Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Oct 4, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #376 of 5,310
The eagle has landed and the flex micros are in my ears :) Off to the gym to try these babies out!

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #377 of 5,310
I just called the audiologist to set up an appointment for them ear impressions and luckily they can get me in today so that's awesome.

What are most of you getting the full custom or are there quite a few getting the half and micro sets?

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #378 of 5,310
Quote:
I just called the audiologist to set up an appointment for them ear impressions and luckily they can get me in today so that's awesome.

What are most of you getting the full custom or are there quite a few getting the half and micro sets?

I think I'll probably end up getting the full custom. I already have some phonaks which are good if I need something very small, and I'd like something that really covers up the entire outer ear. Given 86's comments, it might also be easier to get a seal on the full customs

Oct 4, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #380 of 5,310
Pulled the triger on Flex model single dynamic driver with premium detachable cable, also one extra cable and with shipping the price was 173$. Just awesome. Made ear impressions at local audiologist for 10$ pair and sent them to Cosmic for 3$ by air mail. So total spent is 186$. For comparison there are a lot of universal IEMs far more expensive and you won't get a good seal and comfort like with CIEMs. Hope that this money are good investment.

Oct 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #381 of 5,310
Hey tiex, after reading your post, I got a little curious. If you were going to get the flex, why not get it with a single balanced armature instead? Also, couldn't you have just gotten the pure model, or did you want the detachable top exit cable?

Oct 4, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #382 of 5,310
I wanted detachable cable because you can change it if it breaks or wears out and also extra cable just added extra 20$ and that is cheap. Dynamic driver can deliver deep and rumbling bass that you won't hear from single armature driver. Rather then that armature can give a more detailed sound in midrange and highs than dynamic one. But I am looking for something to enjoy pop, dubstep, electronic, some of rap and beats, rock, some of classical music and it's hard to find major part of this music in hi-rez quality, so I gues dynamic driver is a good match for me.

Oct 4, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #383 of 5,310
Turns out I have very uniquely shaped ear canals, mine actually get bigger after the second bend which the audiologist said she's only seen that in people that had this old sugary they did back in the day.  I wonder if that effects the way hear things and they way I hear IEM's, you'd think it would effect it somewhat with a larger opening to the eardrum.

Oct 4, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #384 of 5,310
New post by Phil about recessed sockets:
http://cosmicears.com/sockets-flush-or-recessed/#more-1689

I know most here already know this, but I think the photos he posted are pretty cool!

Oct 4, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #386 of 5,310
Quote:
This seems really interesting, maybe I'll get one of the cheaper models. Which one has the most/best bass? And I'm not quite sure what size to chose, any opinions on that?

The dynamic driver set up would probably be the best for bass and they only cost around $100 which is crazy cheap for a custom IEM.  I think the most common size is full which is what are regular CIEM looks like and I think that's what most people are getting.

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #387 of 5,310
Quote:

The dynamic driver set up would probably be the best for bass and they only cost around $100 which is crazy cheap for a custom IEM.  I think the most common size is full which is what are regular CIEM looks like and I think that's what most people are getting.

So wouldn't that mean that the HY2 and HY3 options would have more bass?  In a hybrid set-up the dynamic would only need to focus on lows, right?  I hope I'm wrong, cause I could maybe afford the single dynamic!

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #389 of 5,310
Quote:
So wouldn't that mean that the HY2 and HY3 options would have more bass?  In a hybrid set-up the dynamic would only need to focus on lows, right?  I hope I'm wrong, cause I could maybe afford the single dynamic!

Oh yes for sure but I was just going by that the OP said "cheaper models" so I mentioned those but if the OP was wanting to spend more I would have suggested those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back