Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
May 21, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #2,058 of 5,310
Hi,

I'm looking for a CIEM to replace my Klipsch X10i.

I'm thinking about BA4, BA5, BA6 or HY3.

Is any of you did use a Klipsch before going to Cosmic Ears ?

I was very disappointed by UE 900 and want to find the good CIEM.

May 21, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #2,059 of 5,310
Quote:

So, they (finally) fit well? Saint Phil's persistence paid off? That's great news! 

I was gonna say that some of my customs are really flush or even shallow looking, others protrude more, it kind of depends on the drivers and the individual build.

I wouldn't go quite THAT far :)  Apparantly Phil had done them the way he did (I'll try to post pics later!)on purpose.  He was concerned with the cable fouling the fit by being too flush with the ear and fouling the fit.  Unfortunately the socket is too far away now so I can't route the cable properly now due to the ********* memory wire.  If I take the cable off then the iem fits better than it ever has (it might need a layer of thickening, but I can't tell because of the size!).  However with the cable reattached I can't get it to fit again.  It also looks slightly odd as the right sticks further than the left (the iems, not my ears thankuverymuch!).  I'm slightly irritated on this one as if they had done it like normal then this would most likely have been it.  I'm going to be sending them back in with a failed set that I know the cables fine on and he's going to use that to reduce the size of the shells.  The ma's also need a touch of thickening on the right and we are there on that one (I wouldn't necessarily send them back for this on their own but as the tf's are going back it makes sense to!)

Cheers

May 21, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #2,060 of 5,310
Hey,

Any CE owners mind answering some questions for a newbie?

1. From when you requested the shop to be enabled, how long did it take to get the CIEMs in your hands? Any way to fast track your order? (BA2s are what I'm looking at atm)

2. For US customers, can you FX yourself and pay in Euros?

3. Do you recommend the pre-fit service for a first-time user of CIEMs?

4. Would these CIEMs be safe to run in? I would assume not.

Thanks!

May 21, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #2,061 of 5,310
Quote:
Hey,

Any CE owners mind answering some questions for a newbie?

1. From when you requested the shop to be enabled, how long did it take to get the CIEMs in your hands? Any way to fast track your order?

2. For US customers, can you FX yourself and pay in Euros?

3. Do you recommend the pre-fit service for a first-time user of CIEMs?

4. Would these CIEMs be safe to run in? I would assume not.

Thanks!

1. Depends on the model
2. FX? Just pay in Euro or $
3. Absoluteley!
4. I don't see why not, unless for the safety aspect. they isolate very well

On a side note, I'm listening to my new CE ciems right now, that's all I'll say for now.

May 21, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #2,063 of 5,310
Rush order is 40 euros - however that might not make a difference as they have no cables right now.
It's safe to run with them if it's safe not to hear what's around you. You're probably not likely to get run over by a car or mugged when you're in the gym
tongue.gif
 Wouldn't recommend it if you're crossing roads and stuff though.

May 21, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #2,064 of 5,310
I haven't received a response to even be able to put in an order for one (my shop is still disabled). It's been 2-3 days.

Considering the cable shortage, do you think I should start shopping around for audiologists right now or hold off?

May 22, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #2,066 of 5,310
Quote:
Wouldn't recommend it if you're crossing roads and stuff though.

I walk around all the time with my CIEMs, no troubles. You just have to be very careful and be very cautious of your surroundings.

May 22, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #2,068 of 5,310
Quote:
Here's a question for those of you with ce monitors.  How flush are they in your ears?  Yep got mine back today and the ma's now fit fine (I think after a brief tryout, certainly better than they did anyway!).  The TF10r's however fit (if I take the cables out, bloody memory wire needs a trim before I use it!) but do stick out a bit.  I was under the impression that the monitors are pretty much flush to your ears.  You can certainly tell I'm wearing them.  Not sure I'd be sending them back over this I just want a yard stick to judge them by.  Any shots of people wearing the ce's would be appropriate.  Aside from that though I am finally happy with the fit (oh and the colour job on it is ace (though black could be a little darker to make it stand out).  Black faceplate, and a near identical colour to the tf10 for the main shell!  I'll try to get a shot later.

Cheers

Depth of the monitors in the hollow of your ear, will be dictated by two factors. 1) how many (and indeed type of) drivers that have to be fitted into the shell and 2) how shallow your ears are. In my case, for both my HY3 and my re-shelled TF10's, both factors come into play. I have shallow ears and also the amount of hardware in the shells that has to be accommodated. This means neither of them fit flush with the hollow of my ear, but neither do they protrude excessively. With them in, I can lie on them without undue comfort, but to an observer, they would absolutely be able to see I was wearing them.

May 22, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #2,069 of 5,310
Heya guyz,
i've got my impressions done today and i'm trying to contact phil but i got no reply.
can you confirm me phil[at]cosmicears.com?

My impressions are quite good but there's a little dirt on them from inside the ear, i dunno if i ruin them removing it...
How is the cable shortage goin? Any news?

PS: if i can stretch my budget enough i will go for the BA2, otherwise BA1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back