Then I would need to buy the westone connectors from Asia somewhere, which would be pretty expensive too. So unless I can buy some good 2,3 channel cables, and buy the westone connectors in bulk somewhere inside the EU, it would just get too expensive.

The aftermarket cables from cosmic ears are €15 which is very, very cheap. I wouldn't mind putting a switch in it for a couple of bucks, and send it back to the user though!
Hmmm now that sounds like a handy investment let me know if in the future your still willing.

Aug 6, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #2,500 of 5,310
Does anyone know how competent my LG Optimus G holds up as a DAP? Persobally I like it but want to know if someone can offer a comparison of it versus something else. Also has anyone used the samsung galaxy note II

Aug 6, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #2,501 of 5,310
Quote:
Does anyone know how competent my LG Optimus G holds up as a DAP? Persobally I like it but want to know if someone can offer a comparison of it versus something else. Also has anyone used the samsung galaxy note II

Noob here but here's my take.

I believe most phone are on the average side since the phone usually uses the minimal limit of the DAP. (as in the cheapest option for the company to mass produce.)
If you truly want a good one, you will have to get the more dedicated ones like Fiio X3(sorry for the more expensive example as I also have little ideas on the full selection lists.)

But that is only if you can hear the difference.
From articles and stuff, the difference between 16 bit and 24 bit is not obvious therefore not much people can hear the difference.
Plus from average phone DAP to dedicated ones, there will be more difference but however, there are also possibility that the music might change slightly like becoming more warmer or neutral.
So you have to try it before you know.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks. 
Still learning.

On a side note, how long does the enabling of the CE shop take?

Aug 7, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #2,502 of 5,310
Quote:

If you want smartphone with a better sound quality than normal smartphones:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sound-smartphone-meizu-mx-4-core

If you ask me, I would use a real DAP to pair with my gear not smartphone.

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #2,504 of 5,310
Quote:
I have to agree however, remote control enabled would be pretty awesome.

The thing is, I don't need it, therefore I don't want it. I prefer without extra things like that and get pure music/sound quality. Well, for the people who needs it, there are a few solutions, not best though, so that's why people like you still has to improve some things
happy_face1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back