Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Jun 18, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #2,161 of 5,310
Gah, quite annoyed. I was speaking to Phil at Cosmic Ears yesterday and he was going to get my order for a set of BA2s put through this week after I'd checked the prices for impressions. Nowhere in my immediate area does them for less than £70! This is one of the times I regret not being able to drive.

Back me up guys, that's a ridiculous price right? I'm sure it only cost about £30-£40 when I have my Minerva Mi-3s fitted last year.

I'd say it's a ridiculous price. In Holland it was €24,00 in a hearingaid shop. I took the prefit service and they fit well (after one small adjustment), so I think hearing aid shops can do an okay job for a fair price.

Jun 18, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #2,163 of 5,310
No he's online as usual, probably very busy as he's working on a lot of orders.
smile.gif

He suggests to contact him on Skype if you need him urgently as he has a lot of emails to go through: "cosmicears" for Skype that is.

Jun 18, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #2,165 of 5,310
Had a thought earlier, could have paid tribute further to the tf10 by having UE in white on the left iem and CE on the right.  Oh and here's another (2 of 2) that didn't get put up on facebook, it's the reverse shot :-

It's worth repeating that if anyone has any ideas like that then give Phil a shout about it as he's more than willing to work with the customer towards the finished product.

Cheers

Jun 19, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #2,167 of 5,310
As the options explaination is not available on the website. Perhaps can explain few ones for me ?

Clear Canals : What does it mean ?
Faceplate designs : Can you explain ou show pictures of the 5 choices ?
Faceplate Logo : Is it possible to have custom artwork ?
Recessed Sockets : What is it ?
Extra Cable: Is the stock cable with or without in memory wire ?
Keep Impressions : What does it mean ?

Thanks

Jun 19, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #2,170 of 5,310
Quote:
As the options explaination is not available on the website. Perhaps can explain few ones for me ?

Clear Canals : What does it mean ?
Faceplate designs : Can you explain ou show pictures of the 5 choices ?
Faceplate Logo : Is it possible to have custom artwork ?
Recessed Sockets : What is it ?
Extra Cable: Is the stock cable with or without in memory wire ?
Keep Impressions : What does it mean ?

Thanks

Dude, try to search a little bit and improve yourself they are basic English things, you should understand what you read.

Clear canals, the canal parts of the ciems will be transparent, colorless, clear. So you can see better and clean the wax better for example.
Faceplate designs and logo, shoot an email to Phil since he owns the business not we.
Recessed sockets: http://www.head-fi.org/t/546734/recessed-sockets-vs-non-recessed-sockets Basicly, recessed sockets are more secure but if you want to go for aftermarket cable, you have to pay attention for the sockets. Recessed ones are easier to use and more durable generally since breaking the pins is rather difficult in that state. They go deeper.
Extra cable, it is up to you. If you want without memory wire, he will add without memory wire. I really don't get it how can you not understand it.
Keep impressions: He will keep your impressions in his lab. Let's say 6 months later you will order another ciem, you don't have to send new impressions he will use the ones he kept for you. Beware, in long term impressions might change slightly. In that case you may need refit.

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #2,172 of 5,310
Quote:
Thank you very much for all the explaination.

I did ask you because I shot several email to Phil about options and never had answer about it.

Anyway thanks again.

Yeah he is overwhelmed with questions, indeed his prices are nice. However he couldn't just settle his business as the way he actually wants I guess. Cables had problems and all. I am not even sure he is taking orders now, I am patiently waiting until he is 100% in business. However some chaps are getting their ciems done and they seem very happy about their products. I suggest you to be a relax and patience, Phil is a great guy and doesn't leave a job until he is completely satisfied about it. At the end, we customers win with our nice products 
wink.gif

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #2,173 of 5,310
He is taking orders and sending out ciems each day you know, it's "safe" to order now. My BA4 is in the back of the line as I already have the HY2 and I don't mind him serving new customers first.

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #2,174 of 5,310
Again I think it's worth repeating that I've been at this for 8 months, so I started the whole process before the cable shortages begin.  Phil had set them aside for me for when we got the fit right.  Of course I don't think he or I ever envisaged that it would take quite this long!  Apparantly I might be getting mine tomorrow or possibly friday.  Can't tell as the tracking number STILL hasn't been activated!

Jun 19, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #2,175 of 5,310
I don't check head-fi a lot these days, have been away a couple of weeks. But this thread is still very interesting to me. 
I'm still interested in the BA4s, has anyone tried the new ones? So these are the ones with slightly more bass. 
I'm still very satisfied with the BA200s but since I'll probably be selling my hifimans I can buy something new, because you know, I'm worth it.
What I hope to improve from the BA200s is better treble response, a bit cleaner and further extending. I also dislike sharp sibilance, would you think the new BA4 is something for me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back