Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Jan 9, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #4,491 of 5,310
  So has anyone demoed the CE10P yet? I would have thought there would be some impressions out there already.

I'm under the impression that the demos are not available yet. I'm on the waiting list as well and I asked Phil about the price and availability but haven't got an answer yet. Not surprising given the holidays and their new plant. That doesn't make me less curious though!

Jan 9, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #4,492 of 5,310
Just wondering if reshell for CIEM's are absolutely necessary? I mean, I'd rather not have to spend $250 on a reshell... Does anyone know if human ears are basically alike in that sense? Looking to buy a used CIEM off someone and this will be the deciding factor...

Jan 9, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #4,493 of 5,310
I think the general rule is to wait till you're full grown, but even then your canals change over time and if I remember well the average lifetime of a ciem is 4 to 5 years (fit wise). Might be different for each person though

Jan 9, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #4,494 of 5,310
  Just wondering if reshell for CIEM's are absolutely necessary? I mean, I'd rather not have to spend $250 on a reshell... Does anyone know if human ears are basically alike in that sense? Looking to buy a used CIEM off someone and this will be the deciding factor...

Best case scenario someone else's customs will not seal as well with detrimental effect to sound quality, worse case it will simply not fit your ears. Custom IEMs are called that for a reason, ie they are custom to a person's ears. If that was not the case why would you need to buy customs in the first place? 

Jan 9, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #4,495 of 5,310

Best case scenario someone else's customs will not seal as well with detrimental effect to sound quality, worse case it will simply not fit your ears. Custom IEMs are called that for a reason, ie they are custom to a person's ears. If that was not the case why would you need to buy customs in the first place? 

tru dat, I guess buying secondhand involves a lot of money to reshape them....

Jan 9, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #4,496 of 5,310
  tru dat, I guess buying secondhand involves a lot of money to reshape them....

It costs money, but sometimes you can find a pair of used CIEMs at a great price, have them reshelled and spend much less for everything than you would for a brand new pair.

Jan 12, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #4,497 of 5,310
Pics of my newly arrived Westone 3 reshells!  Not really given them a run in yet (that's tomorrow)

Will post better pics later.  Build quality seems great.  Looking forward to giving this a test run at work tomorrow!

Jan 12, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #4,498 of 5,310
Let the shells burn-in for 40hrs min
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back