Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Feb 22, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #3,617 of 5,310

Probably a model with dynamic driver.. HY3 comes to my mind first.. You can also wait for HY5 too..

Maybe Phil himself can help you too or other users with more CE experience.

You could also wait for the BA5 to be released, its supposed to have a more v-shaped sound signature, which probably means pretty good bass, not sure if its true though...

Feb 23, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #3,618 of 5,310

Probably a model with dynamic driver.. HY3 comes to my mind first.. You can also wait for HY5 too..

Maybe Phil himself can help you too or other users with more CE experience.

The HY3 is currently out of stock and the HY5 wont be anytime soon, plus it sounds a little bit too expensive for me tbh. :frowning2:

Feb 25, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #3,620 of 5,310
  Hi.

I have to buy a new iems (I lost it), I find this thread about Cosmic Ears and they catch my attention.

I used Shure 535, I liked much them. I am among Shure 536, Westone 4R/40 or Cosmic Ears BA4/HY3.

My doubts is about sound quality, are the Comisc Ears in sound quality better, similar or worst than Shure 535? What is more balanced BA4 or HY3? 

Thanks.

I've only listened to the 535 for a bit, but I did like the BA4 more. I'm not sure if I even used the right tips, but my BA4 does sound a bit more clear.
Since I own the fun version, I'd say the reference version would definitely win on the clarity part against the 535. 

Then again, you can always try the 535s, and return them if you don't like them (if that store would allow it). 

Feb 26, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #3,623 of 5,310
Usually when you hear the term "vented bass driver" it refers to the driver itself, which vents internally in the CIEM shell. Most of them don't require an actual vent in the shell itself. When you see a port in the shell, it usually means you're dealing with a dynamic driver design, which needs the airflow. So Futursonics needs a vent, and hybrids like the Unique Melody Merlin do as well, but not designs with vented armature drivers.

Feb 26, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #3,624 of 5,310
I'm coming from SE215s, which I find a tad bass heavy (though I also have DT770s and HD598s), would one of the three driver models (BA or Hybrid) be a significant improvement over what I have or would I need to go further up?

Essentially, the reason for getting a new pair is that I find foam tips relatively uncomfortable for long periods and the silicone tips both don't provide a good enough seal and leak a tad much for me, in addition to them being a tad bass heavy, but I figure I might as well upgrade at the same time if I can. 

Being located in Ireland, CE is near enough that getting customs shouldn't be that inconvenient. 

Feb 26, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #3,625 of 5,310
  Usually when you hear the term "vented bass driver" it refers to the driver itself, which vents internally in the CIEM shell. Most of them don't require an actual vent in the shell itself. When you see a port in the shell, it usually means you're dealing with a dynamic driver design, which needs the airflow. So Futursonics needs a vent, and hybrids like the Unique Melody Merlin do as well, but not designs with vented armature drivers.

Thanks a lot, this is way better explanation. Thumbs up for project86.

Feb 27, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #3,628 of 5,310
The website is super confusing...

You can ask to be put on a waiting list and be contacted when they're ready to take orders if you aren't logged in, but once you do you just request them to enable the shop or something and then you can order normally?

Cheers though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back