Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Dec 17, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #5,239 of 5,310
I've got TF10(reshelled) too!
I feel TF10 is much more drier. About soundstage, CE6P's is more wider.

Here're freq responces :D
(I'm using CE6P with silver cable, so it might not be actually default sound)

TF10 Reshelled

CE6P

P.S The mic is DIYed. Please take it just for reference.

Can you please explain how this freq. Response charts translate into music? I also have the triplefi (original not reshelled) and looking for an upgrade

Dec 17, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #5,240 of 5,310
Can you please explain how this freq. Response charts translate into music? I also have the triplefi (original not reshelled) and looking for an upgrade

First, CE6P has got much deeeeep base(under 100Hz, as you can see) than triplefi has. It's hard to hear, but might be bring you some fatigue if you use having strong bass DAP or amp; ZX1, Mojo, etc. (Of course, replacing cable is good way to adjust)

Second, CE6P has much more middle(1k to 2k) to high(around 5k to 7k) than triplefi has. About 5 db. If you like triplefi's bright sound, you might think CE6P's sound is "muffled".

...well, you can use graphic EQ in iTunes or foobar2k. Using it is easy way to get it!

Dec 18, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #5,241 of 5,310
First, CE6P has got much deeeeep base(under 100Hz, as you can see) than triplefi has. It's hard to hear, but might be bring you some fatigue if you use having strong bass DAP or amp; ZX1, Mojo, etc. (Of course, replacing cable is good way to adjust)

Second, CE6P has much more middle(1k to 2k) to high(around 5k to 7k) than triplefi has. About 5 db. If you like triplefi's bright sound, you might think CE6P's sound is "muffled".

...well, you can use graphic EQ in iTunes or foobar2k. Using it is easy way to get it!

Thank you for the quick reply!
I am actually looking to find something that yas deeper bass and to be as bright as my triplefi10. So it seems ce6p will fit the first goal but not the brightness part?
I am using poweramp alpha on android with lg g5 and hifi plus dac by B&O

Dec 18, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #5,243 of 5,310
Thank you for the quick reply!
I am actually looking to find something that yas deeper bass and to be as bright as my triplefi10. So it seems ce6p will fit the first goal but not the brightness part?
I am using poweramp alpha on android with lg g5 and hifi plus dac by B&O

If you're bass lover, I can say YES.
I can't imagine how much bass CE6B has... CE6P has much amount of bass already.

But not bright. poweramp's EQ is great so it'll be help your adjust CE6P's sound!

Dec 18, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #5,245 of 5,310
Guess who's back? I'm back, it's me...

Many new faces probably won't remember me because I've been away for a couple of years. I got the BA4f cIEMs about 3 years ago and I still love them.

But, the reason I'm back is, because I have finally finished my studies and I'm starting with my career this January! 
Meaning, that I finally have money to buy all the luxury items I don't really need!

So as a gift to myself, I'm planning to purchase the CE6P :)

Dec 18, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #5,246 of 5,310
There is a glossary on HeadFi (easily foundable via google) with some terms and explanations about them for describing sound.

"Not bright" is as drmacman said : you may find the sound kind of muffled in the highs COMPARED TO your previous earphones. I believe (But I can be wrong) that it is not directly linked to details but may have effects on them. Let's say the highs will appear less "crystal", and less agressive.

Dec 18, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #5,247 of 5,310
Guess who's back? I'm back, it's me...

Many new faces probably won't remember me because I've been away for a couple of years. I got the BA4f cIEMs about 3 years ago and I still love them.

But, the reason I'm back is, because I have finally finished my studies and I'm starting with my career this January! 
Meaning, that I finally have money to buy all the luxury items I don't really need!

So as a gift to myself, I'm planning to purchase the CE6P :)

Congratulations !! I believe you'll be happy with CE6P, I love mine ! :D

Dec 24, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #5,248 of 5,310
Hello everybody, I hope you're having a great holiday/christmas.
Could you explain to me what's the pre-fit service is all about? I apologize if this had been answered before.
Does it mean that I'll receive the entry-level drivers only and test if it fits perfectly or not ?
And what happens if it doesn't fit, do they change it for free or what?

Dec 24, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #5,249 of 5,310
Hello everybody, I hope you're having a great holiday/christmas.
Could you explain to me what's the pre-fit service is all about? I apologize if this had been answered before.
Does it mean that I'll receive the entry-level drivers only and test if it fits perfectly or not ?
And what happens if it doesn't fit, do they change it for free or what?

No you're not getting any drivers. You get the actual shell that's been made for your ciem, but it's empty and they send it to you just to see how's the fit. Then you write some feedback and send them back to cosmic ears to get the drivers fitted.

I should have some pictures of the empty shells I received for the pre-fit service. I'll upload them if you want to see.

Dec 24, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #5,250 of 5,310
Don't know what they do if the fit is really horrible. Mine was a bit tight on the right side deep in the ear canal. I left some feedback to have them modify it.
The finished ciem I received was much more comfortable than the empty shells, I guess they just slimmed the ear canal part slightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back