Contour XO- L-Acoustics - Jerry Harvey collaboration
Oct 29, 2020 at 4:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

Sound Eq

Headphoneus Supremus
Contour XO Limited Edition
The Ultimate Answer for Your Ears

Contour XO in-ear monitors combine the efforts of two pro audio industry award-winning innovators: JH Audio and LAcoustics. If you want the perfect reference IEM for the LAcoustics sonic signature on stage, at the mixing desk, in studio, or on the move, Contour XO is the answer.

These newly designed universal in-ear monitors bring you intimately inside the music thanks to 10 balanced armature drivers with 3-way crossover in a quad low, dual mid, and quad high configuration. Furthermore, Contour XO puts you in control of the low end with bass adjustment of up to 15 dB above flat response.

Whether performing, mixing, or just listening, you will hear accurate, distortion-free reproduction with JH Audio Soundrive™ technology built to handle extreme dynamics to deliver the intense emotional impact of live music. Further enhanced by Freqphase™, Contour XO ensures precision timing across the frequency spectrum, fulfilling the sound source coherency requirements of LAcoustics Wavefront Sculpture Technology (WST).

https://l-acoustics-creations.com/collaborations/contour-xo-by-jhaudio/

L-Acoustics-Creations_Contour-XO_Main-page.jpg

Jan 3, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #4 of 59
Really interested to hear some impressions on these and how they compare soundwise to the rest of the JH line.

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #5 of 59
There are some reviews online on their YouTube channel (which of course are biased) but no frequency response. I asked them about it but they don't have it, very strange.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #6 of 59
has anyone here bought this yet? I'm still hoping to see some "real world" reviews

Mar 6, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #7 of 59
has anyone here bought this yet? I'm still hoping to see some "real world" reviews
I have them and they sound pretty damn impressive. I love live area like sound as I listen to alot of live Christian music recordings and live shows.
I have always wanted something that sounds like a good line array
And these are the closest that I've ever heard an earphone to sounding like line array speakers.

The mids are very smooth and the highs are very dynamic and edgy. For my tastes, the treble is spicy and hot 'enough' to Mimic the dynamism of a line array. But at the same time not fatiguing.

Mar 8, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #8 of 59
I have them and they sound pretty damn impressive. I love live area like sound as I listen to alot of live Christian music recordings and live shows.
I have always wanted something that sounds like a good line array
And these are the closest that I've ever heard an earphone to sounding like line array speakers.

The mids are very smooth and the highs are very dynamic and edgy. For my tastes, the treble is spicy and hot 'enough' to Mimic the dynamism of a line array. But at the same time not fatiguing.
could you describe the highs a bit more, please? especially compared to layla/roxanne, if you have them, and maybe the z1r and u18+? and how is the detail/resolution? I'm looking into the controur xo and now the jolene, but it seems the jolene have a "smooth" laid back high and not as detailed as say the layla, per the other thread.

Mar 8, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #9 of 59
could you describe the highs a bit more, please? especially compared to layla/roxanne, if you have them, and maybe the z1r and u18+? and how is the detail/resolution? I'm looking into the controur xo and now the jolene, but it seems the jolene have a "smooth" laid back high and not as detailed as say the layla, per the other thread.

I feel the Contour and Jolene would compliment each other, super dynamic contour to super chill Jolene.

Kinda need both too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back