Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Feb 17, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #4,591 of 5,310
CE10P is a fairly recent discovery, was seen when the demo page went up. 
It's all we've seen of it, no store listings etc or Facebook posts

Indeed, i contacted phil regarding this and he hasn't answered me yet.

I'm still looking around for my 2nd ciem currently, and would be nice if CE10P would come out on time, even if it means a leap of faith.

Feb 17, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #4,594 of 5,310
I'm loving my 6, but it do is better than my CE4. So I'm sure the CE10 will be better than the 6.
I agree it's not just about the number of drivers, but then again it's only logic you can get more out of 10 drivers than you can out of 4 or 6.

Feb 17, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #4,595 of 5,310
I'm loving my 6, but it do is better than my CE4. So I'm sure the CE10 will be better than the 6.
I agree it's not just about the number of drivers, but then again it's only logic you can get more out of 10 drivers than you can out of 4 or 6.

In my humble opinion, I agree. While one driver could prove just as potent as 10; 10 drivers would hopethetically be much easier to tune and assign to frequency ranges rather than divying up a single to do verything range. But alas I am no engineer. At least not yet.

Feb 17, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #4,596 of 5,310

From what I've read more drivers doesn't necessarily mean "better" sound, CE6 not cut it?

It's true that it doesn't mean better sound. But given the budget and the timing of the buying, I'd rather wait for CE10P. I would love to have a taste of cosmicears, and if it's possible I wanna give their flagship a go.

I do read positive feedbacks from CE6, but I believe that Phil would give his best for his flagship to top it :)

Feb 17, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #4,597 of 5,310
Yeah, with Phil behind it I'm sure it will be a good jump up from the CE6, I just think it may be a while before it comes out.

I love my BA4 and personally the only upgrade I'd make is to the CE6, although I'm sure I won't be saying that if I ever hear a CE10...

Feb 17, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #4,599 of 5,310
  I will make sure I get to demo it once demo units are available! :)

Yeah, with Phil behind it I'm sure it will be a good jump up from the CE6, I just think it may be a while before it comes out.

I love my BA4 and personally the only upgrade I'd make is to the CE6, although I'm sure I won't be saying that if I ever hear a CE10...

I was also thinking about getting CE6P, but just now I decided to get a Roxanne for my 2nd CIEM (somehow).
and if the CE10P would come out in the very very right timing, I'd take the plunge for my (coming) 3rd CIEM.

Anyway, is the CE10P demo not yet available? Anyway, tell us what you hear as soon as you have it 
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #4,600 of 5,310
I don't think it is although it appears on the demo site. I absolutely love the CE6P so I am intrigued of the differences/improvements that it might bring. Even if it comes out I would like to first have an iDSD Micro and maybe a Cayin N6 to pair it with and see what it does with those.

Feb 27, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #4,605 of 5,310
is there recent an overview of CIEM's in the $500 range comparing against the CE6E to others? The other threads look to be a least a year old.  Or maybe suggest for me alternatives? I'm looking for more a V sig and good bass (not a basshead mind, but impactful bass for sure)...  Am in the UK so thinking Cosmic Ears at this stage to avoid importing charges.  My fav looking for sure is the steampunk too!

About to pull trigger on demo unit too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back