Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Jun 20, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #2,177 of 5,310
So, on Saturday I took a trip to London to see the David Bowie exhibition at the Victoria & Albert museum.  It was awesome by the way!

This would be the first time I'd be trying out my BA2s on a plane so it was going to be interesting to see how they performed.  Once Biggles had turned off the seat belt sign it was time to fire these bad boys up!  Some deep house was the choice of tuneage here. As always....(bass head alert)

Well, as you can expect, they performed SUPERBLY!!  Couldn't hear the outside noise at all.  I was only planning in having them in for about 10 minutes but I ended up wearing them for the whole flight!

Next up, it was onto the London underground/train.  Now, the only way I can describe this is, if you've never been on one is, If you've ever been on a very old rickety roller coaster that was built in the mid twenties then this gives you some idea of what it's like being on the London underground. Bone rattling and very noisy!  Again, the BA2s performed FANTASTICALLY!!! I had my doubts about them because as I said, the underground was VERY noisy but trust me, they were up to the task!  Well happy!

On a side note.  I've had these for a few months now and I'm noticing that the fit seems to be better.  Maybe I'm just getting used to them, I don't know. But does that happen?  Anyway, I'm not complaining. And, the sound seems to be a lot fuller too...loving this! 

So, from me, again, it's a massive thumbs up to Cosmic Ears! 
beerchug.gif

Jun 20, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #2,178 of 5,310
Quote:
So, on Saturday I took a trip to London to see the David Bowie exhibition at the Victoria & Albert museum.  It was awesome by the way!

This would be the first time I'd be trying out my BA2s on a plane so it was going to be interesting to see how they performed.  Once Biggles had turned off the seat belt sign it was time to fire these bad boys up!  Some deep house was the choice of tuneage here. As always....(bass head alert)

Well, as you can expect, they performed SUPERBLY!!  Couldn't hear the outside noise at all.  I was only planning in having them in for about 10 minutes but I ended up wearing them for the whole flight!

Next up, it was onto the London underground/train.  Now, the only way I can describe this is, if you've never been on one is, If you've ever been on a very old rickety roller coaster that was built in the mid twenties then this gives you some idea of what it's like being on the London underground. Bone rattling and very noisy!  Again, the BA2s performed FANTASTICALLY!!! I had my doubts about them because as I said, the underground was VERY noisy but trust me, they were up to the task!  Well happy!

On a side note.  I've had these for a few months now and I'm noticing that the fit seems to be better.  Maybe I'm just getting used to them, I don't know. But does that happen?  Anyway, I'm not complaining. And, the sound seems to be a lot fuller too...loving this! 

So, from me, again, it's a massive thumbs up to Cosmic Ears! 
beerchug.gif

Very nice impressions mate. Thanks for sharing 
wink.gif

Jun 20, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #2,180 of 5,310
I wonder how CIEMs fare against the noise in the Helsinki underground. There isn't much rattling or such, it's mostly just low frequency humming.

This should give you the idea:

Yeah, our underground trains are bright orange, inside and outside
biggrin.gif

Jun 20, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #2,181 of 5,310
Quote:
I wonder how CIEMs fare against the noise in the Helsinki underground. There isn't much rattling or such, it's mostly just low frequency humming.

biggrin.gif

Trust me, that's nothing compared to the London underground! 
wink_face.gif

Jun 20, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #2,182 of 5,310
Well my tf10s/ma 1's have been delivered. 1 day using tnt! Now just the afternoon at work to get through! 4:30 can't come quick enough...

Jun 20, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #2,185 of 5,310
Quote:
Pull a sickie!  You've got to! 
tongue.gif

Quote:
Yeah he has a right to do it 
biggrin.gif

I appreciate the sentiment, but got to watch it a bit with sickies at work.  For the first time in a 16 year career (ouch) I actually hit the trigger point (meetings etc) of 12 sick days over the year last year!  To put in perspective the previous year I had one day off sick, so they were obviously curious about the jump!

Anyway made it through.

Not really had time to have a good play, but the ma 1's at least seem to have a good fit whilst I have reservations (with reason) about the tf10.

More (much later) I have no doubt...

Cheers

Jun 20, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #2,186 of 5,310
Quote:

biggrin.gif

That's the problem, closed headphones don't really isolate at all below 800hz. Basically any IEM will help so much with the metro sounds. Let alone a CIEM, it's complete overkill imo :p

Jun 21, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #2,188 of 5,310

Yeah, our underground trains are bright orange, inside and outside :D

Etymotics can remove that kind on noise, though it takes some serious insertion. This is the reason that I'm going for ciems, isolation and comfort.

Jun 21, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #2,189 of 5,310
Quote:
Etymotics can remove that kind on noise, though it takes some serious insertion. This is the reason that I'm going for ciems, isolation and comfort.

I tried my broken Shure SCL-3/E3c and they isolated the noise very well. My IE80s on the other hand can't really handle that much noise and a lot of it leaks in even
if music is playing. I'm pretty sure I can't get an universal earphone with similar isolation, sound quality and price as the Cosmic Ears' CIEMs.

Jun 21, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #2,190 of 5,310
Quote:
My new BA4 just finished today, so hopefully arriving in the next week or so. I'll compare it to the original model with the lighter bass and see how it does. If it keeps the same precision but adds more body, it could be a massive win at the price.

I'd really like to hear your impressions on them! I'm about to close a deal on my Hifiman HE-400s, so I'll have enough funds to order them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back