Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Jan 15, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #4,516 of 5,310

Are you talking about Cosmic Ears? If yes, they were previously from Sweden and now they are from UK.

"Designed in Sweden, made in England" is their new slogan
smile.gif

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #4,517 of 5,310
  Thanks vrapan. I am new in this business so I only have lousy stuff with fruits on it... Have been using some ath-m50's and sennheisers over ear for a week, definetly better sound and going back to apple earbuds is a downer. Tried the Beyerdynamic dt-770, liked those a lot, but dont like the comfort of all these over ears. Tried the b&o h3 with an x5 too, liked the in ear sound but something was just not natural to me in the mids and highs with those.

So it will probably be a big jump for me to go for the CE6P anyway, getting older I just have better and better experience with buying more expensive gear in the first place, in the long run I find its often cheaper :wink: I just have a hard time judging if I'll gain a lot going from CE6P to JE13 right away. Have played the trumpet for 20 years, so might have a bit hearing loss in the mids/highs. I guess my goal is that the sound is natural enough that it can trick me into thinking I'm at a concert instead of sitting at a desk :) I'm currently upgrading my music to flac's.

Its not easy with these in-ears its difficult to hear up front, but thanks a lot for input

In all fairness, I think its a very subjective issue. I was previously using the jh16s but now I've given them up for the Ce6(enhanced bass). I actually do prefer the signature of CE over JH.

Jan 19, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #4,519 of 5,310
  hi I've been absent from this thread for a seriously long time, like a year plus, and was wondering if CE had a slight price hike. i dont remember their iems being so pricey, or it might just be my memory

It was too include the new linum cables that they have started using.

Jan 21, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #4,521 of 5,310
My CE6P has finally arrived. Instant thoughts:
Clear and transparent. The midrange is like pure, clean, spring water. Bass is just about perfect for my preferences. Less than the JH13 but a little more than the UERM. Treble is laid back and smooth but still nicely detailed. Very pleased with the tuning!

Unfortunately I have a fit issue with the left housing, so I'll have to send back to Phil soon.

Jan 22, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #4,525 of 5,310
Ultrainferno, your impressions are more than welcome as well:wink:

BTW, I see from other thread that you have Harmony. Could you please post comparison between CE6E and Harmony (if not here than via PM please).

Jan 22, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #4,526 of 5,310
I suggest you guys take a look at Cosmic Ears/Headfonia's Facebook pages

Thats just a quick link to one of the photo's, THE WHOLE FREAKING SHELL'S STEAMPUNK!

I haven't been looking at a lot of CIEMS since going back to uni, but I don't remember seeing anything like that before

Jan 22, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #4,527 of 5,310
Ultrainferno, your impressions are more than welcome as well:wink:

BTW, I see from other thread that you have Harmony. Could you please post comparison between CE6E and Harmony (if not here than via PM please).

I have the H8P indeed. Very different from the CE house sound. I will compare them sooner or later together with the Legend R :)

I suggest you guys take a look at Cosmic Ears/Headfonia's Facebook pages

Well done Phil! You are the Steampunk King, I think the others got the message now.

Jan 22, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #4,528 of 5,310
I've got the CE6P coming in soon and looking forward to it, I've currently got the JH13 Pro. Has anyone got any more comparisons between the two? Are they very similar sounding? Phil mentioned that the CE6P has a little more bass but somebody mentioned that it's a little less than the JH13.

Jan 22, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #4,529 of 5,310
SGS, once you receive reffited CE6P if possible please post comparison to the Legend-R.

That's the plan!

I'm really enjoying the effortless and easy presenation. I can easily get lost lost in the music and forget about evaluation of sound.

I really love the full housing steampunk look posted on Headfonia. Might have to figure out a way to get that on CE model down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back