Constructive "Anti-Beats" headphone discussion
Jun 5, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #406 of 548
funny thing is, if they had a passion (e.g. football) that we had no clue about, the moment we said anything like not knowing it's "HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS!!!" or "GET A LIFE" whereas the moment we say anything it's (99% of the time) "Who cares man, everyone knows beats are the best" I think a collaboration between sennheiser, monster cable and skullcandy would be the best thing ever, have the advertisement department from monster cable, they work wonders, have the sound engineers and people who set out any company beliefs/morals from sennheiser and have skullcandy helping the sound engineers (but mainly watching them) that way, there would be the ultimate amazing sounding, street looking, well advertised headphones in existence, of course, naturally, this would only be one line of sennheisers, and we'd be buying all the sensible ones. I say the best thing ever because it would impose amazing sound quality on unsuspecting teenagers and they'd probably still have EXACTLY the same reaction.

Jun 7, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #407 of 548
Very true, but they still wouldn't be able to tell the difference, though I admit I was a Beats fan, then I happened to stumble across this website a year ago... I realize that they're just a fashion trend, a very overpriced one to be exact.

Jun 7, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #408 of 548
Quote:
Very true, but they still wouldn't be able to tell the difference, though I admit I was a Beats fan, then I happened to stumble across this website a year ago... I realize that they're just a fashion trend, a very overpriced one to be exact.

Especially when half the population rate audio by pure bass quantity and raw loudness. 
(maaan they rushin' to be deaf or sumtin'?)

Jun 7, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #409 of 548
Especially when half the population rate audio by pure bass quantity and raw loudness. 

(maaan they rushin' to be deaf or sumtin'?)
Actually maybe, considering all the swag fags, etc. Turn up their volume all the way up and I saw a sign at Best Buy saying the the Mixrs have "Lightweight, Big Sound" and I'm thinking, "It's loud but clear at all?" Bassheads on a budget: V-Moda m-80 or AT m50

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #410 of 548
Quote:
Actually maybe, considering all the swag fags, etc. Turn up their volume all the way up and I saw a sign at Best Buy saying the the Mixrs have "Lightweight, Big Sound" and I'm thinking, "It's loud but clear at all?" Bassheads on a budget: V-Moda m-80 or AT m50

Well.... personally for me the M80 is expensive, not really sure if i am willing to call that 'budget'.
I would consider something more like an XB500 or XB400 as budget. But then again things are expensive where i am. 160% of MSRP.

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #411 of 548
I
Well.... personally for me the M80 is expensive, not really sure if i am willing to call that 'budget'.

I would consider something more like an XB500 or XB400 as budget. But then again things are expensive where i am. 160% of MSRP.
I got mine for $150 direct from Amazon so yeah. But I haven't really tried Sennheiser but they're really good budget headphones.

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #412 of 548
Quote:
I
I got mine for $150 direct from Amazon so yeah. But I haven't really tried Sennheiser but they're really good budget headphones.

lol the XB500 and XB400 are not from Sennheiser
tongue.gif

they are from Sony

Jun 7, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #415 of 548
Beats are not amazing headphones. They also aren't terrible either. I don't think they are really that overpriced, considering they have active noise cancelling and are actually very well made and comfortable. Yeah, they have inaccurate bass, but most closed headphones do. I've heard them and they have pretty decent SQ. Is it better than an open full-size pair of Sennheisers? No, but that isn't a fair comparison.

Ultimately, people here hate them because the general population buys them, and head-fi likes to feel superior to such people.. If AKG or Beyerdynamic made this exact same headphone, it would be championed.

Jun 7, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #416 of 548
While i dont wholeheartedly agree with the beats bashing across the internet, i really think it serves a good purpose.

Had the hating and bashing been less extensive and i could be seriously considering to buy beats too. Especially considering the fact that i am a sucker for good looks.

In fact i am thinking of buying a 20 buck headphone and try to spray it so that it would resemble the beats.

Jun 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #417 of 548
Beats are not amazing headphones. They also aren't terrible either. I don't think they are really that overpriced, considering they have active noise cancelling and are actually very well made and comfortable. Yeah, they have inaccurate bass, but most closed headphones do. I've heard them and they have pretty decent SQ. Is it better than an open full-size pair of Sennheisers? No, but that isn't a fair comparison.

Ultimately, people here hate them because the general population buys them, and head-fi likes to feel superior to such people.. If AKG or Beyerdynamic made this exact same headphone, it would be championed.
Very true, though a LOT of people buy Beats for they're name it is somewhat the same for AKG, Beyerdynamic, etc. It also works as a placebo effect I guess. Throw in Beats driver onto a Sennheiser body you'd still think it was good sooooo...

Jun 7, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #420 of 548
Considering the lower-end Sennheisers aren't usually very well regarded, probably not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back