Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Aug 26, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #4,234 of 5,310
Was rather upset this morning - the day after moving apartments.  It seems that only the right hand CIEM has made the move with me! :frowning2: :frowning2:

I got my CEs just before the T2 connectors arrived, so just had standard UE/Westone type two pronged connectors. I'd noticed that the left was getting looser to the point where there was pretty much no friction keeping the cable connected to the IEM at all, but because of the vertical pressure on the cable when wearing them it wasn't an issue.   

Bugger.

Rather hoping it's just fallen deeper into a box I've not checked yet, but chances are there's a person puzzled at the odd nobbly thing gracing the floor of their new flat :/

Aug 26, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #4,238 of 5,310
I don't even own an aftermarket cable.  I detached them once when I first got em, just to see what happened, but then left them well alone until the point where the left became so loose it even came out when adjusting.  

....I do know not to remove the CIEMs by tugging on the cables, before anyone suggests that might have been what I was doing!  

Aug 26, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #4,239 of 5,310
  Was rather upset this morning - the day after moving apartments.  It seems that only the right hand CIEM has made the move with me! :frowning2: :frowning2:

I got my CEs just before the T2 connectors arrived, so just had standard UE/Westone type two pronged connectors. I'd noticed that the left was getting looser to the point where there was pretty much no friction keeping the cable connected to the IEM at all, but because of the vertical pressure on the cable when wearing them it wasn't an issue.   

Bugger.

Rather hoping it's just fallen deeper into a box I've not checked yet, but chances are there's a person puzzled at the odd nobbly thing gracing the floor of their new flat :/

Is it not worth popping the new people in your old place a note and if possible a picture of your ciem in case it turns up?

Aug 26, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #4,240 of 5,310
this tends to be the issue for the westone/ue two prong connector, which is why Phil made the decision to move to the new connector which is a lot more secure. I got the BA1 at the same time as CE4, use the CE4 a lot more frequently, but the BA1 seems to have gotten looser despite the lack of use. CE4 remains as tight as the first day I got it.

Aug 27, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #4,244 of 5,310
Ouch, just seen the rush price go up to £100 from £40!  I guess that's cause they are busy with orders :)

Edit, price rise confirmed to deter rush orders as they are busy right now.  Turn around time is approximately 5-6 weeks.

Aug 27, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #4,245 of 5,310
OK folks, I think I am one of the first to get these :)

Here's my CE6P in a custom design, being a 'Stealth' look. Based on the angles you see on stealth fighters and finished in a translucent matt black finish.

I've only received them today, so haven't had a chance to give them a workout yet, but initial impressions of the sound are that it is stunning. Beautifully balanced to my ears, with just the right amount of bass, mids and trebles, soundstage is large and airy and separation is excellent. Clarity is excellent and I have them paired with a Fiio X5 playing FLAC files (16 bit) and the sound quality has blown me away. Without doubt, the best sound quality I have yet heard from anything I have listened to.

Will post back again in due course with further details regarding the sound, but all I can say at this point, is "Phil, you have excelled yourself".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back