Complement for my current K701+Heed Canamp combo
Aug 11, 2010 at 7:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

msninja

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys.

I'm looking to buy a secdond set of at-home headphones to go with my current rig, which is a Heed Canamp and AKG K701 (I also have K240S). I love the K701 for jazz and classical and the like, but since i dip heavily into progressive rock (new and old) and doom/sludge I often find the clinical sound of the K701 a little straining. I've been using the K240S for this kind of music and it's alright, but it would be great with another pair of real good headphones for this kind of music!

I'm not looking to replace my Heed Canamp, so any phones that suit it would be perfect.

What are your suggestions?

The budget is not really a concern, if they're too expensive now, I'll save money for another month and get em later.

Aug 13, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #3 of 4
I have not listened to either of these, although I have listened to the HD650 and didn't much like, mostly due to the tight fit over the head. The 600 has the same fit I assume?

Is the K601 really that much different from my K701? Bear in mind that I love the K701 for certain kinds of music, and the sole purpose is getting a headphone that really benefits my other musical interests (doom metal/sludge/prog), so I'm not interested in something with a similiar sound. The fit of the K701 is fantastic over my head though, so that would be nice I guess if the K601 is the same in that regard... :)

Aug 13, 2010 at 8:48 AM Post #4 of 4
Well, k601 shares great soundstaging(little smaller), balance, organic- natural signature with k701 but thats pretty much it. It has much smoother sound, laid back mids but guitars and voices are unbelievable good and engaging. Little more mid bass or slam than k701 which dissect music to parts and k601 takes it as whole and gives pure enjoyment with plenty of details and separation. Comfort of k601 is much better than with k701 so that is a huge plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back