Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Jun 22, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #2,192 of 5,310
Quote:

Just traded the HE-400 for this.

Guess what will be coming your way cosmic ears :wink:

Weird, looks like somebody spilled various flavors of juice on your money. You should get that cleaned up before it stains. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 22, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #2,194 of 5,310
Quote:
Not sure if making fun of euros or making fun of my iphone's imaging capabilities :p

Do you have any idea when your BA4fs could arrive?

Making fun of Euros in general. Sorry - in my experience all money should be a terrible yellowish tone with nasty green ink. And don't forget the pictures of old dead guys.

My new BA4 should hopefully arrive next week. Tracking shows it leaving Sweden and no updates since then, which is pretty normal. 

Jun 22, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #2,195 of 5,310
Quote:

Making fun of Euros in general. Sorry - in my experience all money should be a terrible yellowish tone with nasty green ink. And don't forget the pictures of old dead guys.

My new BA4 should hopefully arrive next week. Tracking shows it leaving Sweden and no updates since then, which is pretty normal. 

So I guess you're from the usa?
Honestly I hate cash, I'd much rather have it in my bank. I hate these kind of transactions where people come to my house to buy stuff. It's so risky for the seller but it's less risky for the buyer I guess.

How much time did it cost for cosmicears to fabricate the ciems after recieving your impressions? Like if it's longer than a month paying for a rush order would be worth it for me!

Jun 22, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #2,196 of 5,310
Quote:
Honestly I hate cash, I'd much rather have it in my bank. I hate these kind of transactions where people come to my house to buy stuff.

Kind of scary for someone to show up at your house to buy something, I don't do meet ups anymore but I always did them at crowded public places. Never know what could happen if someone knew where you lived.

@Project, can't wait to get your impressions on the BA4F!

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #2,197 of 5,310
Quote:
Kind of scary for someone to show up at your house to buy something, I don't do meet ups anymore but I always did them at crowded public places. Never know what could happen if someone knew where you lived.

@Project, can't wait to get your impressions on the BA4F!

Very true, however, these are always people that know a lot about the products i'm selling. Even about the available modifications etc. I'm not selling anything above €300 so I don't think I would attract scammers that fast. Also, I always meet up during the day, and my girlfriend is in the house with me. 
So that eliminates most of the risk. But it's still risky, and I don't really like it.

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #2,198 of 5,310
I've done meetups before always at a public place, I'd never let someone in my house..you never know in this economy.

Jun 22, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #2,199 of 5,310
Quote:
I've done meetups before always at a public place, I'd never let someone in my house..you never know in this economy.

I think people in the Netherlands trust eachother a bit more. Obviously **** happens everywhere, but stuff isn't that bad as it is in most other countries. Our economy is still doing ok compared to other countries I believe.

Jun 22, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #2,200 of 5,310
Quote:

How much time did it cost for cosmicears to fabricate the ciems after recieving your impressions? Like if it's longer than a month paying for a rush order would be worth it for me!

Depends, as I've got a few different things from them that were done at different times. You'd have to ask Phil for any sort of accurate estimate these days. Sorry!

Jun 22, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #2,201 of 5,310
Quote:

Depends, as I've got a few different things from them that were done at different times. You'd have to ask Phil for any sort of accurate estimate these days. Sorry!

No worries, I have to contact him to ask him if my ears are even suitable for ciems. Nothing can go passed the second bend in ear canal. The opening is insanely small.

Jun 23, 2013 at 6:34 AM Post #2,202 of 5,310
Quote:
No worries, I have to contact him to ask him if my ears are even suitable for ciems. Nothing can go passed the second bend in ear canal. The opening is insanely small.

Keep reading, my friend.  Failing that the prefit service on the site is right up your street.

Ok on a related note I am sure that most of you are aware of my circumstances by now.  8 months with Cosmic batting ideas back and forth, never quite working.  Until now.  I am happy enough to say that we have at last found the reason why my right ear has given so much irritation.  Basically it was a combination of things (aren't they always).  Ranging from socket placement (swopping out the thicker style old plug to a slimmer new one helped) to how I insert the thing in the first place.  For whatever reason my right ear has something of a flap near the entrance and we think it was this that was obscuring the fit.  If I pulled the ear up as in the normal manner it just pulled the flap up with it and when settling the ear back in place it was this flap (it's not very big but big enough)that was stopping it sealing.  Out of desperation I started playing about with where to grab the ear.  I now have it worked out, though it could still use refinement I think.  Basically I rotate the iem forward so the top of it and the back line up, pull the part of the ear back and up instead of up and then rotate in.  Seems to work every time.  For a laugh I tried it on the first shell they sent me and it works well on that one as well, doh!

So it's all sunshine and roses at last?  Sadly not.  I also got a pair of ma1's and they fit fine, isolations very good (better than the tf10 in fact) but the cable on the left is dieing.  Sorting that out with CE atm.

I've said this many many many times, but I think I am living proof that Phil and the guys at CE are determined to solve any problems that you may have.  If they can get my right ear to fit then I don't think many of you will have the same problems.  If anything good has come out of this then it's the introduction of the prefit service that was created from this situation as standard.  Phil has told me he's got several ideas to improve the company and I look forward to seeing how they go from here.

I wish Phil and the team at CE all the very best and hope that they make waves in the ciem community, they certainly deserve it.

Cheers

Jun 23, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #2,203 of 5,310
Quote:
Keep reading, my friend.  Failing that the prefit service on the site is right up your street.

Ok on a related note I am sure that most of you are aware of my circumstances by now.  8 months with Cosmic batting ideas back and forth, never quite working.  Until now.  I am happy enough to say that we have at last found the reason why my right ear has given so much irritation.  Basically it was a combination of things (aren't they always).  Ranging from socket placement (swopping out the thicker style old plug to a slimmer new one helped) to how I insert the thing in the first place.  For whatever reason my right ear has something of a flap near the entrance and we think it was this that was obscuring the fit.  If I pulled the ear up as in the normal manner it just pulled the flap up with it and when settling the ear back in place it was this flap (it's not very big but big enough)that was stopping it sealing.  Out of desperation I started playing about with where to grab the ear.  I now have it worked out, though it could still use refinement I think.  Basically I rotate the iem forward so the top of it and the back line up, pull the part of the ear back and up instead of up and then rotate in.  Seems to work every time.  For a laugh I tried it on the first shell they sent me and it works well on that one as well, doh!

So it's all sunshine and roses at last?  Sadly not.  I also got a pair of ma1's and they fit fine, isolations very good (better than the tf10 in fact) but the cable on the left is dieing.  Sorting that out with CE atm.

I've said this many many many times, but I think I am living proof that Phil and the guys at CE are determined to solve any problems that you may have.  If they can get my right ear to fit then I don't think many of you will have the same problems.  If anything good has come out of this then it's the introduction of the prefit service that was created from this situation as standard.  Phil has told me he's got several ideas to improve the company and I look forward to seeing how they go from here.

I wish Phil and the team at CE all the very best and hope that they make waves in the ciem community, they certainly deserve it.

Cheers

Oh my gosh, that prefit service is so good! The customer service, right in my feels!
I actually have some home-made molds, and I just ook pictures of them with a ruler next to it. If they give the green light on them, I think I'll just order them immediately.

Jun 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #2,204 of 5,310

So these are the molds I made. You can see clearly that the mold could not go passed the second bend of my ear canal. There is absolutely no way of getting anything in there, not even a Q-tip, not even when I lift my ear. I'm pretty sure this will affect the ciems isolating capabilities, but I don't mind that at all really. I just want to know if this has ever been done?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back