Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Aug 16, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #4,201 of 5,310
  Oh all right. But the price differs and now the side that showed the CE2C now only shows 404 Not Found 
triportsad.gif

The price difference will be down to the change in wire and socket configuration.  CE have recently swopped from the standard westone 2 pin socket/cable that we all know and love to the newer t2 (like mmx ala shure but better apparantly) and linum (thinner with no memory wire, thank god) cable. Have you made an account with CE yet and requested the shop to be opened?  If not that's the next step that you'll have to take before ordering.  I still see BA2 on my order page and goes through fine.

Cheers

Aug 19, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #4,206 of 5,310
Yes (sent email sunday 9:25pm went to bed, got up next day to find a reply 5 minutes after the email had been sent!).

Aug 22, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #4,208 of 5,310
Requested it in the shop but not available yet to order.  Had been going for a ba2 but then figured that might not be a step up from the tf10 reshell I'm using, so now I'm torn which to order (price is also a factor!).  Which steampunk was yours again?  I think the one in black sets it off nicely.

Aug 22, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #4,210 of 5,310
Very nice.  Think my favourite is the black faceplate tf10 reshell (sorry).  I only tend to use (C)iems at work so don't need outright detail.  Just something that sounds decent and blocks the yakking will do me nicely...

Aug 23, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #4,213 of 5,310
Just got my SD2 re-shell from them - really really great job, fits really well, I was worried that it would go to deep in the ear canal but it is just perfect! The cable is much better ergonomically than either of the original or the replacement I got even if a bit more tangle prone. 

Now I don't know if it is the fit or the cable but I can hear even more details than with the universal SD2 and the bass has tightened a tiny bit more. The best point is though that female vocals are really sweet - listening to Ultraviolence and I have forgotten how nice the SD2 sound.

Thanks InEars and THANKS Phil for a re-shell job!

Now for the wait until the CE6.... Given the amazing fit of those I will definitely be first in line for those.

I will post a couple of pics later on when I get my XE1 charged.

Aug 23, 2014 at 5:05 AM Post #4,214 of 5,310
Nicely done.  Guessing due to the nature of SD-2's that these would be amongst the first to be reshelled.  Are these the ones that were done in against the climbing wall or am I confusing you with someone else?

Aug 23, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #4,215 of 5,310
  Nicely done.  Guessing due to the nature of SD-2's that these would be amongst the first to be reshelled.  Are these the ones that were done in against the climbing wall or am I confusing you with someone else?

Yes they are the SD2 that were obliterated on a climbing wall! :) Will post some pics later although they are just light smoke shell through and through! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back