Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Jul 12, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #4,112 of 5,310
Ok , I need help at a decision. I have tested the following week IEM:

JH Audio Roxanne : Very good, but the demos you get little tight and uncomfortable as hell.
But i find the JH-16 better. The Roxanne have much bass, but complete different.

JH -16 Freqphase : Perfect! Made mine design
or
and are on buy button, but got BA4 Demos today

Cosmic Ears BA4 : Also hard to get a Seal. With tripple plugs, they hears very good, but hurts after 20 Minutes.
So those things are better than the UE -11 Pro and almost equivalent to the JH-11 Pro (as far as my memory goes. 4 years ago... ). I'm missing something bass.

For the price from one JH-16 i got three from them (ok two with steampunk and some specials)

Non -custom :
Fischer Amps FA-3E XB: Better TF10 , comfortable and sounds very similar
Fischer Amps FA-4E XB : Like better FA3
Shure SE 535 : Not my taste
Westone UM 30 Pro: Not my taste

So, Anybody got an BA5 or tested the BA6 and can compare it with an JH-11, JH-16, BA4?
BA5 have more bass, but so deep like JH-16? Or waiting for the BA6....

I dont want spent 1200€ for JH-16 :wink:

Only headfonia has a cosmic ears ce6e and ba4f comparison as the 6 driver isn't out yet. I suggest you ask them.

Good luck

Jul 12, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #4,113 of 5,310
Regarding the CE6: headfonia reviewed the E version, which I understand to mean enhanced. Does this imply a bassier version? The P is professional; is the P version more neutral/linear? If so, how neutral is it supposed to be?

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #4,116 of 5,310
well the text says it all: Our monitors aren't, this is a one off special. that means this specific pair of monitors are waterproof. But all the rest isn't

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #4,117 of 5,310
  well the text says it all: Our monitors aren't, this is a one off special. that means this specific pair of monitors are waterproof. But all the rest isn't

That ambiguous meaning though :x

It could also mean that this situation is special, it is never explicitly said that the monitor itself is waterproof.
Not that it matters too much, because that second part of the last sentence is not ambiguous at all "Don't try this at home".

Jul 14, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #4,118 of 5,310
I have a feeling you will be convinced about the waterproof CIEMs soon
wink.gif

Jul 14, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #4,120 of 5,310
  Also curious how the new CE4P/E differ from the BA4R/F. I was led to believe that the two were the same, but I saw recent photos, and the CE4E looks like it uses completely different drivers from the original BA4R/F.

It's a pretty dynamic situation at Cosmic Ears (no pun about hybrids intended!) and Phil is constantly tweaking stuff, redesigning, etc. Once the lab situation is finalized, I suspect he will settle down a bit and nail down the actual line up. Until then, who knows?

Jul 14, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #4,121 of 5,310
  Also curious how the new CE4P/E differ from the BA4R/F. I was led to believe that the two were the same, but I saw recent photos, and the CE4E looks like it uses completely different drivers from the original BA4R/F.

That's interesting, on my quest to decide if I am going for the CE6P or CE6E I asked for a demo of the BA4 to check bass as I don't want something too bass heavy so now I am wondering if that comparison is even relevant. 

Having said that, both Headfonia (that reviewed the BA4F and the CE6E) and Phil seemed to pass on the same message, that the CE6 has similar signature to the BA4 but does everything a bit better. 

Jul 16, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #4,122 of 5,310
So I was browsing the CE website and I clicked the BA5 page to find it stated as in stock and being able to select design options. Upon further enquiry I'm told that drivers for the BA5 are due in on the 28th of this month and it will be available from then!

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #4,125 of 5,310
  Also, those are all real watch parts, I did not realise this.

Indeed they are. My reshelled TF10's were the prototype for this design. Photos do not do the Steampunk/junk designs justice. When you see them in the flesh you are going to be really pleased. As you say, it's intricate, time consuming work and I think looks great when it's done. It's Philtastic ! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back