Comparisons: 36 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Dec 4, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #1,051 of 4,373
That's probably why the m500 sounds thin next to it.

I think the ue6000 deserves a higher rating though, since the mids are very good (as is the bass), and the isolation is top notch.

UE6000 does have a nice continuity in the bass and mid but the problem is in the upper treble....the 6000 have none.

Dec 5, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #1,053 of 4,373
The Sony MDR 7520s that I bought less than two weeks ago already have a defect.  The right earphone has started making a rattling sound on bass passages.  I first became aware of the rattling in the right earphone when I was listening to the track "Words" by Secretary.  To confirm I played the same music passage with the M500, P7, HD600, HE500.  No distortion on the other earphones.  I'm really bummed because I was really beginning to like the 7520s.  The same thing happened earlier this year with the Westone UM3X that I purchased from Amazon.  

Dec 5, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #1,054 of 4,373
Which is the message you're trying to convey?

1) the 7520 is not durable
2) the 7520 has poor qc
3) you are unlucky
4) you no longer have a 7520 to listen to
5) potential new buyer be aware

Dec 5, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #1,055 of 4,373
  The Sony MDR 7520s that I bought less than two weeks ago already have a defect.  The right earphone has started making a rattling sound on bass passages.  I first became aware of the rattling in the right earphone when I was listening to the track "Words" by Secretary.  To confirm I played the same music passage with the M500, P7, HD600, HE500.  No distortion on the other earphones.  I'm really bummed because I was really beginning to like the 7520s.  The same thing happened earlier this year with the Westone UM3X that I purchased from Amazon.  

Really?

I haven't heard anything like that on my 7520. I would go and exchange it for another at the place you bought it, sounds like a manufacturing defect.

Dec 5, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #1,058 of 4,373
I find the UE6k to sound and features fantastically for $200 and given that, recently there is so much great deal on this headphone (I have seen down to $85). I definitely this headphone offer the best bargain after all! Of course... In the closed headphone category... The SR60i, to me, is still the best bargain headphone for less than $100!

Dec 5, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #1,059 of 4,373
Which is the message you're trying to convey?

1) the 7520 is not durable
2) the 7520 has poor qc
3) you are unlucky
4) you no longer have a 7520 to listen to
5) potential new buyer be aware

I wanted to inform anyone reading this thread that I recently purchased the 7520s and returned them because of the rattling sound that occurs when I am listening to bass or any low frequency.  That's the message.

1 & 2) I don't want to claim the 7520 is not durable and/or has poor qc just because the pair I bought have become defective.  

3) I don't know if I am unlucky or if there are a lot of defective 7520s.  Prior to reading this thread I never heard of the 7520s.  

4) I still have the 7520s but I am going to send them back to Amazon today for a refund.

5) I'm not trying to warn potential new buyers because most likely I happened to have received a random faulty pair.  I own a lot of Sony electronics that I purchased several years ago that work as good as the day I bought them.  

Dec 5, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #1,060 of 4,373
  I wanted to inform anyone reading this thread that I recently purchased the 7520s and returned them because of the rattling sound that occurs when I am listening to bass or any low frequency.  That's the message.

1 & 2) I don't want to claim the 7520 is not durable and/or has poor qc just because the pair I bought have become defective.  

3) I don't know if I am unlucky or if there are a lot of defective 7520s.  Prior to reading this thread I never heard of the 7520s.  

4) I still have the 7520s but I am going to send them back to Amazon today for a refund.

5) I'm not trying to warn potential new buyers because most likely I happened to have received a random faulty pair.  I own a lot of Sony electronics that I purchased several years ago that work as good as the day I bought them.  

Well thanks for the heads up. It's probably just a random defective unit though. I haven't seen much anecdotal evidence about defective units, but there generally isn't that much information to be found about the 7520 anyway.

Dec 5, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #1,061 of 4,373

Had a similar issue once and found out the culprit was simply a hair rattling against the driver diaphragm..
:p

Dec 5, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #1,064 of 4,373

Had a similar issue once and found out the culprit was simply a hair rattling against the driver diaphragm..
tongue.gif

Good call, try to remove the earpad and gently blow on diaphragm.

Dec 5, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #1,065 of 4,373

Good call, try to remove the earpad and gently blow on diaphragm.

Actually get one of those spray cans with air in them and use that to blow away dust gently. If you blow with your breath, you will also blow moisture onto the diaphragm, since your breath always contains moisture. You wouldn't want to inadvertently damage the headphone, right? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back