Continuance of group-buy of TAKE T H2XLR&TR2XLR
Sep 29, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #138 of 195
Nice work, Aaron. I've got some At L3000 pade in some far corner of chaos manor, and as soon as I can lay my hands on them, will see how they align with the H2. I can see how the 600/650 pads would be great from their elongated shape. Looking forward to pics.

How much for this Biker Mod? If not too dear, I'll send mine up for a makeover.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 29, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #139 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif

very_evil_smiley.gif

Aaron can do a demo for us in October. I have two pair of Senns and only one pair of ears. I also think I have stray velour K340 pads around as well. All I'm missing is the H2.
frown.gif

Sep 29, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #140 of 195
Extremely unprofessional 1st prototype version:

Stockings or velour pads on the springs to follow.

biker-tweak.jpg

Sep 29, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #141 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif

very_evil_smiley.gif

This one is for the community. Consider it community service being paid forward when I make a future stupid mistake
cool.gif

Sep 29, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #143 of 195
It's like my rusty beat up looking 1971 BMW 3.0 CSI. It was a fantastic handling, speedster rocketship, but I never washed it and it had rust around the wheel wells and hood, but nobody would even think about stealing it.

They look a lot like the Stax 404 without the squeak.

Sep 29, 2007 at 1:27 PM Post #144 of 195
What follows is the design for a basic tube amplifier that can be used to drive the H2 directly (without the TR2). It has been tested by Mr Takei, but the design could be improved upon by an expert amp designer. You can connect the H2 to the high voltage side of the transformer, which will produce sound at least as loud and high quality as the TR2.

cube-amp.gif

Sep 30, 2007 at 3:03 PM Post #146 of 195
We will product all models for XLR model in the future.
And, the panel of the group-buy and this group-buy is continued during one further-month. We continue afterwards if it is necessary.
The content is a little different from last time.
Please look at the first thread of the group-buy about the difference of contents.
Member's various advice and opinions are necessary to improve H2 further. I continue this panel to get them.
I think it is the best way to design a suitable amplifier for H2 to improve the tone quality of H2 further. The transformer like TR2 is difficult to drive without the bass's distortion.
Because, the amplifier manufacturer of my acquaintance who is scheduling the sale of preamp next month doesn't have the capital in which a large sum of cost is paid to match to the spec of the power supply of another country, and to take the safety standard.
So we are welcome if the amplifier engineer in a lot of countries tries to special amplifier for H2.
H2&TR2XLR is production of 10-15 sets/month now.
We are making to stock other products of our company now. So after finish of stock we schedule to apply workers for H2 production. I think we can increase production in around December.

Moreover, to block the spam mail that uses the yahoo mail, I will accept it
while continuing the group-buy.

We wish to express our gratitude to b0dhi who has guided the progress of this group-buy and the menbers who sending the opinion to this panel at the end.

My best regards in the future.
Takei

Oct 2, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #147 of 195
Mm, got my H2s today. I didn't think headphones were capable of this kind of bass. Apparently, they are. I was so impressed that I cannibalized the pads from my formerly active-duty 650s for a hasty Biker-Tweaking.

Adhered with yellow electrical tape - It matches the leather!

Oct 2, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #148 of 195
The Biker-Tweak® lives!
cool.gif

Yes, for some reason I was expecting electrostatic-type bass. The Take-T Bass is very satiating.

Oct 2, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #149 of 195
I wish I had a set of HD6x0 pads to try this, sadly jecklin floats and ergos dont really have much in the way of pads.

Oct 2, 2007 at 12:41 AM Post #150 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Biker-Tweak® lives!
cool.gif

Yes, for some reason I was expecting electrostatic-type bass. The Take-T Bass is very satiating.

That was one of my favourite things about the very individual character of the H2, that amalgamation of character between 'stat and coil, clarity speed and weight together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back