Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Oct 5, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #391 of 5,310
So, anyone know how the bass of the dynamic one compares to other non-custom in-ears?
And also, how would the size affect comfort, isolation and such?

If you notice with universal IEMs tips and insertion depth can really effect the bass you hear because your changing how good the seal is, better the seal better the bass. What you get with a custom is pretty much as "perfect seal" so bass should be very good. However I don't know how bass wise it will compare to some extreme bass IEMs in the price range such as the Hippo VB. I am also talking about the single dynamic which seems to have more bass than the BA models.

As for isolation it superb going by what I heard when both impressions in which Phil said is very much what CIEMs will isolate like. However that is what the full ones isolate like and I guess they will isolate more than the smaller ones. As for sizes of shells they should all be of amazing comfort being that these are custom milder to your ears. Hope this helps and if Project who has tried different shell sizes and models want to correct anything I write, feel free to as my CE"s are still on the way!

Oct 5, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #392 of 5,310
Quote:
So, anyone know how the bass of the dynamic one compares to other non-custom in-ears?
And also, how would the size affect comfort, isolation and such?

Like Swim said its all about getting a good seal plus the quality of the driver.  There's many universals that have really good bass like the Atrio MG7 or Hippo VB, with the CIEM from Cosmic Ears I don't know how their dynamic drivers bass sound but I'm sure its going to be good.  If your wanting a CIEM with a dynamic driver the Cosmic Ears would be a nice start and for $105 thats cheaper than most good universal dynamic driver IEM's.

Oct 5, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #393 of 5,310
Yeah, those are the ones I'm thinking about getting, the Cosmic Ears, MG7 or the Hippo VB... I've never had a pair of customs, so I have no idea which size would be the "best" for me. The MG7 are so ugly that I would probably get the Hippo VB's, even though the MG7 is better.
Hoping for someone to do a proper review, preferably with comparisons to the various models, and other similarly priced options.

Oct 5, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #394 of 5,310
Quote:
Yeah, those are the ones I'm thinking about getting, the Cosmic Ears, MG7 or the Hippo VB... I've never had a pair of customs, so I have no idea which size would be the "best" for me. The MG7 are so ugly that I would probably get the Hippo VB's, even though the MG7 is better.
Hoping for someone to do a proper review, preferably with comparisons to the various models, and other similarly priced options.

Well I'm in the process of doing a review of the Hippo VB and I had the MG7 that I sold a little over a month age so I'll let you know how they compare.

Oct 5, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #396 of 5,310
I think that their is a chance that the Pure will be a generally better earphone but you have to remember that both the other two are made just for crazy bass but i have only heard the VB of the two and i liked it if bass was all you care for. As for the MG7 vs the VB, i know H20 Fidelity had both and as far as bass was concerned he said that the VB was better, you can also tune the bass with the VB. I think that a custom at this price is just to good to pass up though as the VB are bulky and can fall out of ears and the MG7 are 'ugly'. They also seem to have great ass with strong extension according to project!

Oct 5, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #397 of 5,310
For me its hard to say ones better than the other in the bass department.  The VB has better impact and punch but the MG7 has better depth and the texture is a bit cleaner imo.  I also wouldn't say the Pure CIEM would sound better than both either as the VB and MG7 really sound quite good.  Now you'd think it might but just because its a CIEM doesn't mean its better.  I think for Daff the VB might be the better choice between the 2 as its a good bit brighter and has the more consumer friendly V shaped signature but don't quote me on that :wink:

Oct 5, 2012 at 6:28 AM Post #398 of 5,310
Quote:
New post by Phil about recessed sockets:
http://cosmicears.com/sockets-flush-or-recessed/#more-1689
I know most here already know this, but I think the photos he posted are pretty cool!

Now I'll want recessed sockets when I order mine! 
cool.gif

Oct 6, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #403 of 5,310
Hey Guys

I am 15 years old and was wondering whether or not CIEMs would work for me? I have pretty much peaked my height growth (Im at 5'11'' and probably will get to around 6')
I was really hoping to get some CIEMs because I have trouble getting a comfortable seal with most of the universals I have tried. 

How long would the ciems fit my ears?

Oct 7, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #404 of 5,310
There's no way to know how much growing you'll change. You might not grow taller but most guys will "fill out" so to speak, well into their late teens or early 20s. Will this change the shape of your ears and thus the fit of your custom IEMs? Maybe, maybe not. It will probably be different for each person.

I wouldn't recommend a $1k flagship model, just in case, but maybe a cheaper model like the Cosmic Flex with the single or twin BA would be a good bet. Even if it stops fitting in a few years, you got some good use out of it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back