Conflicting results, really need help.
Jul 3, 2012 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Music3nthusi3st

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I am looking for the right iem for me. I love vocals and a lot of details and I also like decent bass for dubstep. I love all music and I am simply trying to find an iem that sounds good with every genre. I cannot spend more than 100$ so that's also complicating. I was originally recommended the Monster Turbines and since its head-fi there was another saying they werent good lol. I also am looking for instrument separation. I was looking at the hifiman re0 but i saw that its mids were really recessed, which im not really sure what it means but i will not sacrifice mids as i enjoy them very much XD basically a long winded way of saying Im trying to find an iem that reveals detail, emotion, has decent bass(jvc marshmallows have enough bass for me), good mids(i like to melt with the vocals) and highs(like them crisp), has instrument separation and works with every genre. I am really not sure if there is an iem that does that for 100$ but I really am conflicted lol. would love recommendations :) all in all i dont know why it is so hard to find an earphone that has good lows mids and highs with instrument separation as it seems that should be standard :/

Jul 3, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #2 of 5
I don't necessarily think you needed to start a new thread since you're realistically asking the same question but in a different way from the other thread you started.  That being said, have you read through joker's reviews?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-244-iems-compared-yamaha-eph-100-monster-miles-davis-trumpet-added-06-19-12

From what I've heard that he's reviewed - he's pretty dead-on with his assessments and since he breaks them down by cost I'm fairly certain you'd be able to find something that fits your needs.  At this point it might be a matter of trial/error.  You can get something and if it's not what you're looking for sell it and try again.  If you liked the JVC Marshmellows I'd suggest reading his review and seeing if you agree/disagree with his thoughts. If you agree then you'll know you're both on the same page and are likely to find something in your price range that works.  You'd be looking for good, possibly forward mids since you like vocals.  Maybe look at his reviews for the Westone 1 or Shure 215.  You could get both for less than $100 with the sale Earphonesolutions is having and they would have warranties as well. I personally have a better fit with Westone's than Shure but everyone's ears are different.  The Shure 215 does have a removable cable if that matters.

Jul 3, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #3 of 5
$15 on the Philips SHE-3580 -- meets all your criteria easily and competently.  "For $15??  You're crazy!"  Well, just trust me and loads of other here on this forum who now use these little gems daily.  They are a true bargain value that delivers.

Save the other $85 for more music!

Jul 3, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #4 of 5
$15 on the Philips SHE-3580 -- meets all your criteria easily and competently.  "For $15??  You're crazy!"  Well, just trust me and loads of other here on this forum who now use these little gems daily.  They are a true bargain value that delivers.

Save the other $85 for more music!

Good Post...

Jim

Jul 3, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
I don't necessarily think you needed to start a new thread since you're realistically asking the same question but in a different way from the other thread you started.  That being said, have you read through joker's reviews?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-244-iems-compared-yamaha-eph-100-monster-miles-davis-trumpet-added-06-19-12

From what I've heard that he's reviewed - he's pretty dead-on with his assessments and since he breaks them down by cost I'm fairly certain you'd be able to find something that fits your needs.  At this point it might be a matter of trial/error.  You can get something and if it's not what you're looking for sell it and try again.  If you liked the JVC Marshmellows I'd suggest reading his review and seeing if you agree/disagree with his thoughts. If you agree then you'll know you're both on the same page and are likely to find something in your price range that works.  You'd be looking for good, possibly forward mids since you like vocals.  Maybe look at his reviews for the Westone 1 or Shure 215.  You could get both for less than $100 with the sale Earphonesolutions is having and they would have warranties as well. I personally have a better fit with Westone's than Shure but everyone's ears are different.  The Shure 215 does have a removable cable if that matters.

I have looked at his reviews several times, I simply don't know what to look for i guess. Main thing is works with every genre. I did listen to on the ears klipsche one and liked them but I'd need more bass. the highest quality headphones i've bought are klipsch image s4 which didn't have bass to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back