Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Aug 23, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #4,216 of 5,310
Couple of quick pics - they sound amazing and look really cool - love the clear shell with the deep colour of the cables inside! Though still the best part is the sound and the cable! Worn behind the ear you don't even feel it is there, it does not get in the way and the length is just about right for me. Really happy with Phil's job.

Aug 23, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #4,217 of 5,310
Nice to see photos of them, if there was something I could change it would be MORE PHOTOS of peoples CIEMS, I really enjoy seeing other peoples design choices.

They look good, glad you're enjoying them. That cable is truly awesome, especially with sunglasses etc.

Aug 23, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #4,218 of 5,310
  Nice to see photos of them, if there was something I could change it would be MORE PHOTOS of peoples CIEMS, I really enjoy seeing other peoples design choices.

They look good, glad you're enjoying them. That cable is truly awesome, especially with sunglasses etc.

Yes I didn't want something too fancy for my first CIEM, wanted to make sure I get along with them, and get a feel for the material. Now that I know I also know what I want for my CE6 :)

Aug 23, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #4,220 of 5,310
   I really enjoy seeing other peoples design choices.

I have one pair of Steam Punk, one Cosmic Purple pair, One Blue pair and I have had an orange pair and a blue/orange set. My next pair, I'm hoping for the CE8E, will be plain, like the Fitear ones. I think. Are you reading, Phil?
wink.gif

Aug 23, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #4,221 of 5,310

I have one pair of Steam Punk, one Cosmic Purple pair, One Blue pair and I have had an orange pair and a blue/orange set. My next pair, I'm hoping for the CE8E, will be plain, like the Fitear ones. I think. Are you reading, Phil?
wink.gif

Any chance of some pics?

Aug 23, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #4,222 of 5,310
  They look stunning.  How's the isolation?

Really rather good. I opted for the comfortable as opposed to the tight fit because I wear them at work and need to take em off quickly some times. Having said that, they isolate better than my HF5 or the SD2 as universals no matter what kind of tip I chose. 

Sound leakage is non existent from what my better half says but I don't tend to listen to very high volumes anyway.

BTW just wore them with my glasses for half an hour - the cable is a revelation for glass wearers, it just does not get on the way like every other over the ear cable I have had (I am looking at you Shure 535 stock cable..... with those it was either the music or the glasses). It does tangle easily though but that is a relatively small price to pay!

Aug 23, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #4,223 of 5,310

Really rather good. I opted for the comfortable as opposed to the tight fit because I wear them at work and need to take em off quickly some times. Having said that, they isolate better than my HF5 or the SD2 as universals no matter what kind of tip I chose. 

Sound leakage is non existent from what my better half says but I don't tend to listen to very high volumes anyway.

BTW just wore them with my glasses for half an hour - the cable is a revelation for glass wearers, it just does not get on the way like every other over the ear cable I have had (I am looking at you Shure 535 stock cable..... with those it was either the music or the glasses). It does tangle easily though but that is a relatively small price to pay!

Good choice.  On the prefit I had originally for my tf10 I chose maximum length and to say it felt uncomfortable was an understatement!

Enjoy

Aug 24, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #4,225 of 5,310
Mostly he does reshells of BA earphones but he also offers hybrid designs so I don't think dynamics would be a problem. But I would recommend emailing him as he should respond to that faster.

Speaking of reshells, didn't someone get a JH-13 reshelled? How did the freqphase hold up, since it's based on the length and shape of the bores?

Aug 25, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #4,226 of 5,310
Ahem. After being on a posting hiatus for a while because of my studies, I've just received word that Santa's dropping by very very very very soon :D Just had to pop by to share this with all you guys
No prizes for guessing what model this is. A work of art as usual Phil, a work of art. This will officially be my fourth pair of CE customs (BA1, CE4, Reshelled Jh16s). Here are some photos courtesy of the artist himself. Done in Sexy Smoke :D

(image missing)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back