Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Oct 11, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #466 of 5,310
Quote:
Due to the cable delay, the HY3 and Flex are now deemed out of stock. However, some flex options will still be in stock so shoot Phil an email if you want to order a Flex (without a premium top exit cable). Anyway, my HY3 is hoping to be completed by the weekend so super excited!

Great news! You should have them you you by the end of next week, right? 

Oct 11, 2012 at 7:57 AM Post #467 of 5,310
can any1 compare the pure model with ie8/ie80s ?

mostly interested in bass behavior but highs (and mids) are interesting too,
would be nice if someone could tell me more about it!

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #468 of 5,310
can any1 compare the pure model with ie8/ie80s ?

mostly interested in bass behavior but highs (and mids) are interesting too,
would be nice if someone could tell me more about it!

I'm not a huge fan of the IE8 and later models, but I have to say that the basic Pure is not on the same level as those. It's got a big, fun bass but it isn't as detailed or realistic as the Sennheiser models. And that's to be expected considering the massive price difference.

Oct 11, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #469 of 5,310
Next week a special edition model will be coming from cosmic ears, final details and price are still being decided on but i will be receiving a pre production model shortly.It is based off of the pure plus using the same driver but will come in either red or blue and also have a flat cable. Pretty cool huh, well who even more so if you have a look at it, who wants to check out a picture of mine :wink:

Oct 11, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #472 of 5,310
It's mainly the cable situation that's the hold up now. Apparantly should of been this week but there's been a slight delay. They are looking for alternate suppliers to avoid this situation in the future. If you have any queries, shoot them an email.

Cheers

Oct 11, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #473 of 5,310
Quote:
It's mainly the cable situation that's the hold up now. Apparantly should of been this week but there's been a slight delay. They are looking for alternate suppliers to avoid this situation in the future. If you have any queries, shoot them an email.
Cheers

I'm not the least bit bothered. My order will be delayed a week or so, so what :)

Unlike some of those boys on the V-Moda M100 thread, who are foaming at the mouth and getting pissy because their headphones haven't arrived when they thought they should. Some of them you would swear are three year olds, rather than adults. Their sense of self-entitlement and beligerent attitudes would be amusing if they weren't so damned rude.

You would wonder at Cosmic Ears struggling to get cable however, it can't be that unusual or special. One suspects they may have all their proverbial eggs in one basket, with one supplier :)

However, that's life for you, **** happens, and punters getting their panties in a bunch, doesn't alter anything :)

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #475 of 5,310
Quote:

You would wonder at Cosmic Ears struggling to get cable however, it can't be that unusual or special. One suspects they may have all their proverbial eggs in one basket, with one supplier :)

However, that's life for you, **** happens, and punters getting their panties in a bunch, doesn't alter anything :)

I admire your zen-ness.

They're new to the business, smoothing things out. It's a good sign that they were selling enough units because I want them to stay around if their CIEMs are good.

Oct 12, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #476 of 5,310
Quote:
I admire your zen-ness.

They're new to the business, smoothing things out. It's a good sign that they were selling enough units because I want them to stay around if their CIEMs are good.

Seriously, they need to stay around long enough for me to convince myself to buy headphones that cost more that $23.00 
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #477 of 5,310
Quote:
Next week a special edition model will be coming from cosmic ears, final details and price are still being decided on but i will be receiving a pre production model shortly.It is based off of the pure plus using the same driver but will come in either red or blue and also have a flat cable. Pretty cool huh, well who even more so if you have a look at it, who wants to check out a picture of mine :wink:

So no more suspense :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back