Contour XO- L-Acoustics - Jerry Harvey collaboration
Mar 31, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #16 of 59
Interesting videos. Obviously its pretty difficult to compare the sound of these IEMs from a youtube video sitting here listening on my Laylas lol but never the less I was a little surprised how similar the Roxanne and XO sounded and i kind of thought Roxanne sounded a bit better. I was intrigued with the XO when it came out but worried how redundant it would be with already owning Layla and Roxanne plus I wasn't crazy about the lack of shell customization. Now with Jolene I'm pretty certain that's the direction I'll be going anyway.

Mar 31, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #17 of 59
I expected the Contour to react the way the Roxanne does with the bass EQ, if I could have the Contour mid and high with Roxanne low and bass EQ response I think that may be the Jolene lol. Still kinda want both Contour and Jolene though. Actually would want the Contour signature shell and Jolene I’m happy with the free signature design. Still can’t afford either...

Jun 7, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #19 of 59
So I have ordered the Contour XO's! I'm looking forward to giving these a proper listen and review.

Jun 21, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #22 of 59
I just got a pair and the sound is pretty impressive, especially when I am listening to live rock music. I can hear all the instruments clearly and the vocal is sitting among all instruments.
nice! how's the fit? did you get uni or custom? how is it with non-live? or please just write a whole review! :smile:

Jun 28, 2021 at 5:54 AM Post #23 of 59
nice! how's the fit? did you get uni or custom? how is it with non-live? or please just write a whole review! :smile:
I got uni as there's no way for me to get custom in Hong Kong. The fit is ok but not the best, maybe my ears are a bit small, so not the perfect fitting if compared with all IEMs of Vision Ears that I have had. I feel a bit loose (just the feeling only) but actually my Contour XO has never fallen off my ears and they can Isolated the noise well.

I am afraid that my English writing skill is not good enough to write a long and perfect review. But, for live music records, it really sounds like listening the live music performances.

The overall sounds good and clear, especially when I am listening to the drum performance.

Jul 3, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #24 of 59
B2B3EF6C-1C59-4D81-9D49-0A4EE753A18F.jpeg

Jul 3, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #25 of 59
The wait is over. I finally have my Contour XO’s!
I must say that the initial impression with these is that they do sound speaker like. There is this nicely dampened quality to their sound. Like listening to a good 2.1 system in a acoustically treated room.
The Sub-Bass and Bass is speedy with very nice decay yet has solidity. The mids are articulate, detailed, and open. I am sensitive to sibilance and am happy to report that the upper mids are resolving without being fatiguing by way of not emphasizing the presence region. The treble is perhaps the biggest surprise for me. I owned the Angie’s and found them to be mid centric with a nice bass foundation but rolled off sub-bass. The lower treble/upper mids could be hot at times and left me feeling a bit fatigued due to sibilance. The Angies did not have any airy sound to them though. They were detailed and intimate sounding which is expected of a mid centric sound profile but I always craved that last bit of air around my music. The Contour XO’s have silky well extended treble I have been searching for. So I feel like I am hearing the total body of work from my music.
These are just my first impressions of course and am still fiddling with the Bass Attenuation and comparing them to some other iem’s I love which are the Campfire Ara and the DITA Audio Answer (Truth Edition). So far these are very capable and resolving in a musical way.

Jul 3, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #26 of 59
The wait is over. I finally have my Contour XO’s!
I must say that the initial impression with these is that they do sound speaker like. There is this nicely dampened quality to their sound. Like listening to a good 2.1 system in a acoustically treated room.
The Sub-Bass and Bass is speedy with very nice decay yet has solidity. The mids are articulate, detailed, and open. I am sensitive to sibilance and am happy to report that the upper mids are resolving without being fatiguing by way of not emphasizing the presence region. The treble is perhaps the biggest surprise for me. I owned the Angie’s and found them to be mid centric with a nice bass foundation but rolled off sub-bass. The lower treble/upper mids could be hot at times and left me feeling a bit fatigued due to sibilance. The Angies did not have any airy sound to them though. They were detailed and intimate sounding which is expected of a mid centric sound profile but I always craved that last bit of air around my music. The Contour XO’s have silky well extended treble I have been searching for. So I feel like I am hearing the total body of work from my music.
These are just my first impressions of course and am still fiddling with the Bass Attenuation and comparing them to some other iem’s I love which are the Campfire Ara and the DITA Audio Answer (Truth Edition). So far these are very capable and resolving in a musical way.
very nice! have you tried any other JH IEMs before besides the Angies? I still have these on my radar since universal Jolenes are M.I.A. so far.

Jul 3, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #27 of 59
very nice! have you tried any other JH IEMs before besides the Angies? I still have these on my radar since universal Jolenes are M.I.A. so far.
Thanks. No I haven’t tried any other JH iem’s. TBH I’m a Campfire Audio fanboy. I just couldn’t resist hearing what JH Audio could accomplish with the L-Acoustics contour requiring a further extension in the treble than any other iem iteration that they had made previously. While at the same time getting that “live sound” bass right. I figured if I didn’t like the bass initially, that I could shape it to my liking so that it was a win win. Luckily the bass has not been disappointing.
I too was interested in a Jolene Uni. I won’t ever get a custom because I like to share my iem’s with the wifey and close friends for awesome listening sessions. So maybe one day we’ll see. As it stands the Contour XO does compliment my collection nicely.

Jul 3, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #28 of 59
Thanks. No I haven’t tried any other JH iem’s. TBH I’m a Campfire Audio fanboy. I just couldn’t resist hearing what JH Audio could accomplish with the L-Acoustics contour requiring a further extension in the treble than any other iem iteration that they had made previously. While at the same time getting that “live sound” bass right. I figured if I didn’t like the bass initially, that I could shape it to my liking so that it was a win win. Luckily the bass has not been disappointing.
I too was interested in a Jolene Uni. I won’t ever get a custom because I like to share my iem’s with the wifey and close friends for awesome listening sessions. So maybe one day we’ll see. As it stands the Contour XO does compliment my collection nicely.
contour has the bass knob as well right? what setting do you keep it at?

Jul 3, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #29 of 59
contour has the bass knob as well right? what setting do you keep it at?
Yes.

I’m actually going to be attempting to dial in the bass response as close as I possibly can to that of my Audeze LCD-X.
My plan is to use the Chord Mojo as a DAC only. Being that the Mojo has two line level 3.5mm out, each will be connected to my 2 Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbons V1 & V2. From there I will volume match, select some reference tracks as well as sub-bass/Bass sine sweeps and see where the bass dials end up at. Gotta love this crazy hobby!!! Hahaha

Jul 4, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #30 of 59
man, now i'm tempted by these too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back