Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Oct 9, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #451 of 5,310
Quote:
A quad ba driver ciem is my guess, and I guess everyone elses also
smily_headphones1.gif

Phil mentioned to me earlier that he does not believe in putting in more than 3-4 drivers in a ciem, the only purpose would be to make more money. Sound-wise he did not believe it made that much improvement.

Well, looking at their current products, a quad BA (or more) is the only way for them to go... If they can keep the costs down doing so, it's just great!

Oct 9, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #452 of 5,310
Quote:
Well, looking at their current products, a quad BA (or more) is the only way for them to go... If they can keep the costs down doing so, it's just great!

I've heard it'll be a quad dynamic, but that surgery will be required to increase the width of the ear canals and improve the wiring of the brain, which might get a little expensive.

Oct 9, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #455 of 5,310
Oct 10, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #458 of 5,310
Never heard of them either but I'm def interested! CIEM is my next deeper into the headphone craziness but the prices were a big to step for something I've never tried before but these are priced right in my wheelhouse so I would have no problem getting any of the options here. Sub. Can't wait to see what's next.

Oct 10, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #459 of 5,310
Quote:

I've heard it'll be a quad dynamic, but that surgery will be required to increase the width of the ear canals and improve the wiring of the brain, which might get a little expensive.

A quad dynamic? That would be extremely unusual. Come to think of it, I've never even seen a double/twin dynamic either.
I thought that dynamic drivers don't have such an issue covering the entire frequency range accurately, whereas BAs do, hence the multiple driver approach for BAs

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #461 of 5,310
[size=medium] EXCITED!!!![/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]
size]
[/size]
[size=medium]

Order status change​

Order: #1667

Your order status has been changed to electronic assembly.
Cosmic Ears
[/size]

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #462 of 5,310
Nice.

So I've bitten the bullet and gotten an audiologist appointment for the 26th.  Now to decide which model to go for.  I had been thinking of just going for the pure for obvious reasons, now I'm wondering if I might be better served going up a bit.

This will be the third time that I've tried to get customs done,  just hope this is "third time the charm" as they say!

Cheers.

Oct 10, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #463 of 5,310
Due to the cable delay, the HY3 and Flex are now deemed out of stock. However, some flex options will still be in stock so shoot Phil an email if you want to order a Flex (without a premium top exit cable). Anyway, my HY3 is hoping to be completed by the weekend so super excited!

Oct 10, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #464 of 5,310
Quote:
 the HY3 and Flex are now deemed out of stock.

I just pulled the trigger on Purple Flex/recessed/top exit cable/triple hybrids last night, just in time it would seem.
Sent off my impressions this morning ( DIY ).
I just couldn't wait for peoples thoughts on these any longer.
I think I've been window shopping for customs since I joined Head-Fi, in fact I think I may have joined to learn something about them with a view to buying them.
So my purchase is based purely on Project86's initial impressions, and price, and is a bit of a gamble.
I'm praying for:
plenty of taught bass
plenty of liquid mids
smooth clear highs (slightly recessed is ok for me)
I just hope they don't sound too much like my TF10's.
If yours don't sound like this description please just lie to me and say they do, perhaps I'll be able to fool myself into hearing what I want?.
Seriously though, I'm quite excited about this :)
I'm off on holiday tomorrow, and I think I'll be spending the entire time wondering if I've made the right choice.
I think I'll take some 'disposables' with me so that whatever comes back from Cosmic sounds great by comparison.

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #465 of 5,310
Quote:
I just pulled the trigger on Purple Flex/recessed/top exit cable/triple hybrids last night, just in time it would seem.
Sent off my impressions this morning ( DIY ).
I just couldn't wait for peoples thoughts on these any longer.
I think I've been window shopping for customs since I joined Head-Fi, in fact I think I may have joined to learn something about them with a view to buying them.
So my purchase is based purely on Project86's initial impressions, and price, and is a bit of a gamble.
I'm praying for:
plenty of taught bass
plenty of liquid mids
smooth clear highs (slightly recessed is ok for me)
I just hope they don't sound too much like my TF10's.
If yours don't sound like this description please just lie to me and say they do, perhaps I'll be able to fool myself into hearing what I want?.
Seriously though, I'm quite excited about this :)
I'm off on holiday tomorrow, and I think I'll be spending the entire time wondering if I've made the right choice.
I think I'll take some 'disposables' with me so that whatever comes back from Cosmic sounds great by comparison.

good that you already have tf10, you can do a comparison for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back