Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Dec 25, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #5,252 of 5,310
  Thank you very much for the answer, Please do upload those pics. These will be my first ciems ;of course once I can afford them, but they're on the list :D

Here are the shells I received for pre-fitting. They did join a short letter with these, indicating that these are NOT finished, and that any imperfection (such as bubbles in the acrylic) would be removed before shipping them back to me with the drivers fitted.

From the moment I sent them back to Cosmic Ears, it took around a month before I received the finished product:

Dec 25, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #5,253 of 5,310

Here are the shells I received for pre-fitting. They did join a short letter with these, indicating that these are NOT finished, and that any imperfection (such as bubbles in the acrylic) would be removed before shipping them back to me with the drivers fitted.

From the moment I sent them back to Cosmic Ears, it took around a month before I received the finished product:

Thanks a lot. Wow, a month, But, they turned out really great and I'm sure they sound great.

Dec 25, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #5,254 of 5,310
I got the prefit service and ordered both the maximum fit and comfort fit shells. Both sets of shells turned out OK. So used the comfort fit and kept the max fit for future use / reshelling another ciem :)

Dec 27, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #5,255 of 5,310
I've got a crack in my left monitor, right around the connector socket . i've emailed cosmic ears but no reply  yet . My ce6b was reshelled earlier this year and just two days ago i noticed the crack . I'm not sure if i should continue using them or put them away until i can mail it back to cosmic ears . i can't hear any change in how they sound though. It sucks as I've just purchased a new silver cable and was enjoying my music all over again  .Is there any risk of further damage to the drivers if i continue using them?.

Dec 27, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #5,256 of 5,310
I've got a crack in my left monitor, right around the connector socket . i've emailed cosmic ears but no reply  yet . My ce6b was reshelled earlier this year and just two days ago i noticed the crack . I'm not sure if i should continue using them or put them away until i can mail it back to cosmic ears . i can't hear any change in how they sound though. It sucks as I've just purchased a new silver cable and was enjoying my music all over again  .Is there any risk of further damage to the drivers if i continue using them?.

Hey, sorry to hear about the crack, but not affecting the sound is good.

I just purchased a silver plated copper cable for my CE6B as well! :)

http://www.rhapsodiostore.com/products/sakura

Which one did you get - noticed the affects?

Dec 28, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #5,257 of 5,310

Hard to say. I would say wait for a reply of Cosmic Ears just in case. If you really want to use them, maybe only at home in a peaceful place (with no tension on the cable, etc.) ?
They must be in vacation right now, I am sure they will reply to you as soon as they come back and take the time to check all their emails. Did you send photos of the crack to them all along with your email ?
I hope everything will be fine for you.

I just purchased a silver plated copper cable for my CE6B as well!
smily_headphones1.gif

What about you ? Have you noticed any specific change ?
I am with my Linum BaX cable and I still love it, I believe that if I change for another cable in the future it would be for some 2.5mm symetrical cable if Cayin affords to stop the noise generation from its symetrical outline on its N5.

Dec 28, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #5,258 of 5,310

I just purchased a silver plated copper cable for my CE6B as well! :)

Hey I got a pure silver cable from lavricables. It's added a bit of sparkle and extended the highs a bit. The sound stage has also improved. It's definitely an upgrade over the stock cable.

Dec 28, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #5,259 of 5,310
Hard to say. I would say wait for a reply of Cosmic Ears just in case. If you really want to use them, maybe only at home in a peaceful place (with no tension on the cable, etc.) ?
They must be in vacation right now, I am sure they will reply to you as soon as they come back and take the time to check all their emails. Did you send photos of the crack to them all along with your email ?
I hope everything will be fine for you.

Hey, I figured they were on holidays but as you said I'll wait for a reply from them and take it from there.

Dec 28, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #5,260 of 5,310

What about you ? Have you noticed any specific change ?
I am with my Linum BaX cable and I still love it, I believe that if I change for another cable in the future it would be for some 2.5mm symetrical cable if Cayin affords to stop the noise generation from its symetrical outline on its N5.

The general theory is that copper increases bass and warmth and silver plated copper or hybrid cables add detail and clarity as well.

If i switch between the Sakura cable and the stock one, i do find quite a bit of truth to the above statement. 

Even though the highs on the 6B are detailed, adding the SPC cable, doesn't make them harsh or Sibilant. (Have a few tracks prone to sibilance, eg Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah.)

If I listen to "Ultimate Santana" for example, the crispness of the highs and depth of the bass detail is enhanced. Great detail well brought across the range,which for me makes everything sound enjoyable. Some of that's the CE6B, but I am finding a bit of that's attributable to the cable.

Dec 28, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #5,261 of 5,310
  The general theory is that copper increases bass and warmth and silver plated copper or hybrid cables add detail and clarity as well.

If i switch between the Sakura cable and the stock one, i do find quite a bit of truth to the above statement. 

Even though the highs on the 6B are detailed, adding the SPC cable, doesn't make them harsh or Sibilant. (Have a few tracks prone to sibilance, eg Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah.)

If I listen to "Ultimate Santana" for example, the crispness of the highs and depth of the bass detail is enhanced. Great detail well brought across the range,which for me makes everything sound enjoyable. Some of that's the CE6B, but I am finding a bit of that's attributable to the cable.

Thank you for your input.
I am not really experimented with cables but I read that they play a light role in the sound restitution, assuming that they are "good" cables.
Reading your post, I feel like if they had such an effet but that it is enough to make the sound really more enjoyable.

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #5,263 of 5,310

That's the crack in my monitor. Hard to see in the pic because of the colour of the shell. But if you zoom in you'd see the crack line down from the socket area

Hrrm....i seriously don't think that's going to affect the sound quality just from looking at it. You're still getting a good seal. I mean, you could probably send it in for a reshell, but you'd probably be doing that for cosmetic reasons. Also.It's not on the faceplate, and the colour doesn't make it stand out. Personally would just leave that be and enjoy them. The alternative is to spend a bit of cash on new impressions / reshell, and then you'd have exactly the same sound experience you're getting now. Except with a slight cosmetic difference. Doesn't seem worth it.

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #5,264 of 5,310

Hrrm....i seriously don't think that's going to affect the sound quality just from looking at it. You're still getting a good seal. I mean, you could probably send it in for a reshell, but you'd probably be doing that for cosmetic reasons. Also.It's not on the faceplate, and the colour doesn't make it stand out. Personally would just leave that be and enjoy them. The alternative is to spend a bit of cash on new impressions / reshell, and then you'd have exactly the same sound experience you're getting now. Except with a slight cosmetic difference. Doesn't seem worth it.

If it is the only problem, I do agree with you.
However, the crack may be the open door to a bigger problem : does it weaken the whole shell structure in any way ?
If yes, I believe the reshell could be worth it if there is a price difference between correcting it now and making the shell from scratch once again.

Dec 28, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #5,265 of 5,310

If it is the only problem, I do agree with you.
However, the crack may be the open door to a bigger problem : does it weaken the whole shell structure in any way ?
If yes, I believe the reshell could be worth it if there is a price difference between correcting it now and making the shell from scratch once again.

I think he would have to reshell either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back