Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Jun 5, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #4,037 of 5,310

I think massively overpriced daps are exactly that, massively overpriced dacs nothing to get too excited about. However I am really looking forward to their review of the CE6P, as I might skip reshelling my SD2s and go for a CE4 or depending on the review a CE6 :D

Anyone looking for a not massively overpriced DAP that makes a sublime pairing with CE's IEM's need look no further than the Fiio X5. Astonishingly good and paired with CE's HY3 is a perfect marriage. Haven't had to even touch the EQ, everything is just perfectly balanced :)

Jun 5, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #4,039 of 5,310

Anyone looking for a not massively overpriced DAP that makes a sublime pairing with CE's IEM's need look no further than the Fiio X5. Astonishingly good and paired with CE's HY3 is a perfect marriage. Haven't had to even touch the EQ, everything is just perfectly balanced :)

According to some the fiio x3's new firmware update 3.0 brings the x3 90% closer to the 5.  So if anyone is on a budget then that's another option.  Me I'm still touting my trusty clip plus and ipod classic.

Jun 5, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #4,041 of 5,310

According to some the fiio x3's new firmware update 3.0 brings the x3 90% closer to the 5.  So if anyone is on a budget then that's another option.  Me I'm still touting my trusty clip plus and ipod classic.

I have the X3 too, and tonally they are different beasts. The X3 is warm and smooth, typical of its Wolfson DAC and the X5 has much improved clarity and soundstage over the X3 and much more balanced sound.

Don't get me wrong, I love the X3 and think it is excellent value for money, producing a quality sound, but for me there is no doubt that the X5 is a superior sound and that's not me just trying to justify my purchase 
biggrin.gif

Jun 6, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #4,042 of 5,310

I would have to confirm this. I've been playing with the X5 and the CE4E the last weeks and it is a great combo. I used to have an ipod/2Stepdance combination, but I haven't touch that since I got the X5. It sounds so very detailed that I heard sounds I had never noticed before in songs that I've known for many (and unfortunately that's a lot....) years. I'll post a review somewhere in the next week.

Jun 6, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #4,043 of 5,310
Any update on the HY5? aka CE5H (New naming scheme?)

Jun 6, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #4,045 of 5,310
I want to hear my beloved um3x again, now CE3x xDD. 2 months without them, but don't bothers me, because only looking at the quality of the prefits I'm getting anxious hahahaha xD

Will post my impressions soon, I hope.

Phil... Engage the turbo xDD

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #4,050 of 5,310
Close to a YEAR? How so?

Mostly due to the way I was working last year. Very spontaneous job offerngs which involve me having to leave the state I am in but I have restablized in California now and plan to be here for a while so Ixm hoping that once the new lab gets opened up that thngs will become a fluid motion omce more.

I know right but no worries here I'm highly patient of only slightly antzy for it hehe got me an amp and DAP in the mean time so no all a loss my current universals aren't too shabby but I desire better and I'm itching to try BA's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back