Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Nov 14, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #934 of 5,310
Taken from their site, in regards to a new connector design:
"Moving to this design will allow us to offer recessed sockets as a no cost option in future monitors, however if compatibility with aftermarket cables is required one should choose the flush socket option."

Yay! I'm personally quite happy about this, cuts down the price a little more, and makes the flex even more interesting IMO.

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #935 of 5,310
Quote:
http://cosmicears.com/stock-status/
Stock/cable update as promised!

It's nice to see the new improved plug and 4 wires in the new cables, but the round shape of the new connectors isn't that great! Sure it looks better than the regular rectangular ones, and I believe CE's argument that with those round connectors it will be easier (and cheaper) to make recessed socket in their products, but that also means you won't be able to use other aftermarket cables with their recessed sockets...

Nov 14, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #937 of 5,310
Quote:

It's nice to see the new improved plug and 4 wires in the new cables, but the round shape of the new connectors isn't that great! Sure it looks better than the regular rectangular ones, and I believe CE's argument that with those round connectors it will be easier (and cheaper) to make recessed socket in their products, but that also means you won't be able to use other aftermarket cables with their recessed sockets...

It's the best overall compromise though, while still keeping the price down. You still have the option of using whatever cables you like with the flush sockets, even if you can only use the round ones with the recessed sockets. It's certainly a better option than changing to some sort of proprietary connector, which would have prevented any sort of common aftermarket cables being used.

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #938 of 5,310
Quote:
It's the best overall compromise though, while still keeping the price down. You still have the option of using whatever cables you like with the flush sockets, even if you can only use the round ones with the recessed sockets. It's certainly a better option than changing to some sort of proprietary connector, which would have prevented any sort of common aftermarket cables being used.

Correct, though since their recessed sockets won't be compatible with standard (rectangular) cable plugs anyway, I don't very much see the point in keeping the old and outdated (they say it themselves) two-pin standard. For the flush sockets, yes, of course; for their new, proprietary recessed sockets, no.

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #939 of 5,310
If your thinking of ever getting aftermarket cables with anything, you have to get flush as even the rectangle Reccessed they used before, they would not be compatible with all aftermarket cables. Hense when I get my BA4 I will go flush, I think that's strong enough and I can use aftermarket. I think this is a great step forward.

Nov 14, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #940 of 5,310
Plussoundaudio has purple sleeves in stock! Pairing them with CE purple shells would look awesome!

Nov 14, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #941 of 5,310
Quote:
If your thinking of ever getting aftermarket cables with anything, you have to get flush as even the rectangle Reccessed they used before, they would not be compatible with all aftermarket cables. Hense when I get my BA4 I will go flush, I think that's strong enough and I can use aftermarket. I think this is a great step forward.

I went flush with my HY3 for exactly the reason of maximum aftermarket cable compatibility. After trying my Dark Lord cable from my TF10's today with the HY3, I am glad I did, too 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back