Continuance of group-buy of TAKE T H2XLR&TR2XLR
Sep 11, 2007 at 1:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 195

Take T

Member of the Trade: Take T
Greetings head-fi,

We have been offering the H2 and TR2 together for a discounted group-buy price.
Thank you very much for purchasing of many members of head-fi.
The TRS model was sold out, and production ended, too.
We will product all models for XLR model in the future.
And, the panel of the group-buy and this group-buy is continued during one further-month. We continue afterwards if it is necessary.
The content is a little different from last time and the difference is as follows.
-XLR model only
-Both H2XLR and TR2XLR can be ordered even if single even by the pair.

If you would like to participate, send the following information
to
[ttakei@axel.ocn.ne.jp] :
-Your name
-Shipping address
-Model (H2XLR&TR2XLR, H2XLR, TR2XLR)
-Quantity
-Telephone number

please also include that.
When the orders are ready to be sent, we will let you know, and payment can
be made then. Payment can be made by PayPal, MoneyBookers or bank transfer.
The currency should be Yen.
PayPal: [ttakei@axel.ocn.ne.jp]
MoneyBookers: [ttakei@axel.ocn.ne.jp]
We also accept bank transfer.

The H2XLR&TR2XLR is [JPY176000], H2XLR[JPY100000].
and TR2XLR[JPY76000]
This price includes individual worldwide shipping.
For any queries, please contact me at [ttakei@axel.ocn.ne.jp].

T. Takei
TakeT

The XLR model is terminated by a Neutrik 4-pin XLR plug. 4 speaker-binding posts and a spring headband (seen below).

Sep 11, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #2 of 195
Greetings and welcome to Head-Fi, Mr. Takei. I am proud to be the first to welcome you, and will certainly participate in this group buy.

If my calculations are correct, the XLR model will be $1550. USD, and the TRS model $1330. Is that right?

Oh, and in this case, I guess I will turn the official Head-Fi greeting around, and say, "Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about our wallets."
icon10.gif

Sep 11, 2007 at 2:50 AM Post #6 of 195
This is definitely good news. Now if we could just get the old thread back as well.
eggosmile.gif
It had quite a few worthwhile posts in it, particularly those about which (headphone) amps can drive the H2 (and which cannot) and the value of the XLR inputs. Personally, I'd like to see an 4-pin XLR T2 with an H2 that has a 4 pin XLR output, but only binding posts for an input. My understanding (from what I call of the old thread) is that the XLR inputs on the H2 added to the cost. Most of us will never had an amp that outputs sufficient voltage, via XLR to warrant the need of the XLR inputs. However, all of us will benefit from the 4-pin connection between the H2 and T2. Anyone else have similar thoughts to this?

Also, when can we expect an H2 smiley? [|
wink.gif
|]

Sep 11, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #7 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by steaxauce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I definitely plan on buying one! But what is TRS, and is it possible to buy the H2 without the TR2? I'm interested in building my own transformer.

Tip Ring Sleeve connector. Standard audio jack.

Sep 11, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #8 of 195
Regarding the XLR inputs, they are no longer in the design. Many XLR cables don't have the required wire gauge, so it isn't suitable for the speaker-type load of the TR2.

So, the only input going into the TR2 is via the 4 speaker binding posts.

Sep 11, 2007 at 3:04 AM Post #9 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0dhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Regarding the XLR inputs, they are no longer in the design. Many XLR cables don't have the required wire gauge, so it isn't suitable for the speaker-type load of the TR2.

Do you, by any chance, know if any other changes have been implemented? (I'm mostly curious about the wire headband.)

Sep 11, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #10 of 195
Quote:

Thanks b0dhi, that is exactly the info I was looking for. Speaker level XLR outputs (and cables) are a rarity outside of pro audio, and even there they have fairly specific uses (biamping stage monitors, for example.)

I suspect that the XLR (output) version of the H2/T2 will be well worth the additional cost.

Sep 11, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #11 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knuckledragger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is definitely good news. Now if we could just get the old thread back as well.
eggosmile.gif
It had quite a few worthwhile posts in it, particularly those about which (headphone) amps can drive the H2 (and which cannot) and the value of the XLR inputs. Personally, I'd like to see an 4-pin XLR T2 with an H2 that has a 4 pin XLR output, but only binding posts for an input. My understanding (from what I call of the old thread) is that the XLR inputs on the H2 added to the cost. Most of us will never had an amp that outputs sufficient voltage, via XLR to warrant the need of the XLR inputs. However, all of us will benefit from the 4-pin connection between the H2 and T2. Anyone else have similar thoughts to this?

Also, when can we expect an H2 smiley? [|
wink.gif
|]

x+1 on the uselessness of the XLR Inputs to the TR2, and the desirability of a 4 pin XLR connection on the TR2 Output to the HR2.

Quote:

Ah ... this is good. So the only difference between the XLR and TRS models is the output jack of the TR2 and the termination of the HR2 cable?

So ...

XLR = 4 pin XLR male-female junction of TR2 to HR2

TRS = 1/4" TRS female - male junction of TR2 to HR2

Is this right?

Sep 11, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #12 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x+1 on the uselessness of the XLR Inputs to the TR2, and the desirability of a pin XLR connection on the TR2 Output to the HR2.

Ah ... this is good. So the only difference between the XLR and TRS models is the output jack of the TR2 and the termination of the HR2 cable?

So ...

XLR = 4 pin XLR male-female junction of TR2 to HR2

TRS = 1/4" TRS female - male junction of TR2 to HR2

Is this right?

Yep that's right. TRS is only 3 conductor so you can't use them balanced, if you have a balanced amp.

This means I have the only TR2 with XLR inputs. I'll never use them, but cool!

Sep 11, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #13 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not sure if the TRS model comes with the wire headband or the leather one. I do know that the XLR model comes with the wire headband. Apart from that though, yes, that's correct.

Sep 11, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #14 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knuckledragger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suspect that the XLR (output) version of the H2/T2 will be well worth the additional cost.

Was it not mentioned in an older thread that the TRS model cannot be used with all types of amplifiers? If true, that alone would make the extra cost of the XLR model worthwhile.

Sep 11, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #15 of 195
Is the transformer box any different on the TRS model other than the input and output jacks? If there are no internal difference, it seems a pretty easy mod to switch the jacks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back