Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Sep 10, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #46 of 5,310
I'm not sure how cheap/expensive clear would be... I like that purple is the cheapest option. I LOVE purple.

Sep 10, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #47 of 5,310
Quote:
This is a response from cosmic ears regarding the sound signature.
Hi
Thank you for your kind comments.
In summary I would class the following sound signatures:
Pure with dynamic driver: Bassy (lows boosted, mids and treble recessed)
HY3 or Flex with Triple Hybrid: Balanced (treble and bass boosted, mids recessed)
We have a priority task to add the sound signatures on the website for all our models as this seems to be a common request.
The limited edition red is not currently available, we are however going to introduce a similar limited edition red model this month, we may get a post up this week to show the red model as we will also have a similar limited edition blue model. I will try and remember to let you know when we put the post up.
I hope this answers your questions.
Regards
Phil

isnt it a bit turn off to say the word recessed? i am sure fxt90 has more bass than the more balanced gr07 but non of them has anything recessed..

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #52 of 5,310
Quote:

isnt it a bit turn off to say the word recessed? i am sure fxt90 has more bass than the more balanced gr07 but non of them has anything recessed..

Pure with dynamic driver: Bassy (lows boosted, mids and treble recessed) Bass heavy sound signature
HY3 or Flex with Triple Hybrid: Balanced (treble and bass boosted, mids recessed) V Shaped sound signature

Happy?

Patato potaaato

Sep 11, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #53 of 5,310
Pure with dynamic driver: Bassy (lows boosted, mids and treble recessed) Bass heavy sound signature

HY3 or Flex with Triple Hybrid: Balanced (treble and bass boosted, mids recessed) V Shaped sound signature

Happy?

Patato potaaato

awww no mids boost :frowning2: ala UM. I'll ask if they do universals like tralucent and UM.

edit:

no universals (yet. maaaybe later), recessed sockets - 15 GBP, memory wire about 6.5cm from bottom of the plug to end of metal wire bit on detachable cable.

Sep 11, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #55 of 5,310
Thanks for the impression. So far, so good :)

Sep 11, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #56 of 5,310
Quote:
awww no mids boost
frown.gif
ala UM. I'll ask if they do universals like tralucent and UM.
edit:
no universals (yet. maaaybe later), recessed sockets - 15 GBP, memory wire about 6.5cm from bottom of the plug to end of metal wire bit on detachable cable.

There is NO reason for Cosmic to do universals, with the current prices imo, when i chose Flex i landed on 215£ and that wont scare that many off...

They seem to have found a market for really cheap ciems, and that should give them an edge of the bat..

Sep 11, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #58 of 5,310
For those wondering about the case it's this one :-

http://cosmicears.com/shop/case/

Sep 11, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #59 of 5,310
While I hope to eventually end up with a pair of 8.As, I may have to pick up the Pures while I wait/save money. Seems like an excellent way to see how much I'd use customs as well without spending too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back