Copy Cat !!!
Mar 17, 2011 at 7:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Dennis

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone realize that Fanny Wang headphones are just copying Monster headphones???

Honestly, I think that's shameful.

Stealing one's design and make an advertisement on this forum......... Unacceptable.....

What do u guys think?

Mar 17, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 23
Well, undeniably, monster headphones' designs are quite Gd although the sound quality sucks.

But that's at least better than Fanny Wang......

I hate the one who only knows how to copy other's designs and claim it's new design or it's an upgrade version of the original one.

Mar 17, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #4 of 23
adn yet the FW get mild love on here.

Mar 17, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #5 of 23
Well, if you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

Products that sell because of marketing rather than inherent quality are always more vulnerable to being copied.

Mar 17, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #7 of 23
Does anyone realize that Fanny Wang headphones are just copying Monster headphones???

Stealing one's design and make an advertisement on this forum......... Unacceptable.....

What do u guys think?

I complete agree, it be something different if they came up with there own design. Its lame they even allowed this on the forum. I sure sooner or later, they gonna copy other headphone makers designs too.

Mar 17, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #8 of 23

What do u guys think?

I complete agree, it be something different if they came up with there own design. Its lame they even allowed this on the forum. I sure sooner or later, they gonna copy other headphone makers designs too.

Totally agree!

Fanny Wang's headphones = Crap

Mar 17, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #9 of 23

Quote:
adn yet the FW get mild love on here.

I think it's pathetic how headfiers support anything that is against the Beats. I would honestly pay $300 for Beats if I was to choose between the two, especially when we're talking about portable use.

But if they become successful, good for them. I see they're available at Amazon now.

Mar 17, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #10 of 23
Quick question, has anyone in this thread actually herd them? or are they assuming because they used the beats design they are every bit as bad?

Mar 18, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #13 of 23
Quick question, has anyone in this thread actually herd them? or are they assuming because they used the beats design they are every bit as bad?

I not like the op who based their sound quailty off what they look like,I never heard them. I sure they prolly sound good I also wouldnt mind hearing them. Tho I wouldnt by them as it be supporting their copy cat idea, just like I wouldnt buy any knock offs or fake supporting that company idea to copy another. I wouldnt buy the original beats solo, But I would rather buy the originals then the headphones that trying to be them.

The issue is them taking another headphone design and change it a tad with a texture and getting away with marketing a copy cat on the forum.,it makes it look as head-fi sponsor program dont mind helping companys with copy cat get there products out. If companies see this working here. What to stop another company or the same from. Makign Copy cats AKG,Sennisher, so forth and trying to market them here like they doing there current copy cat headphones.

It be like make taking my AKGs 702 remove the drivers from it and put ones that could be better or worst in them. Then repaint it red or orange then change the AKG logo to a bird then market them all over the forums as my own design or whatever you get the idea.

Mar 18, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #14 of 23

Quote:
Quote:

. What to stop another company or the same from. Makign Copy cats AKG,Sennisher, so forth and trying to market them here like they doing there current copy cat headphones.

have you ever heard of superlux?

Mar 18, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #15 of 23
have you ever heard of superlux?

Well I heard the name a few times around the forum, But I did search for them and saw they have headphones which looks exactly like AKGs. Tho I just remembered seeing some PreSonus which looks just like AKG 240 Mks with a blue outline theme. So pretty much too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back