Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Sep 2, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #5,011 of 5,310
  I have to shout out a warning to people ordering from CE:

The company itself is great and I have been very happy with the build quality they have given me, BUT the T2 connectors that I got on my reshelled headphones were an utter disappointment. I have had the headphones from February and just a couple of weeks ago one of them started to cut off at random times. A little wiggle of the cable end in the connector solved the issue for the time being, but I knew this was not going to be the end of my issues. Fast forward to present day and I am absolutely miserable using the headphones =( The signal constantly cuts off and there does not seem to be any reliable position to keep the cables without it being an issue. I would advise everyone against the T2 connectors!

I have sent a complaint to CE asking for either a refund or a redoing of the connectors to a more traditional 2 pin style. I have yet to receive a reply, but I'll let you know what happens.

-Seepa

CE have already identified that there is a problem with the t2 connectors and acted accordingly.  That is no longer an order option as the 2 pin connector is the only option atm.  Also when I enquired about having my micro's recabled with the same connectors they said it wasn't possible due to the aforementioned issues with them.  Anyone ordering now shouldn't have a problem on that side (hopefully).

Sep 2, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #5,012 of 5,310
  I have to shout out a warning to people ordering from CE:

The company itself is great and I have been very happy with the build quality they have given me, BUT the T2 connectors that I got on my reshelled headphones were an utter disappointment. I have had the headphones from February and just a couple of weeks ago one of them started to cut off at random times. A little wiggle of the cable end in the connector solved the issue for the time being, but I knew this was not going to be the end of my issues. Fast forward to present day and I am absolutely miserable using the headphones =( The signal constantly cuts off and there does not seem to be any reliable position to keep the cables without it being an issue. I would advise everyone against the T2 connectors!

I have sent a complaint to CE asking for either a refund or a redoing of the connectors to a more traditional 2 pin style. I have yet to receive a reply, but I'll let you know what happens.

-Seepa

Were you quickly helped like we all were? Don't forget to post the good stuff as well, don't just complain, it wouldn't be fair to CE.
We look forward to hearing how it went, knowing CE, I'm convinced you got a reply withing the next few hours

Sep 3, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #5,013 of 5,310
Has anyone else noticed that Linum cables have become available through Amazon with free shipping on most types? They have all the connectors available and was wondering if anyone has purchased any yet through Amazon. This is now my third T2 BaX and I'm hoping the next one will be more durable. I did you this one extensively for 9 months or so. Weirdest thing happened where the jacketing became so.... Worn? That the protected cable inside is now exposed daily. I don't know if this is safe to use like this but I love my monitors and they still function perfectly just have to handle the cable with much more ginger care. Basically want this cable to last just up until I can afford the next one.

Sep 5, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #5,014 of 5,310
Bummer
frown.gif

I absolutely love my Linum cable, and had set my heart on the T2 connector for my next set of CIEM's from Cosmic.

I really hope that Linum can sort this out so that Cosmic can restore the T2 as an option....?

Sep 5, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #5,015 of 5,310
Bummer:frowning2:
I absolutely love my Linum cable, and had set my heart on the T2 connector for my next set of CIEM's from Cosmic.

I really hope that Linum can sort this out so that Cosmic can restore the T2 as an option....?

You can get Linum as a 2 pin option.

Sep 5, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #5,016 of 5,310
You can get Linum as a 2 pin option.

That's what I currently have, but I'd prefer a better solution, which the T2 connector seemed to promise to be.

It seems as though the problems people are experiencing may be cable/connector junction related, so I'm hoping that Linum can sort out the issues as I'd still prefer the T2.
I'd be surprised if they can't solve this, as the Linum cable I've had (since launch) has happily survived some pretty shocking abuse, and is still going strong, so they clearly can make a solid product.

Sep 7, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #5,019 of 5,310
I don't know why, I don't use my CIEMS much and they're always well cared for, I let the cable fold up itself, there's never any strain on the cable.

My first was faulty at the jack, the last two arefaulty at the terminal for the right ciem.

I had the first replaced for free by linum

Sep 7, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #5,020 of 5,310
I don't know why, I don't use my CIEMS much and they're always well cared for, I let the cable fold up itself, there's never any strain on the cable.

My first was faulty at the jack, the last two arefaulty at the terminal for the right ciem.

I had the first replaced for free by linum

T2 or 2Pin? 

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #5,022 of 5,310
Sep 8, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #5,023 of 5,310
I'm sorry to say that my 2pin linum cable is not working after less than 6 months of normal use, I don't take special care on my headphone but carefully use on it. I'd see that cosmic ears warranty does not include cable. I love how my linum cable sound on my CE6P.
Did anyone notice that the linum cable is not as durable as it should? or will CE will send me the new one just because mine's still in warranty period? 
if not i will give linum one more chance to wait for super bax cable which may be in mass production in the end of the year and buy an alternative cable for my CE6P, I can't live without CE's earphone :D

Sep 8, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #5,024 of 5,310
  I'm sorry to say that my 2pin linum cable is not working after less than 6 months of normal use, I don't take special care on my headphone but carefully use on it. I'd see that cosmic ears warranty does not include cable. I love how my linum cable sound on my CE6P.
Did anyone notice that the linum cable is not as durable as it should? or will CE will send me the new one just because mine's still in warranty period? 
if not i will give linum one more chance to wait for super bax cable which may be in mass production in the end of the year and buy an alternative cable for my CE6P, I can't live without CE's earphone :D

Hi, please contact us and we will help you out as we have an agreement with estron regarding cable failures as we do not manufacture the line ourselves.

Sep 8, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #5,025 of 5,310

Quote:

E-mail sent :) thanks phil. if your can't read my e-mail please check your junk mail box as i've sent your another e-mail in these 2 days and get no reply, i think it is not you fault as i heard that you are having issue about junk e-mail filtering. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back