Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Dec 7, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #1,141 of 5,310
Quote:
Damn, the twin ba (always liked the westone 2 more than the 3, just a lil more bass and it would have been perfect!)or the single ba and dynamic.  Choices Choices.  Still academic atm anyway :)

The W3 seems to have loads of bass from what i have read, i would not say this does, just very capable bass that can really extend and also is boosted but not too far. As esmboss said he still really has to boost it (he must be a major bass head). But i will say that this is a very nice sounding CIEM!
Quote:
Ah, good news. Clearly suits your tastes better than the HY3XB did then 
tongue.gif

Is there another IEM you would compare the sound with ?

Yes it does, the XB really did not work for me. I mean this beautiful twin driver was covered in too much bass. Too met my preference perfectly this would need just a bit more mid but this is me really nitpicking and i thoroughly enjoy it. For what it is i may well take it on holiday with me on Tuesday!

This reminds me of a monitor sound like Westone UM2 and a but like my ACS T2 but this has a smooth top end and the ACS is very in your face and sibilant in the highs. I would say this also a slightly warmer GR07 with less sub-bass but similar mid bass and the treble toned down. Similar mid presentation though. If you though the GR07 had to much treble quantity this is smoother there but also detailed. I will compare with some more twin BAs and similar priced IEMs when i know these more.

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #1,142 of 5,310
Well a friend of mine said that the really low end bass is passed trough your skull instead of your ear canal. That's why they fully fill your ear.
Could that be true?

I might just do that. A colleague of mine is interested so that way we can save some shipping costs.

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #1,143 of 5,310
Quote:
Well a friend of mine said that the really low end bass is passed trough your skull instead of your ear canal. That's why they fully fill your ear.
Could that be true?

I might just do that. A colleague of mine is interested so that way we can save some shipping costs.

I read something similar regarding bone conduction of low frequencies but am no expert there so i can not really comment, i am sure someone on here can answer that though!

Yes i would say why nit, will offer you a bit more clarity and detail (among many other things) as well from that pure and they have you impressions on file, no brainer! What is your friend thinking of getting?

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #1,144 of 5,310
I have no clue actualy.
The best case scenario is that he wants the most cheap version. Maybe phil can place the drivers of my Pure in his ciems and I can get a whole new twin, possibly micro. I need new impressions too since the fit isn't perfect on these. Well I'll just have to wait and see what I'm going to do.

And I should forget listening to music. Received a grado a few days ago and I'm modding that. And i've just ordered a portapro. :D

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #1,145 of 5,310
Quote:
I have no clue actualy.
The best case scenario is that he wants the most cheap version. Maybe phil can place the drivers of my Pure in his ciems and I can get a whole new twin, possibly micro. I need new impressions too since the fit isn't perfect on these. Well I'll just have to wait and see what I'm going to do.

And I should forget listening to music. Received a grado a few days ago and I'm modding that. And i've just ordered a portapro. :D

Oh fair enough, Phil will be able to work something out when your ready for sure.

OOh very nice. I do like doing a bit of modding :wink:

I am currently comparing my single BA with the twin BA. The single has a lot more mid presence, especially in the high mids where it is very lush and forward. I also forgot how impressive the single is in the lows, it also has very impressive extension although not matching that of the twin. With the single i think people could want more bass the twin should not have that problem. mids can be a bit fatiguing in comparison on the single although i love them and the twin is a bit more delicate. The top end is smoother, more detailed and not as cold on the twin. Soundstage is bigger with much better imaging and width than the single. A better IEM for sure but it really shows that the twin is no slouch. They are both great!

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #1,147 of 5,310
very nice and helpfull video. 

Is the isolation of the medium better or worse that the se535?

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #1,149 of 5,310
so if i want at least a much isolation as the se535 then i will have to go for the full shell

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #1,151 of 5,310
Nice video Swimsonny, I always wondered what the different sizes would look like in one's ears. Although I would only go with full size, it's nice that Cosmic has three different sizes. Wanted to mention that full size customs are awesome, my morning NYC subway commute stands no chance against my monitors; can't hear a thing but my music!
beyersmile.png

Dec 7, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #1,152 of 5,310
Nice video Swimsonny, I always wondered what the different sizes would look like in one's ears. Although I would only go with full size, it's nice that Cosmic has three different sizes. Wanted to mention that full size customs are awesome, my morning NYC subway commute stands no chance against my monitors; can't hear a thing but my music! :beyersmile:

Excellent. I commute to NYC, so this will be perfect for me.

Dec 8, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #1,153 of 5,310
Just sent my impressions to Phil so I can get some HY3s. Very much looking forward to getting them - Never gotten any custom headphones before...

Dec 8, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #1,155 of 5,310
Inetersting. The Tandem is a very smooth and laid back dynamic IEMs that is beautiful and effortless. The bass is more than the SBA but less than the TBA but i would say both the CE have better sub lows as the Tandem concentrates on a nice mellow mid bass. The Tandem are quite mid centric and the SBA have more forward high mids with stronger female vocals and generally more energy and the TBA is slightly more relaxed but i would say more resolving. The highs are smoother, better extended and more detailed on the TBA and more prominent on the TBA. As a compliment to the Tandem both would be nice! I also think that both are 'better; earphones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back