Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Sep 21, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #211 of 5,310
Yeh they can analyse the impressions you have very well and will tell you if they are good enough etc, saves sending them in and getting rejected (hopefully that will never happen to any one)!

Sep 22, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #213 of 5,310
Quote:
Just in case anyone else was curious about the HY3 and the Triple Hybrid Flex, I asked Cosmic Ears if the two of them sounded the same:

So you should order the HY3 if you want the purple shell and top exit?

Triple Hybrid Flex with those option will cost you 15pounds more.
eek.gif
And if you want recessed socket you have no choice but to order thru Flex and pay 35pounds more? That's madness
L3000.gif

Quote:

Cheers

Are these those impressions returned by UM in the past? (Or they still practice this nowadays?)

Sep 22, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #214 of 5,310
Quote:
So you should order the HY3 if you want the purple shell and top exit?

Triple Hybrid Flex with those option will cost you 15pounds more.
eek.gif
And if you want recessed socket you have no choice but to order thru Flex and pay 35pounds more? That's madness
L3000.gif

What are the advantages of the recessed socket option?

Sep 22, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #216 of 5,310
Quote:

What are the advantages of the recessed socket option?

The plug fits into the socket and thus has a bit of "reinforcement" so it can't be easily bent sideways. It's not a huge deal, and I haven't had any problems with any of my flush-socket customs. 

Sep 22, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #217 of 5,310
Yes that was the opinion from phil (length wise). Said they would be willing to use those but would be a one shot deal, ie no chance of sending back for alterations if fit doesn't looks right.  With the customs (that I've had to abandon sadly) made from those the left would fit better than the right anyway.

Cheers

Sep 22, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #219 of 5,310
can we just go to an audiologist and do a impression and ship to them?
or we need to use their kit?

Audiologists tend to be more expensive (and longer wait times due to appointments). If your not sure or confident then going to the audiologists would be better anyway.

Cheers.

Sep 22, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #220 of 5,310
Quote:

The plug fits into the socket and thus has a bit of "reinforcement" so it can't be easily bent sideways. It's not a huge deal, and I haven't had any problems with any of my flush-socket customs. 

So will you recommend getting recessed or just flushed socket will do?

I see the pins on my westone cable to be slightly bent but still works alright tho.

Sep 22, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #221 of 5,310
I have a pair of IEms with recessed sockets and another pair with flush sockets. With recessed it eliminates any possible worries of breaks or bends in the pins. However I worry no more with flushed and nothing has gone wrong with them. You would have to be real rough with them to break. I think you'll be fine with the HY3.

can we just go to an audiologist and do a impression and ship to them?
or we need to use their kit?

No you can choose. There kit option works out cheaper but the audiologist option is still there if you don't trust yourself.

I got my kit through today and will do tomorrow. Will put some pics up tonight.

Sep 22, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #222 of 5,310
I contacted CosmicEars about an hour and a half ago, Phil sent me a reply right away. If I decide to get some customs, I'll defenatly use CE, there customer service appears to be top notch. I asked if it would be possible to send in some custom earplugs instead of impressions, because I really enjoy the seal I get with them.:xf_eek:

"Info (Cosmic Ears)
to me
Hi

It could be possible but it is difficult to say without seeing them. The only other issue is that we have to do some impression modelling and we could not do this with your earplugs so we would have to take an impression of your plug.

It could be possible but it is more work for us and we could not guarantee the fit.

Regards
Phil"

Sep 22, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #223 of 5,310
Quote:
I have a pair of IEms with recessed sockets and another pair with flush sockets. With recessed it eliminates any possible worries of breaks or bends in the pins. However I worry no more with flushed and nothing has gone wrong with them. You would have to be real rough with them to break. I think you'll be fine with the HY3.
No you can choose. There kit option works out cheaper but the audiologist option is still there if you don't trust yourself.
I got my kit through today and will do tomorrow. Will put some pics up tonight.

waiting for review before taking the plunge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back