Connecting headamp and source to receiver
Mar 8, 2008 at 11:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tight_budget

Head-Fier
Someone in the forum told me to connect the receiver to the headamp via tape out to bypass the receiver's circuitry for best sound.

Do I need to connect the CD player to Tape In as well? When I connect the cd player to tape in, I can't get sound from the headamp, only the speakers. But if I connect the cdp to any other input, I can get sound.

I'm using a yamaha receiver by the way.

Mar 9, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #2 of 3
depending on your receiver / integrated amplifier, you should connect your sources on the "input" segment at the back of the receiver. i connected my output of the cd player to the audio input of the receiver. i then connected my headphone amplifier to the tape out of the receiver. you have to use the input selector of the receiver to get it right. put the selector on the cd as source, then you will hear the audio out of the headphone amplifier.

in my case, my receiver has 2 audio outputs, one tape out and one cd-r out. i can only use the tape out when i'm listening to the on-board ipod dock. so i use a rca splitter on the tape out so that i can use 2 headphone amplifiers.

Mar 9, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by tight_budget /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone in the forum told me to connect the receiver to the headamp via tape out to bypass the receiver's circuitry for best sound.

Do I need to connect the CD player to Tape In as well? When I connect the cd player to tape in, I can't get sound from the headamp, only the speakers. But if I connect the cdp to any other input, I can get sound.

I'm using a yamaha receiver by the way.

Another way of saying it:
Hook your sources to the receiver like you normally do. Use Tape 1 REC OUT jacks to hook to your headphone amp's input. When you play a source and have it selected on the receiver, the record out circuit will be outputting the selected sources signal to your headphone amp. This usually works very well and is as quiet as your receiver is.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back