Contour XO- L-Acoustics - Jerry Harvey collaboration
Dec 1, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #46 of 59
They just arrived really powerful midrange with a lot of energy great match for chord mojo 2, a clean midrange with a lot of space for live album, excellent layering,and separation, my favorite iem

Congrats! Any more impressions with more time in?

Have owned several and auditioned for a variety of TOTL IEMs. The Contour XO, In my opinion, is still the best IEM if all you looking for is the precision of instruments' positions, detail retrieval capability, separation, layering, soundstage, and a highly energetic sound signature. The Contour XO is so good that none of the IEMs I've heard surpasses the Contour XO in any of the mentioned fronts, except the soundstage width which I would give the crown to the IER-Z1R.

That's an awesome thing to say about them! Thanks for more feedback!

Dec 25, 2022 at 7:27 AM Post #47 of 59
Thanks. No I haven’t tried any other JH iem’s. TBH I’m a Campfire Audio fanboy. I just couldn’t resist hearing what JH Audio could accomplish with the L-Acoustics contour requiring a further extension in the treble than any other iem iteration that they had made previously. While at the same time getting that “live sound” bass right. I figured if I didn’t like the bass initially, that I could shape it to my liking so that it was a win win. Luckily the bass has not been disappointing.
I too was interested in a Jolene Uni. I won’t ever get a custom because I like to share my iem’s with the wifey and close friends for awesome listening sessions. So maybe one day we’ll see. As it stands the Contour XO does compliment my collection nicely.
How do you compare it to solaris?

Mar 15, 2023 at 4:00 AM Post #49 of 59
This IEM deserves more attention!

May 7, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #52 of 59
I ordered the XO now. I found a coupon on one of the coupon pages, that actually worked, 10% off, it's MCOLIN10, so i paid 1463,70€ incl VAT instead of 1606,50€ incl VAT. In case one of you is thinking about ordering...
Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-07 um 19.47.01.png

update: i thought i have to wait 4-6 weeks. But it's already on the way with fedex...

Last edited:
May 7, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #53 of 59
I could not find out, if the Contour XO is shipping from France or from UK - do you guys know?
thank you
Contour XOs are shipped to Vietnam from England, I also remembered reading a post saying L' acoustics Creations is located at England also

May 7, 2023 at 11:07 PM Post #54 of 59
I ordered the XO now. I found a coupon on one of the coupon pages, that actually worked, 10% off, it's MCOLIN10, so i paid 1463,70€ incl VAT instead of 1606,50€ incl VAT. In case one of you is thinking about ordering...Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-07 um 19.47.01.png
Cool, congrats, hope that you're going to like it like me selling all others highly regarded TOTL iems because none of them could come even close to my Contour XO at least with my preferences.

May 7, 2023 at 11:15 PM Post #55 of 59
Can one of the owners compare them to either IE600 or IE900?

thank you
I had a brief demo of the IE600 and IE900 a while ago. From what I remember, both IEMs from Sennheiser sound thin with weaker dynamic compared to the Contour XO leading a less musical bass and midrange. However, the treble responses on the Sennheiser brothers are shaped really well, very energetic without being harsh. In general, still could not hold a candle to the Contour XO

May 8, 2023 at 7:06 AM Post #56 of 59
@HunqVux: thank you for your comments on the CONTOUR XO, they also were a reason to make me having a second and third look at the Contour XO:wink:

i just hope you are wrong with the shipping location and they ship from France. Would make sense, as payment has to be done in € and the adress on the page is in France.
we will see...

Last edited:
May 15, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #57 of 59
I got the Contour Xo already , i was expecting it would take the 4-6 weeks as announced on the homepage.
BUT... could it be they are shipping refubished items? There are 2 earpieces missing and 2 are different make.
On the photo you see all the earpieces that were in the box.

Attachments

• IMG_20230515_171139.jpg
    IMG_20230515_171139.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 0
Jun 11, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #58 of 59
After some time now i just want to briefly report my experiences so far. Meanwhile i got the correct tips from L'Acoustics and the foam ones, size M, do it for me for now really well. As for the sound: the best headphones i head so far were DT1990Pro and many years ago i had second hand STAX. So here are my pros and cons:

- separation, stage very good, depth is good enough for me, maby it could be deeper, but i would need othere IEMs to compare then.
- frequency spectrum very good balanced, bass tight (trimmers on 3.05 o clock) high energetic but not shrill, mids very good, overall
emotional without exaggerating, not artificially overblown, but with guts and nuts ( did i just come up with a new phrase?)
- nice dynamics and transients
- the sound seems to be very accurate and original to the source. I don't hear any coloration, phasing, etc, but true honest slaps in your face. Or ears.
- 8 ohm - easy to drive
- some of you might not like this, but i even use them for 3-4hours bike rides. Amazing, acoustic cinema while riding through the nature
- cable is great, no noise
- i would rely on them for mix downs or producing, i still have to try some transfers (comparing the IEM mix on other speakers) but i am sure they are very correct
- amazing balance between being analytical and lots and lots of fun. BIG fun!
- what was the most amazing experience for me is the fact, that they do not give every recording the same sound signature, but rather let you hear the different signaturs
and differences. It is like you seem to understand mnuch better not only in which time a recording was made, but what was the intention of the production. They let you
feel each recording in its own true meaning. And that is i guess one of the best compliments you can make for monitor equipment.
- i listen to everything, from Schubert to Metalheadz, from Fado to Afro sounds. but i want to pick out 4 songs / recordings that i instantly recall listening to:
1. Gulda plays Bach. This album is a collage of different recordings, many pieces made by Gulda with his 2track. For the first time i clearly could hear the differences between the different characters of those single collage pieces.
2. Parno Graszt (Gypsy ensemble from Hungary) i not only never had heard the musicians so well separated, but i even thought i can hear, that the mein singer is missing a tooth or two.
3. Jimi Hendrix "crosstown trafffic" for the first time i really heard what's going on in the mix in a proper way. the backing vocals, the stereo fx, the single instruments: a totally new (Jimi Hendrix) experience.
4. Brittany Howard & the Alabama Shakes "Don't wanna fight". I was not even listening very loud but when that rough beat hit hard through the middle after those intro left-right guitars i smiled literally like an idiot having been hit by a hammer. WOW. Those beats came so mean and dirty but so right and correct and hard it was fantastic.

cons:
- not small, some might not like the size but as said: i use them for long bike rides
- not cheap (i paid €1450 incl VAT, but found that coupon posted above that magically still was working when i ordered)

summary:
i really love those IEMs. I think it is one of the best pieces of equipment i had ever bought. I think they are amazing for pro's as everyday mixing tools
as well as for everybody else to always have an incredible sounding pair of IEMs with you that can be driven with even the lamest cellphone with their 8ohms.

There might be even better ones. But for this price, what they offer is just perfect for me. hard hitting honest addictive highest quality.

ps i did my best with english, so i hope you can understand what i was trying to express

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023 at 11:04 PM Post #59 of 59
The only IEM I've heard that surpasses the depth of the Contour XO is the U12T with a trade-off of its center imaging focus ability that couldn't even come close to that ò the Contour XO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back