Constructive "Anti-Beats" headphone discussion
Jul 1, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #512 of 548
Why? I am being civil... who do you think got a moderator involved in the first place? 

That being said, I'm not going to let an entire page of accusations and personal attacks pointed at me just slide. Those were unresolved issues, so I addressed them and now I'm done with this discussion. This thread hasn't been vaguely productive for the last two pages.

Jul 1, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #513 of 548
This thread is full of awesomeness you tell em Tus-Chan. 
beerchug.gif
popcorn.gif

Anyway what's getting annoying is that there are more Beat's threads popping up here and there. 

Jul 1, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #515 of 548
Well i've left my points of discussion and statements here, i'm done here, I guess I should have left this discussion as it was a long time ago.

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #516 of 548
Quote:
This is seriously embarrassing for the both of you. If all you can contribute to this thread is a bunch of childishly baseless personal attacks, perhaps it would be best that both of you are banned from the thread. Then, maybe whatever hope a thread of this topic had of being rational and logical, like most other threads on the board, can be salvaged.

But man, a group of people hating on the same thing unites those people. Let us be the cool people on the internet.
Just make a sub-forum at 4chan.head-fi.org and all the problems will go away.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #517 of 548
Quote:
A debate has rules and follows a certain style. That will never happen on here.

we could try?
and look guys, a head-fi divided will NEVER, EVER convert enough people to good sound quality t beat the current fads, I'm starting small time and recommending headphones to people here and there, and whenever someone says they beat beats (unintentional pun) that's a victory. When enough people realize I know enough about headphones to discredit beats then they'll pass it on to their friends who will also come to me.
So come on guys, why don't we work on ways to "convert" people, or at least get them off beats. If we have an efficient, working system and set of steps that we know works, then beats will die out. 

Jul 3, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #520 of 548
I did not read most of this enormous thread but I'm just thinking it is so sad that the audio industry failed so hilariously. Dr. Dre has revolutionized the music industry. We can disagree to an extent, but he really moved the music world. He told people to buy headphones that seek perfect reproduction - to hear what the artists intended you to hear. He made people do that and he made them do that with his crappy headphones. This was really something. This gives me hope. :) It's like a filet-o-fish. I'm lovin' it.

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #522 of 548
Well, hopefully some level headed, reasonable people are still reading this thread, because i'd rather not make a new one.

Basically, recommend me something better than the beats pro.  Here's my requirements (in no order):

1.  BASSY.  I only listen to hip hop, and the bass is a must.
2.  Closed cans with no leakage, or very little.
3.  detachable cable.
4.  To be used with an iphone with NO AMPLIFICATION WHATSOEVER. (no eq apps either).
5.  Must be comfortable. NO HARD CLAMPING FORCE!!!!  i'm unusually sensitive to tight clamping.  something like the senn momentum, where i can bend the hardware to my liking, is a plus.  
6. under $500 retail.
7. Over Ear
8. No active noise canceling

Recommend me something that would be better than beats pro.  I won't even bother with all the phones i've tried, but the ones that came closest were the AIAIAI TMA-1.  can't do the on ear thing anymore.  and the TMA-1 Studios......just weren't right.

suggestions?

Aug 23, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #523 of 548
Well, hopefully some level headed, reasonable people are still reading this thread, because i'd rather not make a new one.

Basically, recommend me something better than the beats pro.  Here's my requirements (in no order):

1.  BASSY.  I only listen to hip hop, and the bass is a must.
2.  Closed cans with no leakage, or very little.
3.  detachable cable.
4.  To be used with an iphone with NO AMPLIFICATION WHATSOEVER. (no eq apps either).
5.  Must be comfortable. NO HARD CLAMPING FORCE!!!!  i'm unusually sensitive to tight clamping.  something like the senn momentum, where i can bend the hardware to my liking, is a plus.  
6. under $500 retail.
7. Over Ear

8. No active noise canceling

Recommend me something that would be better than beats pro.  I won't even bother with all the phones i've tried, but the ones that came closest were the AIAIAI TMA-1.  can't do the on ear thing anymore.  and the TMA-1 Studios......just weren't right.

suggestions?
Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros?

Aug 23, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #525 of 548
Quote:
Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros?

wow, hadn't seen those.  they look awesome.  question though, which mode offers the most bass? the "open headphone" mode or the "closed headphone" mode?  just want to be sure, because open would never be an option for me.
Quote:
Vmoda M100?

not sure about the m100, but i tried the m80 and their clamping was atrocious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back