Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Apr 23, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #1,907 of 5,310
Quote:
Another Belgian! Zeldzaam! :D

Oh mate, I am not a Belgian. I am a master student in here at VUB and already tasted your waffles, fries, beers and darn good chocolates. They all have a nice feedback to my belly though 
beerchug.gif

Apr 23, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #1,909 of 5,310
Dude, probably he is overwhelmed by the emails he received. I say, don't worry. At the end you and your ears will be happy. 
beerchug.gif

Cheer up and open a beer, preferably a Belgian one 
normal_smile%20.gif

Just had a brief acknowledgment so panic over. Phil was on travels apparantley.

Cheers

Apr 23, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #1,910 of 5,310
Dude, probably he is overwhelmed by the emails he received. I say, don't worry. At the end you and your ears will be happy. 
beerchug.gif

Cheer up and open a beer, preferably a Belgian one 
normal_smile%20.gif

Just had a brief acknowledgment so panic over. Phil was on travels apparantley.

Cheers

Apr 23, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #1,912 of 5,310
Quote:
Yes he spoke of the drivers and cables

Nice, Phil said I can send in my impressions so he can make the shell and then just stuff in everything when it's available.

Apr 24, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #1,913 of 5,310
Quote:
Got my HY3s this weekend. WOW! really worth the wait these sound amazing along with the help from Phil along the way. Now been listening to them for a few hours a day, is there any proof in this burning in period oris it just hype...They sound amazing now so it's not an issue just wondering.

I have the HY3, and speaking from personal experience with them, they are worth burning in. I don't hold much value in burning in BA's, but as this IEM contains a dynamic as well, I believe a burn in to be worthwhile. My ears have noticed a change for the better over the last number of months. The sound quality is great anyway and only improves over time.

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #1,914 of 5,310
Quote:

I have the HY3, and speaking from personal experience with them, they are worth burning in. I don't hold much value in burning in BA's, but as this IEM contains a dynamic as well, I believe a burn in to be worthwhile. My ears have noticed a change for the better over the last number of months. The sound quality is great anyway and only improves over time.

I don't think I've seen a freq.response curve for the HY3. How is the extension on the lower end? Flat/Rolled off/Elevated?

Apr 24, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #1,915 of 5,310
Ok so I'm basically ready to order my first pair of customs! (selling off me Q701 most likely to fund for it.)I basically have couple questions if anyone can help clarify for me. Basically comparisons between BA1, BA2, and HY2. 

Or even just whats the difference between BA2 and HY2 in terms of sound since they are the same price. I'm surprised they said that the HY2 has an increased soundstage? Also I've read through the whole thread but I haven't really seen a comparison between the three ciems so that would help clarify for me and hopefully others greatly! 

Last question, what is the difference between recessed sockets or not? I plan on have the cable come top and bottom of my customs since I don't know if I want over the ear or straight down so it would be worth it if it just comes to both since I can haha. 

Apr 25, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #1,916 of 5,310
Quote:
Last question, what is the difference between recessed sockets or not? I plan on have the cable come top and bottom of my customs since I don't know if I want over the ear or straight down so it would be worth it if it just comes to both since I can haha. 

About the sockets, recessed ones are more secure and durable. I would go for recessed ones. Hope this helps buddy and welcome to the club.

More information can be found in here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/546734/recessed-sockets-vs-non-recessed-sockets

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #1,918 of 5,310
Will the new (round?) terminations have the same pin size and spacing?

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #1,919 of 5,310
Quote:
Ok so I'm basically ready to order my first pair of customs! (selling off me Q701 most likely to fund for it.)I basically have couple questions if anyone can help clarify for me. Basically comparisons between BA1, BA2, and HY2. 

Or even just whats the difference between BA2 and HY2 in terms of sound since they are the same price. I'm surprised they said that the HY2 has an increased soundstage? Also I've read through the whole thread but I haven't really seen a comparison between the three ciems so that would help clarify for me and hopefully others greatly! 

Phil says the BA2 has better mids and highs than the HY2. I think the HY2 should have better bass because of the dynamic driver but don't quote me on it. BA1 is brighter than the BA2 and has less bass extension.

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #1,920 of 5,310
Quote:
I don't think I've seen a freq.response curve for the HY3. How is the extension on the lower end? Flat/Rolled off/Elevated?

The whole presentation of the HY3 is largely neutral, smooth and flattish with the exception of a slight roll off on the treble. However, bass extension is good with the dynamic driver providing it and it is able to dig deep for music that requires it, such as dubstep or other bass-heavy music genres.

It's worth noting that unless Cosmic Ears say otherwise for a particular model, their overall 'house sound' is "smooth and balanced". My experience of the HY3 though, shows it to be extremely amenable to EQ without ruining the sound, and you can take the otherwise neutral sound, and adjust it to your hearts content. This ability should not be underestimated, I have had many IEM's that the basic sound of them is totally destroyed by trying to EQ them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back