Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Jun 7, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #2,102 of 5,310
Hi

This get's better regarding swedish post (oh and hope you all had a happy swedish day!).

Being slightly concerned I sent Phil an email asking whether they had recieved it in light of the delivery of failed delivery.  Had the automated email response about being closed till monday which was fair enough.  Had an email from Phil about half an hour later (he was at a bbq!)  and happened to see my message on the ipad.   Apparantly his wife was in the office and signed for it on the wednesday it arrived and is now in the office nice and safe.  They were both a bit puzzled as to why the site had been updated to say failed delivery!

Cheers

Jun 8, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #2,104 of 5,310
I really hope these are worth the wait! I ordered back in Feb and thought it'd take about a month since I was just going with the old models... Now nearly 4 months later I still don't have them and haven't heard anything for a few weeks about progress or shipping. Even although I know a large part of the delay is due to the issue with the cables, if I had known beforehand that it was going to take this long I think I would have went elsewhere!

Fingers crossed they finally arrive before a load of flights I have coming up at the end of the month...

Jun 9, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #2,105 of 5,310
Quote:
I really hope these are worth the wait! I ordered back in Feb and thought it'd take about a month since I was just going with the old models... Now nearly 4 months later I still don't have them and haven't heard anything for a few weeks about progress or shipping. Even although I know a large part of the delay is due to the issue with the cables, if I had known beforehand that it was going to take this long I think I would have went elsewhere!

Fingers crossed they finally arrive before a load of flights I have coming up at the end of the month...

Hi

If by "these" you mean the ba4 then they were always going to be around this time due to the fact that the drivers are so new on the market.  I believe that they were scheduled to be in for end of april beginning of may.  Couple that with the cable situation and you can see the delay.  If it's any other model then you might be better off shooting phil an email describing the situation and see what you can do to expedite things a bit.

EIther way much respect for your patience!  Even with my fit problems at least I've been getting stuff through.

Cheers

Jun 9, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #2,106 of 5,310

I feel your pain. I'm in the exact same position as you and likewise not sure I would have gone for them knowing the wait would be this long.

Jun 9, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #2,107 of 5,310
Quote:
BA4R - incredible neutral, a pure reference monitor."

Sorry if I've missed the information (I've read the thread as it was evolving, but I'm now 25% informed and 75% confused), but has anyone on Head-Fi already reviewed or ordered that model, under this name or its previous one?

Jun 9, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #2,108 of 5,310
Quote:
  Sorry if I've missed the information (I've read the thread as it was evolving, but I'm now 25% informed and 75% confused), but has anyone on Head-Fi already reviewed or ordered that model, under this name or its previous one?

Think it's the BA4 that project86 reviewed for InnerFidelity in their big multi-review. The new BA4 is actually a revision, while the BA4R is the old BA4... LOL

Jun 9, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #2,109 of 5,310
Ok. I really don't want to lose the bass impact of my tf10s, but I'm still looking for a bit more definition in the mids and low end. Am I better off going with the BA4F or the BA5? anyone with any experience with higher end customs I would love your feedback

Jun 10, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #2,113 of 5,310
Hey everyone!

I'm new to this forum but I've been following this thread for a few months.

Now I've finally decided to get my first pair of CIEMs and Cosmic Ears appears to be the only company that sells them at an affordable price. 

I havent got any response from CE so far but I thought it would be a good idea to get my ear-impressions in advance to speed up the whole process since I'm kind of impatient :wink:

So today I had a talk with an audiologist (highly known company in Austria called Neuroth), and he told me that the impressions would shrink after one week to a point where one

cannot produce perfectly fitting ciems anymore. ( He uses a two component silicone material)

This surprised me a lot since I've read posts where people stated highly different time frames for impressions, ranging form 1 month to two years: http://www.head-fi.org/t/171310/will-my-custom-iem-mold-impressions-shrink-over-time

Does anyone of you guys have experiences with how long ear impressions are feasible to work with? If its really only one week this would make things a lot more complicated (and expensive: express mail service) than I thought.

cheers, Bratin

Jun 10, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #2,114 of 5,310
Hey everyone!

Now I've finally decided to get my first pair of CIEMs and Cosmic Ears appears to be the only company that sells them at an affordable price. 

I havent got any response from CE so far but I thought it would be a good idea to get my ear-impressions in advance to speed up the whole process since I'm kind of impatient :wink:

So today I had a talk with an audiologist (highly known company in Austria called Neuroth), and he told me that the impressions would shrink after one week to a point where one

cannot produce perfectly fitting ciems anymore. ( He uses a two component silicone material)

This surprised me a lot since I've read posts where people stated highly different time frames for impressions, ranging form 1 month to two years: http://www.head-fi.org/t/171310/will-my-custom-iem-mold-impressions-shrink-over-time

Does anyone of you guys have experiences with how long ear impressions are feasible to work with? If its really only one week this would make things a lot more complicated (and expensive: express mail service) than I thought.

cheers, Bratin

Yeah there are different types of materials they can use for impressions, some shrink a lot faster than others. Maybe ask another audiologist and see what kind they use lol. And FYI Phil makes the empty shells as soon as he receives the impressions, so it's not like your impressions will be sitting there shrinking while we wait for cables to be in stock.

Jun 10, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #2,115 of 5,310
Quote:
Hey everyone!

cheers, Bratin

I hate to argue with professionals, but he is wrong. That doesn't line up with anything I've ever been told by other Audiologists or hearing professionals. And regardless, in the end it does work - the evidence being many of us who have successfully gone through the process and received an excellent fitting custom IEM. 

Maybe there is an older style of impression material which is more prone to shrinking. And maybe that's what he is still using. Aside from that I have no explanation as to why he would say that. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back