Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Jul 16, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #4,126 of 5,310
  Whilst not hearing any of the models you have mentioned, if you like the demo enough of the ba4 then the custom version by default should obviously be an improvement in terms of comfort at least!

The are more convenient is clear to me , but then I still do not know how they listen as Custom accurate.

Demos with normal silicone or rubber plugs = scrap.  With dual flanges = ok, and with triple flanges = good* (only one i got good seal, but hurts in ear)

BA4 demos with tiple-flages = 7/10
JH-16 FQ demos with normal plugs = 9.5/10
Roxanne demos with triple = 9/10 sound and -10/10 for pain :wink: (impossible that they sold so as universals, they are so big und unconvortable)

PS: BA4 with Fiio Kilimansharo fixes the "problem" with bass a little. Friend has lent me his today, nice toy for the price, too
PPS: Sorry for the grammar. Machine translated, my english is not the best.

*That problem i got with the most universals, only not with westone (dont like the sound) and TF10 (pain like hell)
Tomorrow i got special price for jh-16 from  my dealer, then i know what i buy^^

Jul 17, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #4,128 of 5,310
Does anyone know the thickness of the acryllic layer of the canal tips of the CE4? The reason I ask is, 'cause I'd like to let an audiologist take a little bit of the tip to make it smaller. Would that be a problem?

The thickness of the that depends on your earcanal. Plus, if your audiologist would make it smaller your CIEM would not fit and sound would be bad.
I can't see any good reason to do that

Jul 17, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #4,129 of 5,310
Does anyone know the thickness of the acryllic layer of the canal tips of the CE4? The reason I ask is, 'cause I'd like to let an audiologist take a little bit of the tip to make it smaller. Would that be a problem?

If you are not sure on fit then best bet is to get a set of impressions made as normal and use the prefit service. You may get lucky and get a good fit straight away. If not you can work with Phil to see what needs adjusting.

Cheers

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #4,130 of 5,310
Man, when you just leave Cosmic Ears to do their thing, it really pays off. You've all seen those CE2C I posted of mines, but my resehell BA4 has just shipped and my god did they do an EPIC job. I'll now have two sets of absolutely beautiful CIEMS. THANK YOU COSMIC EARS!

Jul 17, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #4,131 of 5,310
Indeed they are. My reshelled TF10's were the prototype for this design. Photos do not do the Steampunk/junk designs justice. When you see them in the flesh you are going to be really pleased. As you say, it's intricate, time consuming work and I think looks great when it's done. It's Philtastic ! :)

Is there any chance of seeing a photo of yours when you get a chance? There aren't many user uploaded photos here or on cosmics user upload page and I really enjoy seeing other peoples CIEM designs.

Jul 18, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #4,132 of 5,310
  Also curious how the new CE4P/E differ from the BA4R/F. I was led to believe that the two were the same, but I saw recent photos, and the CE4E looks like it uses completely different drivers from the original BA4R/F.

Doaes it means when i buy now an BA4 there have other drivers then in 1 month the one twith name change to CE4E?

Do you have a link for these pictures?

Jul 18, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #4,133 of 5,310
  Do you have a link for these pictures?

This is daftpolecat's BA4 from February.
It uses a 1723WT03 + 33AJ007i/9.

This is AManAnd88Keys' CE4 from June.
It uses a TWFK (has an integrated capacitor) for its mids and highs.
You can't see the woofers here, but they're different as well.

Of course, I've heard neither variant, but just on account of driver changes, there will be differences in the sound (timbre, presentation, ADSR, etc.); my assumption is that the FR tuning is similar, but it's impossible for the two to be exactly the same.

Even throughout the course of the BA4 development, it was tweaked. I've heard that the BA4 underwent a number of changes. It's possible the CE4 will undergo changes as well, but I couldn't possibly predict what those changes are.

Jul 18, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #4,134 of 5,310

This is AManAnd88Keys' CE4 from June.

Actually, it's a BA4. It underwent minor tweaking while I was discussing details with Phil, I still have the graphs if I am not mistaken. I only put the "CE4" in my review to allow some orientation, as BA4 is not how Cosmic calls that model these days.

Jul 18, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #4,137 of 5,310
  that new connector looks really beautiful and match the wood.

I like TF10,JH13fp and Rock music. which model should i get?

Not the BA4. I love the TF-10 and JH-16FQ, you will miss much bass.
But for the Price, i order me an BA4 (with luck the CE6E proction start @ waiting time
and then can i hope uograde when my is not in build

After one week i miss the BA4 more then the Roxanne Demos.
So something makes the BA4 right :wink:

Edit: About the T2 connector. Its the same pin that Westone and Shure uses at time?

Jul 19, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #4,138 of 5,310
AFAIK the new equivalent of BA4r may have a different tunning, in particular in the upper high region so it is probable that new driver will be used for highs (if this is the case as I understand it accupass driver may be removed?).

Jul 20, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #4,140 of 5,310
It's holidays!
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back